Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm starting to get flashbacks to last summer... we seem to be slow out the blocks don't we? 

I quite enjoyed the late night transfer announcements though, would like to see a return of those. lol

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm starting to get flashbacks to last summer... we seem to be slow out the blocks don't we? 

on announcing, possibly, but plenty of sides have announced nothing at all, doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes

8 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

A night of Bus, Melo and some crap right back called Vermin (or similar) from Man Utd, yeah lets do that all over again. :columbo:

That wasn't the Summer and I'm talking about 5/6 months later when all of our new signings seemed to be announced after 11pm.

Pretty sure it was the Matias signing that kicked it all off.

In other random, comical news

12:08

KEAN MAY EXIT JUVE OVER TRACTORS

Moise Kean could leave Juventus due to a dispute over some tractors, according to his father.

The 17-year-old made his full debut for Juve last season and became the first player born after the millennium to play a competitive fixture in Europe's top five leagues. His rise has made him a reported transfer target of a host of Premier League clubs, and his dad, Biorou, says the teenager may leave the Serie A champions because the club have failed to deliver him a fleet of tractors.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus offered a contract of €700,000-a-year, which was fine, but the problem is they had also promised me some tractors for my agricultural business in the Ivory Coast, but now they say there is no budget for them.

"I own several hectares of land in the Ivory Coast which I would like to cultivate with rice and corn. I'm an agronomist. I asked for agricultural materials and they told me "no problem". However, the other day, Juve's lawyer contacted me to tell me that the contract offer had been revoked because my requests were out of their means."

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Moise Kean could leave Juventus due to a dispute over some tractors, according to his father.

The 17-year-old made his full debut for Juve last season and became the first player born after the millennium to play a competitive fixture in Europe's top five leagues. His rise has made him a reported transfer target of a host of Premier League clubs, and his dad, Biorou, says the teenager may leave the Serie A champions because the club have failed to deliver him a fleet of tractors.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus offered a contract of €700,000-a-year, which was fine, but the problem is they had also promised me some tractors for my agricultural business in the Ivory Coast, but now they say there is no budget for them.

"I own several hectares of land in the Ivory Coast which I would like to cultivate with rice and corn. I'm an agronomist. I asked for agricultural materials and they told me "no problem". However, the other day, Juve's lawyer contacted me to tell me that the contract offer had been revoked because my requests were out of their means."

Ipswich have launched an immediate bid. lol

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, prowl said:

Transfers are like drugs. You get high for a bit then you want another one.

Gimme some. 

53 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Why don't you buy some tractors if you are on 700,000 euros a year

Midfield is looking well short on bodies, Lee, Wallace, Bannan, Jones, Abdi and Reach. That's it if you count Hutch as a defender and Matias as a forward.

Have 8 forwards if you count Matias in there. All looks a bit lop sided. Hope we can sort this out in the next few weeks

Preston North End have announced the signing of Manchester United midfielder Josh Harrop when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Despite it officially being described as a free transfer, The Red Devils will be entitled to a compensation fee due to bringing Harrop through the youth ranks. This type of deal is only allowed to happen when the player in question is under the age of 24 which in this case he is. A fee has been agreed by both parties involved.

The 21 year old joins Preston on a four year deal which offers both him and the club some security on his whereabouts. This could be described as a good coup for the Championship side who turned down a new deal at the Premier League giants in favour of first team football.

Fulham have had a bid rejected by Portuguese club Braga for former Arsenal and Crystal Palace striker Rui Fonte, according to reports.

According to Portugal based newspaper O Jogo, Braga have rejected several approaches for the player, and Fulham were the latest to make an attempt.

22 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Preston North End have announced the signing of Manchester United midfielder Josh Harrop when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Despite it officially being described as a free transfer, The Red Devils will be entitled to a compensation fee due to bringing Harrop through the youth ranks. This type of deal is only allowed to happen when the player in question is under the age of 24 which in this case he is. A fee has been agreed by both parties involved.

The 21 year old joins Preston on a four year deal which offers both him and the club some security on his whereabouts. This could be described as a good coup for the Championship side who turned down a new deal at the Premier League giants in favour of first team football.

Scored in his only app for the first team (last game of last season)