Jump to content

Chris Wilder


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Makes me laugh this though, if Wilder was willing I'd have him here now, fans saying pig this and that are just being stupid.

 

It would be interesting if he was offered it to see if he would but imo  he would refuse on the grounds that the club doesn't fit his criteria not because its Wednesday.

 

The only problem with having an ex Sheffield United man is if things start to go wrong.


 

Not if Mark. With us it’s when

 

 

image.gif.b90a56dc0e8a1c10de0d46c7dd88335a.gif

Edited by Devonstrix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

The only problem with having an ex Sheffield United man is if things start to go wrong.

But it would it's absolutely nailed on.

Why would you think a piggie reject would be able to do anything better?

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying Wilder isn’t a blade, but he was born and raised in Stocksbridge until he moved to Silverdale school to play football, Not many united fans in Stocksbridge in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s are his parent’s Wednesday fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

But it would it's absolutely nailed on.

Why would you think a piggie reject would be able to do anything better?

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

 

I think Wilder would do better than Moore, to be honest.

 

Whether he could replicate what he did at the Lane, though, I agree is another matter.

 

The problem is that there is still a sizeable part of our fanbase who still haven't accepted what modern football is about, namely that the only loyal entity at a club is the fanbase and that managers are professionals.

 

It cost us Warnock, which is as big a mistake as has been made by anyone in recent years IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, tuzy100 said:

Not saying Wilder isn’t a blade, but he was born and raised in Stocksbridge until he moved to Silverdale school to play football, Not many united fans in Stocksbridge in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s are his parent’s Wednesday fans?

His Dad was a Liverpool fan.

Chris played for Arbourthorne EA and often turned up for training in a Liverpool shirt. He spent more time as a kid watching both scouse teams than he did watching dem blunts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

But it would it's absolutely nailed on.

Why would you think a piggie reject would be able to do anything better?

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

You might be right but who knows, he could come here and be an instant success, I'd rather take a punt with him then listen to anymore of Moores boring clichés.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

 

I think Wilder would do better than Moore, to be honest.

 

Whether he could replicate what he did at the Lane, though, I agree is another matter.

 

The problem is that there is still a sizeable part of our fanbase who still haven't accepted what modern football is about, namely that the only loyal entity at a club is the fanbase and that managers are professionals.

 

It cost us Warnock, which is as big a mistake as has been made by anyone in recent years IMO.

Wilder's obviously a good manager but I'd like to see him get Dunkley and Iorfa overlapping..:tango:lol

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

But it would it's absolutely nailed on.

Why would you think a piggie reject would be able to do anything better?

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

To be fair Wilder won promotion from the Conference with Oxford, from League Two as champions with Northampton, from League One with them that shall not be mentioned as champions in 2017, and from the Championship. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...