Carlos.. stay or go ???

3 minutes ago, Guvner said:

Whether he's staying or going, a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later. I know our season as only just finished, but its first up best dressed in the transfer market. If we are bringing in a new manager the sooner the better, it will be August before we know it and we've got to be settled and ready 

Think we will know by middle of next week.

I think the vibe I get is that he will go as he wants to work back in Portugal.

5 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I couldn't be more ambivalent about a manager if I tried. 

Carlos has done nothing glaringly bad for me that would stand out and say this guy must be replaced. His record is good but I would not go beyond that. Managers are measured by the resources that they have at hand and the way that they utilise them. I think Carlos has been incredibly backed by the Chairman and I do believe that he could have done better with what he had at his disposal.

My biggest gripe is investing so heavily in creative and attacking players then opting for a style that almost neutralised such players' ability.

I also feel that we might just live to regret the huge opportunity that just passed us by but I can accept that and move on if we hit the ground running next season and give automatic promotion a real go.

From where I sit, Carlos has done to warrant dismissal but equally I seen nothing that would make me feel that this guy must stay. I sit firmly on the fence. Go or stay, I can accept the situation and move on to next season.

my thoughts too

35 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we will know by middle of next week.

I think the vibe I get is that he will go as he wants to work back in Portugal.

But he did say on Wednesday just after our defeat that this wasn't the case. 

2 play offs in 2 seasons is no mean feat and the bloke now knows more about this league than many managers.

if he wants to stay he should be backed. Birmingham shows the grass isn't always greener 

I'm a fan of stability, having said that as a neutral watching the game on Wednesday night I was surprised how negative Carvalhal's tactics were, I could understand it for the away leg but not the home tie.

Looking at the bigger picture though, you have finished in the top six two years in a row and I think overall he's done a good job. I'd give him another year and if you regress then fine make a managerial change but at the moment I'd keep him and see if he can take you into the Premier League next season.

2 hours ago, Guvner said:

Whether he's staying or going, a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later. I know our season as only just finished, but its first up best dressed in the transfer market. If we are bringing in a new manager the sooner the better, it will be August before we know it and we've got to be settled and ready 

So true need to be ready for a title challenge 

2 hours ago, marshy said:

I think that Carlos sometimes sets out not to lose the game rather than using our undoubted quality and set out to win it.

I'm in the stay camp, but thats a point that can't be ignored.

The way we played when we had to against Brentford and Reading showed that to a certain extent, even though we lost, Wednesday were all over them for long periods, just wouldn't go in

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm in the stay camp, but thats a point that can't be ignored.

The way we played when we had to against Brentford and Reading showed that to a certain extent, even though we lost, Wednesday were all over them for long periods, just wouldn't go in

yep the reading keeper played a blinder, but we cant ignore the poor play off performances and it beats me how we came so far considering our performances this season, surely our approach has to improve.

Edited by debram
spelling

It's difficult because finishing fourth is a good achievement but looking at the season I don't know how we managed it. I don't think we have played well all season but we have good players but not a good team but our expectations are so high now after seasons of having no money. Having money does not buy you success but it certainly helps. We need some pace in the team so I THINK Carlos should!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Shezza said:

But he did say on Wednesday just after our defeat that this wasn't the case. 

It needs sorting one way or the other soon , so we can plan for next season. Because of the play offs we are already two weeks behind everyone else 

His names being mentioned with regards to a few jobs, Norwich being one. I can't see him going to another championship club. I think he could stay in England if he's offered a premier league job, Watford, Southampton?

According to HITC the Porto job may become available soon and I think this job would seriously tempt him?

I think deep down he'll give it one more go with us TBH. The 150th anniversary season could be a special one for us and I get the impression from reading tweets from players that even now there is a determination to finally crack it next season and let's be honest with the way we've progressed over the last 5 years or so, why should we not have a crack at winning the championship title :manager: