Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Preston North End have announced the signing of Manchester United midfielder Josh Harrop when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Despite it officially being described as a free transfer, The Red Devils will be entitled to a compensation fee due to bringing Harrop through the youth ranks. This type of deal is only allowed to happen when the player in question is under the age of 24 which in this case he is. A fee has been agreed by both parties involved.

The 21 year old joins Preston on a four year deal which offers both him and the club some security on his whereabouts. This could be described as a good coup for the Championship side who turned down a new deal at the Premier League giants in favour of first team football.

Refreshing sight to see a player wanting to actually play football rather than sit and collect a big wage/Rot in a big clubs reserves..

Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp is interested in signing Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean.

Redknapp was in Scotland last month to watch the Cup Final between Celtic and Aberdeen to check out two of the Dons' star names.

The 70-year-old’s main reason for being in attendance at Hampden Park was to keep an eye on Jonny Hayes, who Blues were interested in before he completed his switch to Celtic earlier this week, but he was also eager to see McLean at close quarters.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Midfield is looking well short on bodies, Lee, Wallace, Bannan, Jones, Abdi and Reach. That's it if you count Hutch as a defender and Matias as a forward.

Have 8 forwards if you count Matias in there. All looks a bit lop sided. Hope we can sort this out in the next few weeks

Matias is not a forward and after last season Hutchinson should be considered a midfielder. You've missed mcgugan so that makes 9. 

9 players for 4/5 positions is not 'well short'. We do however need to bring some variety into the midfield mix because the vast majority of the midfield play through the middle leaving us short on width. 

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Im sure DC and Carlos are at their caravan in Ingoldmells, playing swingball and giving absolutely no fv.cks about bringing any players in!

You should nip over and remind em!

Dont like ingoldmells these days. Not what it used to be. Thanks for proposing the next steps i should take though.

Mind you. We know what we wanted last year and ended up with loads of square pegs for round holes. Now, wheres the car.....

52 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Matias is not a forward and after last season Hutchinson should be considered a midfielder. You've missed mcgugan so that makes 9. 

9 players for 4/5 positions is not 'well short'. We do however need to bring some variety into the midfield mix because the vast majority of the midfield play through the middle leaving us short on width. 

I was going off the squad list on our official website. Mcgugan isnt even on it anywhere. melo isnt on there either. Are they actually counted at all? If Hutch is a midfielder despite every man and his jack russell insisting he should play at CB then we are short in defence. Which one is it, CB or CM?  

Matias fair enough, just going off the official site. Still top heavy and light everywhere else.

2 hours ago, richowl said:

Refreshing sight to see a player wanting to actually play football rather than sit and collect a big wage/Rot in a big clubs reserves..

Just the kind of signing we should be making. Looks a good player. Hopefully this summer we may see the club sign players who can develop as well as tried and tested. 

3 hours ago, richowl said:

Ah yes Rich, but would we feel the same if it were Wildsmith

23 hours ago, malek said:

I've seen him once for St Mirren. They played him at left-back that game, he still did really well and scored great goal.

Hmmm. Would anyone want to see us try to get Kenny McLean from Aberdeen ? Good player, and shouldn't be too expensive.

If we were going for an Aberdeen player I'd rather have Graeme Shinnie who has been lined up for the captaincy next season, he's excellent. QPR were supposed to have had a £1 million bid for McLean knocked back at the start of the window.

On 6/22/2017 at 16:22, Bloxwich Owl said:

Birmingham City have made an enquiry for Barnsley defender Marc Roberts.

The Birmingham Mail understands Blues boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bring the 26-year-old to St Andrew’s.

Roberts was once again linked with Blues last weekend, having been the subject of speculation all summer.

And an enquiry has been made.

I could be wrong but I don't see Roberts leaving Barnsley unless a Premier League club come in and offer him huge money. He's been linked with Burnley, but Swansea supposedly came in for him in January and he didn't go. I think he is actually a Barnsley fan so getting him to leave may be pretty difficult.

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Preston North End have announced the signing of Manchester United midfielder Josh Harrop when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Despite it officially being described as a free transfer, The Red Devils will be entitled to a compensation fee due to bringing Harrop through the youth ranks. This type of deal is only allowed to happen when the player in question is under the age of 24 which in this case he is. A fee has been agreed by both parties involved.

The 21 year old joins Preston on a four year deal which offers both him and the club some security on his whereabouts. This could be described as a good coup for the Championship side who turned down a new deal at the Premier League giants in favour of first team football.

That's a brilliant deal. He's been dynamite for Man U reserves, but Preston manage to get him permanently and on a long-term deal.

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I could be wrong but I don't see Roberts leaving Barnsley unless a Premier League club come in and offer him huge money. He's been linked with Burnley, but Swansea supposedly came in for him in January and he didn't go. I think he is actually a Barnsley fan so getting him to leave may be pretty difficult.

Loyalty is soon forgotten when big dosh is on the table . 

However someone on here said he was from a Wednesday family . again not that would make any difference  as we would have Garry Cahil and Vardy playing for us .