Carlos.. stay or go ???

6 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Even though c25m has been spent and likely more to come, i dont think we'll ever go up under cc by aiming to scrappily grind out results and struggling to create with no proper wingers, flair, pace or width.

Due to his safe and cautious approach and a large budget we would probably be 3rd to 6th every time tho lol 

Play offs is a 1 in 4 tho, probably worse if you can't open up teams with pace, creativity or countering threat.

Tough call thats all about ambition, in my time i mainly saw the 90's side in the top flight and some exciting stuff, so what cc serves up is unlikely to ever be good enough regardless of budget

Those times are over times have changed, you won't see any team in the prem now playing like they use to in the 90s 

I will say go,are we where we are because of him or inspite of him,he's the first manager in 20yrs with money so can't Base him against anybody else,just would like someone else have a crack at it with the resorces we've got we may be surprised 

Keep, but explain that it's got to be more entertaining. I have faith in Carlos despite the odd mistakes he is learning imo. We were visibly less fit than Huddersfield and imo this was down to lots of players returning from injury not quite match sharp. Not an excuse but injuries have been bad this year. He also needs to incorporate Rhodes properly because he's just as good as Hooper when it's working for him. Stability for me, don't panic and learn from the massive disappointment of this year. The players will have fire in their bellies next year after this year's ending and I believe Carlos can be the one to get them to use it against other teams. They don't seem unhappy with Carlos and that's enough for me. 

4 hours ago, don'tCallMeOwlCallYo said:

Those times are over times have changed, you won't see any team in the prem now playing like they use to in the 90s 

Maybe not but my point is we're not an attacking and dangerous looking side despite all the money lavished.

I fancied us vs hudds but we were poor, hudds deserved to win and going by the fulham reading game they were both more positive and threatening too.

We probably play like england under hodgson with less pace and more central midfielders.

If the full backs dont cross it (which they rarely do), we dont get it in the box as we dont play 1 proper winger.

Reach can track back/run all day but cant cross/kick a ball very well, wallace tucks in/tries to help hunt etc but virtually plays right centre mid.

Neither are quick enough to stretch or counter teams or can score & assist enough for those positions imo.

Most people including cc have no idea if macmanaman n buckley are any good cos they never got match fit with 2 or so starts between umlol 

Even if we signed someone knockeart quality he'd probably be classed as a risky impact player who doesnt track back enough by cc.

No wonder rhodes' confidence is shot and he had a top record at this level.

Many fans thought rhodes would struggle with us, it was pretty obvious. 

The way we play isnt great for a wingers career and therefore a strikers career imo even if the defensive stats are good.

To go up both ends need to be up to it and that was the case when we last went up in 1991, though 30+ goals from a wonder striker who could make his own chances as well as chances for others helped a bit there lol 

Edited by Ash77

7 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Maybe not but my point is we're not an attacking and dangerous looking side despite all the money lavished.

I fancied us vs hudds but we were poor, hudds deserved to win and going by the fulham reading game they were both more positive and threatening too.

We probably play like england under hodgson with less pace and more central midfielders.

If the full backs dont cross it (which they rarely do), we dont get it in the box as we dont play 1 proper winger.

Reach can track back/run all day but cant cross/kick a ball very well, wallace tucks in/tries to help hunt etc but virtually plays right centre mid.

Neither are quick enough to stretch or counter teams or can score & assist enough for those positions imo.

Most people including cc have no idea if macmanaman n buckley are any good cos they never got match fit with 2 or so starts between umlol 

Even if we signed someone knockeart quality he'd probably be classed as a risky impact player who doesnt track back enough by cc.

No wonder rhodes' confidence is shot and he had a top record at this level.

Many fans thought rhodes would struggle with us, it was pretty obvious. 

The way we play isnt great for a wingers career and therefore a strikers career imo even if the defensive stats are good.

To go up both ends need to be up to it and that was the case when we last went up in 1991, though 30+ goals from a wonder striker who could make his own chances as well as chances for others helped a bit there lol 

I do agree with a lot of that but feel CC will switch it up again next season, two seasons two different styles. For me we seemed very out of shape against Huddersfield too many just coming back. Couple of key signings get Abdi, Hooper, FF, Lee all fit in pre season I think we will be a totally different beast this season coming. Said that so will the entire league, think this year the league will be  a lot harder than last. I do hope we go more attacking also, play with proper wing backs maybe also.