Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest Arnold
4 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

DC isn't in the county. He's enjoying some time with his family and tending to other business interests. 

Unfortunately for SWFC this means EVERYTHING stops. Next to no decisions are made without the main man here. No kit release, signings or even replacement tea bags. 

He's in Thailand with with his wife. My mate who's teaching in the far east met him in Hanoi airport on Monday. 

Guest Arnold
4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Er so he's not in Thailand then?

Err yes as he was on his way to Thailand?? 

Guest Arnold
9 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Er so he's not in Thailand then?

He had been to Hoi An in Vietnam then flew from Hanoi airport to Thailand as he was going to Krabi. 

Edited by Arnold

Leeds United are set to complete the signing of Mateusz Klich from FC Twente.

New manager Thomas Christiansen looks like he is about to make his first signing since taking charge of the Whites, with the Yorkshire Evening Post reporting Klich is currently undergoing a medical.

The Polish international, capped 10 times by his country, looks like he will leave Twente and join Leeds.

Klich, a creative midfielder, is likely to command a fee of £1.5 million.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Mooy is a very late developer. I know a few St Mirren fans, he had a spell there and they can't believe how well he's turned out, they thought he was bang average.

I've seen him once for St Mirren. They played him at left-back that game, he still did really well and scored great goal.

Hmmm. Would anyone want to see us try to get Kenny McLean from Aberdeen ? Good player, and shouldn't be too expensive.

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Josh Scowen has left Barnsley and will sign for another Championship club, Tykes boss Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed.

Aston Villa have been linked with the defensive midfielder, who is available on a free transfer.

Steve Bruce has already raided Barnsley twice since taking over at Villa Park with the captures of Conor Hourihane and James Bree.

And now Tykes head coach Heckingbottom - has revealed that Scowen will move on this summer.

In an interview with BBC Radio Sheffield the Tykes' boss was asked if he knew where the 24-year-old was headed.

"Possibly yeah," confirmed Heckingbottom, laughing at the same time.

Barnsley are nailed on to get relegated this season, since January ALL the best players have either left or are trying to leave.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Barnsley are nailed on to get relegated this season, since January ALL the best players have either left or are trying to leave.

Be interesting to see there recruitment, i like heckingbottom as a manager and wouldn't be shocked if he rebuilt that side again 

51 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Be interesting to see there recruitment, i like heckingbottom as a manager and wouldn't be shocked if he rebuilt that side again 

The thing is you can only unearth so many lower league "gems" before a clubs lack of finances and ambition comes back to haunt you.

Edited by TrickyTrev

1 hour ago, malek said:

I've seen him once for St Mirren. They played him at left-back that game, he still did really well and scored great goal.

Hmmm. Would anyone want to see us try to get Kenny McLean from Aberdeen ? Good player, and shouldn't be too expensive.

He sounds decent but unsure about most SPL players to be honest. But what do you think about Jamie Walker?

55 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

He sounds decent but unsure about most SPL players to be honest. But what do you think about Jamie Walker?

Didn't see that much of him to be fair. From what I've seen seemed like a decent player, but didn't impress me that much.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Is Marc Roberts still there? Now, that's the type of defender we should go for or Daniel Ayala or someone younger like Tomas Kalas.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The thing is you can only unearth so many lower league "gems" before a clubs lack of finances and ambition comes back to haunt you.

Dont let tuftyball hearing you say that. They are going to wee wee this league with hidden gems don't you know. He is the only one with the foresight to see these players for what they are. After all you don't relegated out of the football league without being something very special

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Gary Monk's first player he's made available for transfer is Stewart Downing. 

Probably not what we need at 32 YO...but I'm sure he'll do well wherever he goes. Good pro, great delivery. 

Not what we need. If we get an experienced winger in then that should be George Boyd because he's still got a lot of energy for a experienced player.