Chris Wilder

54 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Makes me laugh this though, if Wilder was willing I'd have him here now, fans saying pig this and that are just being stupid.

It would be interesting if he was offered it to see if he would but imo  he would refuse on the grounds that the club doesn't fit his criteria not because its Wednesday.

The only problem with having an ex Sheffield United man is if things start to go wrong.

Not if Mark. With us it’s when

image.gif.b90a56dc0e8a1c10de0d46c7dd88335a.gif

Edited by Devonstrix

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

The only problem with having an ex Sheffield United man is if things start to go wrong.

But it would it's absolutely nailed on.

Why would you think a piggie reject would be able to do anything better?

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

Not saying Wilder isn’t a blade, but he was born and raised in Stocksbridge until he moved to Silverdale school to play football, Not many united fans in Stocksbridge in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s are his parent’s Wednesday fans?

37 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He got lucky, right place right time...it happens a lot. Very rarely can they replicate their genius at other clubs.

Once it goes apeshyte back on the manager roundabout...like Houghton...cowley rowett etc etc

I think Wilder would do better than Moore, to be honest.

Whether he could replicate what he did at the Lane, though, I agree is another matter.

The problem is that there is still a sizeable part of our fanbase who still haven't accepted what modern football is about, namely that the only loyal entity at a club is the fanbase and that managers are professionals.

It cost us Warnock, which is as big a mistake as has been made by anyone in recent years IMO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tuzy100 said:

Not saying Wilder isn’t a blade, but he was born and raised in Stocksbridge until he moved to Silverdale school to play football, Not many united fans in Stocksbridge in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s are his parent’s Wednesday fans?

His Dad was a Liverpool fan.

Chris played for Arbourthorne EA and often turned up for training in a Liverpool shirt. He spent more time as a kid watching both scouse teams than he did watching dem blunts.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

You might be right but who knows, he could come here and be an instant success, I'd rather take a punt with him then listen to anymore of Moores boring clichés.

47 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think Wilder would do better than Moore, to be honest.

Whether he could replicate what he did at the Lane, though, I agree is another matter.

The problem is that there is still a sizeable part of our fanbase who still haven't accepted what modern football is about, namely that the only loyal entity at a club is the fanbase and that managers are professionals.

It cost us Warnock, which is as big a mistake as has been made by anyone in recent years IMO.

Wilder's obviously a good manager but I'd like to see him get Dunkley and Iorfa overlapping..:tango:lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

To be fair Wilder won promotion from the Conference with Oxford, from League Two as champions with Northampton, from League One with them that shall not be mentioned as champions in 2017, and from the Championship.