Carlos.. stay or go ???

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

While I would still, on balance, give him another season, your views pretty much match my own.

I suspect Carlos has reached his level. If he stays, I anticipate we will perform at about the same level next season, with top six a realistic proposition but lacking the guile to get through the play-offs.

No matter how I think about it he just reminds me of wenger, I think his first season was mostly down to what gray had put in place, the spine of the team, the clean sheets and defensive solidity,all Carlos needed to do was add a little more creativity and firepower (FF. & Hoops) ,to take us to the level above gray. The majority of signings, may not be down to Carlos himself but have been very poor signings and if so doesn't show a sound transfer policy, though I do think reach and fox will become key players over the next few seasons, especially if nurtured in the right direction. As I said earlier Carlos moved us forward from gray, now it's time for someone to take the reighn and elevate us further. I'm not against Carlos, just think we need someone to take the jigsaw he's created and finish it. 

5 hours ago, Gavs said:

Personally I like him but his subs sometimes baffle me ... can't forgive him for last night taking fletch off

But the lump came on in the end to save us all with his first goal for how long?

he should go, last night and Sunday shows he is more frightened to lose than to go out and try to win, his lack of this seasons signings in the team, his inability to drop one of Lee, Bannan or Hutch when they all fit, baffling substitutions and one up in a game we had to win at home

the last two games have summed up the whole season, except when we had a good run to qualify for the play offs when he didn't have to make a choice about Hutch playing because he was injured

I was hoping he would have walked today, but we live in hope

Edited by the third man

Zero trust in him now, think DC has seen enough of the play offs now and will want automatics.

Carlos just doesn't have that winning edge to have a ruthless campaign in the top 2.

Someone like Pardew is totally uninspiring in terms of personality but i'd trust him more to keep us top 2 all season.

Whilst they dislike us Brighton fans have a point that we can't keep saying we're on our way back for 5 years.

The grass isn't always greener. A new manager might take 2 or 3 seasons to get his team where he wants it to be. We have made progress in terms of points and position season upon season. Rome wasn't built in a day. Ferguson wasn't an instant success. Hughton didn't get Brighton promoted straight away, it took time to build the team.

Yes, the recruitment has been poor but I wouldn't be totally surprised if CC has less of a say in who comes in than you'd expect a manager to do.

24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

No matter how I think about it he just reminds me of wenger, I think his first season was mostly down to what gray had put in place, the spine of the team, the clean sheets and defensive solidity,all Carlos needed to do was add a little more creativity and firepower (FF. & Hoops) ,to take us to the level above gray. The majority of signings, may not be down to Carlos himself but have been very poor signings and if so doesn't show a sound transfer policy, though I do think reach and fox will become key players over the next few seasons, especially if nurtured in the right direction. As I said earlier Carlos moved us forward from gray, now it's time for someone to take the reighn and elevate us further. I'm not against Carlos, just think we need someone to take the jigsaw he's created and finish it. 

Joycean.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If he wants to persist with shoehorning Wallace Hutchinson Lee Bannan in the same side then for me he has to go. If he has ideas to freshen up the midfield department then i'm willing to give him another chance.

Good post.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If he wants to persist with shoehorning Wallace Hutchinson Lee Bannan in the same side then for me he has to go. If he has ideas to freshen up the midfield department then i'm willing to give him another chance.

He won't change the tactics, formations or drop his favourites.

He's far too stubborn.

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

For continuity.....stay!

BUT

He needs to adapt a little and sort out our identity and his in-game management. If he can't promise that to Chansiri.....go!

for continuity I get, but what about the best interests of the club?

Stay for me

It takes time to build a team good enough to go up...We have come close twice with Carvalhal, and folk can whitter all they want about recruitment and money spent, most bloody clubs are doing the same.

Its not so long ago the Owls fans were screaming for us to get Rhodes, we got him, but its "Cos he's not getting the service" that he's misfiring....

When we had Nuhiu an' Joao up front..It was f.ook all to do with the service..It was them!...not good enough...same bloody players around them.

Its all kneejerk, and in the last 2 seasons we have come close, so I think it rather immediate to want to tear the whole bloody thing down and get someone else in.

I understand the impatience to get to a land of milk and honey, where it will take I reckon about 10 matches for fans to be f.ooked off cos we aren't in the top 6, cos thats football these days.

I think Carlos will walk personally, and I for one will thank him for giving us the hope again, cos 2 days ago this site was awash with it...thats how bloody immediate all this sheeite is

All those folk posting after the match yesterday about how bloody wrong Carvalhal is ....?...Where the f.ook were you with yer sage advice on Monday?

Revelling in hindsight......Its p*ss easy

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Stay for me

It takes time to build a team good enough to go up...We have come close twice with Carvalhal, and folk can whitter all they want about recruitment and money spent, most bloody clubs are doing the same.

Its not so long ago the Owls fans were screaming for us to get Rhodes, we got him, but its "Cos he's not getting the service" that he's misfiring....

When we had Nuhiu an' Joao up front..It was f.ook all to do with the service..It was them!...not good enough...same bloody players around them.

Its all kneejerk, and in the last 2 seasons we have come close, so I think it rather immediate to want to tear the whole bloody thing down and get someone else in.

I understand the impatience to get to a land of milk and honey, where it will take I reckon about 10 matches for fans to be f.ooked off cos we aren't in the top 6, cos thats football these days.

I think Carlos will walk personally, and I for one will thank him for giving us the hope again, cos 2 days ago this site was awash with it...thats how bloody immediate all this sheeite is

All those folk posting after the match yesterday about how bloody wrong Carvalhal is ....?...Where the f.ook where you with yer sage advice on Monday?

Revelling in hindsight......Its p*ss easy

12 months on and the midfield hasn't been developed!

Guest Coyt

Really likeable guy and that's why, like many, I really wanted him to succeed here at the club. However I'm afraid for the budget and war chest he was provided by Mr Chansiri, Carlos has took us backwards, this negative, cautious approach play has been an eye sore all season and it was obvious we couldn't just relay on lady luck and defending for dear life to getting 3 points every game. His refusal to change tactics and formations, picking certain players purely on favouritism, it all adds up and once again failing promotion the second year running. It's time for a new manager with fresh ideas. Thanks for everything Carlos and I hope it works out for him whatever adventure he goes onto.

He's just said on look north 'happy wi what we are trying to do'..  

It's a process, unfortunately a slow one where fans get impatient and spend lots of money. 

Am sure DC knows this, that CC ain't a failure but that the jobs going good. DC wanted promotion in 2 years but it's not like we didn't get to playoffs. He deserves another crack if he wants one.