Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Mooy is a very late developer. I know a few St Mirren fans, he had a loan spell there and they can't believe how well he's turned out, they thought he was bang average.

Oh I know, I just thought it was an interesting fact, I've learned long ago you don't annoy the cult of Megson lol

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Cyrus Christie is excellent btw. Him and Jack Hunt competing for the starting right back spot could really push them to be their best. If we're going to take a player from Derby I'd much rather it be him than Keogh, there should be better options out there for centre half.

He would fit our style of play perfectly.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Cyrus Christie is excellent btw. Him and Jack Hunt competing for the starting right back spot could really push them to be their best. If we're going to take a player from Derby I'd much rather it be him than Keogh, there should be better options out there for centre half.

This ^

Cyrus Christie would be a good signing another alternative could be Amari'i Bell at Fleetwood Town, a similar type of full back/wing back.

Keogh isn't what we need at centre back, too slow, sloppy and error prone. We'd be much better off signing Ayala.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Same!

Annoys me so much how we aren't in for exciting young players like Christie.

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

13:10

DOWNING TO LEAVE BORO

Sky sources understand Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downinghas been informed he will not be part of Garry Monk’s plans next season.

The 32-year-old has made 249 appearances for Boro over two spells at the club.

We have a habit of spending big money on surplus Boro players.

14 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

We have a habit of spending big money on surplus Boro players.

Wait, apart from reach who have we signed from boro, let alone for big money?

edit, Im asleep, should have remembered Rhodes when Guru popped up :manager:

Edited by marcx666

Borough fans can't wait to see the back of Downing.

Comments range from Helelujah to Yes Please. Claims he is toxic in the dressing-room too. 

Plus, we have our second most expensive signing in Reach at LW, and lord knows If and where FF will be playing next season.

3 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

DC isn't in the county. He's enjoying some time with his family and tending to other business interests. 

Unfortunately for SWFC this means EVERYTHING stops. Next to no decisions are made without the main man here. No kit release, signings or even replacement tea bags. 

Just because he's not in the country doesn't mean everything stops.

5 minutes ago, darklord said:

Boro mate reckons we have put in a £6m bid for Downing

Guardian

Middlesbrough have told former Solution To England’s Left-sided Problem Stewart Downing he can leave on a free transfer.

I doubt we'd bid £6m for a freebie

Birmingham City have made an enquiry for Barnsley defender Marc Roberts.

The Birmingham Mail understands Blues boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bring the 26-year-old to St Andrew’s.

Roberts was once again linked with Blues last weekend, having been the subject of speculation all summer.

And an enquiry has been made.

Josh Scowen has left Barnsley and will sign for another Championship club, Tykes boss Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed.

Aston Villa have been linked with the defensive midfielder, who is available on a free transfer.

Steve Bruce has already raided Barnsley twice since taking over at Villa Park with the captures of Conor Hourihane and James Bree.

And now Tykes head coach Heckingbottom - has revealed that Scowen will move on this summer.

In an interview with BBC Radio Sheffield the Tykes' boss was asked if he knew where the 24-year-old was headed.

"Possibly yeah," confirmed Heckingbottom, laughing at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Josh Scowen has left Barnsley and will sign for another Championship club, Tykes boss Paul Heckingbottom has confirmed.

Aston Villa have been linked with the defensive midfielder, who is available on a free transfer.

Steve Bruce has already raided Barnsley twice since taking over at Villa Park with the captures of Conor Hourihane and James Bree.

And now Tykes head coach Heckingbottom - has revealed that Scowen will move on this summer.

In an interview with BBC Radio Sheffield the Tykes' boss was asked if he knew where the 24-year-old was headed.

"Possibly yeah," confirmed Heckingbottom, laughing at the same time.

Well if he laughed Scowen is going to either Villa, Sunderland, or the blunts given they are the 3 comedy clubs at the moment