Having slept on it

Huddersfield

Reading

Fulham

Honestly I hope I'm wrong but are we going to be looking at that in 5 years time and wondering what better chance we could have had? I still feel sick to my stomach, feels like we've thrown away a massive opportunity.

59 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

NO Carlos leaving would not put a smile on my face, as I said in my original post I think he is a really classy genuine man who has played a big part in our recent progress but I feel he has taken us as far as he can.I could only see further progress with him at the helm with improvements in his coaching staff   

What's so special about how you feel or think? Is it a good basis to run a football club, doe's DC ask you each and every day how you are feeling then act accordingly?  

What happens if five fans each feel differently about any particular issue?  Do you have the deciding vote?

I don't think you have thought this through it's not the best business plan really, is it?

4 hours ago, ScrappyOwl said:

As much as I like Carlos the man I can't help but feel his tenure should be over.

He has had a budget and a squad that most championship managers could only dream of, but, has failed to mould a cohesive team with the ability to use pace,width,physicalityand 

skill in equal measure.

Many on this forum have been critical of Rhodes but can we honestly say that Carlos has played to his strengths,has he been given good service?Rhodes is a predatory 'fox in the box'

player, we should know this given the number of times he has scored against us in the past!Given the proper service he would have fired us into the premier league no doubt, instead he has been fed scraps for 4 months.Sadly him not wanting to take a penalty last night tells you everything about want has happened to him since his arrival.

I, for one, want our next manager to build a team around him, give him the service and then sit back and watch the net bulge.

Undoubtedly Carlos has suffered injury problems but for us to pin our hopes on having Hoops back in time for the play-offs was clutching at straws given his horrendous injury record.

Therefore where was plan B or C or D-well I'm afraid their wasn't, what we got was 3 centre midfielders shoehorned into the team, no width, no service to the front men and subsequently we were given the run around by a well organised athletic team but not a team of our quality.

Many comments have been made of our nervous crowd last night, well I suspect that the way we have played most of the season would explain that .I think if most of us were being honest we knew what was likely to happen.

In a nutshell, with the squad we have I really believe that any of Benitez,Houghton,Staam and Wagner would have got us promoted this season.

So for me it has to be goodbye to the lovely, charismatic Carlos-good luck my friend and thank you for all your efforts.  

Perfect really. I hate to see Carlos leave but I believe that it just has to happen now. He has been a fantastic manager and he got us all believing again. Thank you for everything Carlos.

think he should have been looking at how best to develop Winnall & Rhodes as a future partnership. Total lack of the right type of balls into them.

He's signed players who've never really kicked a ball for us. Buckley and Macca have been wasted. Emmanualson??????? Why is all I can say.

Think it is time for a change, as we need someone to get us playing on the front foot, high tempo football. We are not set up and don't have the players to play a defensive counter attack game. We lack real pace and that something extra that teams like that need.

So yeah thanks for the two years, the first season was a blast playing great football, this season has been dire on the pitch at times.

3 hours ago, DesWalker said:

We've gone from 13th to 6th then 4th under CC.

Bring a new man in and we start all over again.

The squad needs a bit of re-organisation and 2 or 3 key signings that's it.

He does however need to find a balance between his 2 seasons here though.  The attacking, free flowing football from his first season and the efficient, hard to beat style from this year.

Bring in the right guy and NO we don't start all over again we have the nucleus to be a side next season that can win automatic promotion but we need a manager that's a proven winner to attain it. Carlos was given a task of getting us promoted by the end of this season unfortunately he has failed and with millions spent. [more money than any other Wednesday manager in the history of the club] 

The new man will need to unload a good number of players with much strengthening done in all areas to improve the squad to make us good enough for the Premier League.

With the current squad we have and Carlos in charge next season how do you reckon we would have honestly fared next season in the Premier League?.  

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The ideal scenario is Carlos stays, find the right balance between season one and season two, and makes the necessary minor changes to the squad.

I'm not sure next season will be harder. The teams coming down have a big re-building job (and two are still up for sale) and may well all get new managers over the summer. None of them have the finance of Newcastle either! Villa, Norwich, Derby and Wolves should be fighting for promotion, but I don't think Huddersfield/Reading (whoever failed to go up) will have as good a season. Same goes for Leeds. We've also lost Brighton who are an excellent team. The teams coming up are probably of the quality of the teams going down, though we'll have the unpredictability of a Sheffield derby thrown in to the mix.

Assuming all goes as expected, I see the realistic challengers for the top 6 as follows;

Wednesday

Villa

Norwich

Derby

Wolves

Middlesbrough

Fulham

Unless I've missed something glaringly obvious I don't think that is any more difficult than this season.

So Hull and Sunderland's £47m parachute payments won't help them at all then?

4 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

So Hull and Sunderland's £47m parachute payments won't help them at all then?

If they spend it, yes.

But, both clubs are up for sale and neither committed to spending to stay in the Premier League because of this. That suggests they aren't going to invest next season either.

Also, Sunderland are £120m in debt and a mate who supports them expects the club to use relegation as an opportunity to start reducing the debt (selling their best assets, using the parachute money, and dumping the high earning wasters) so they become a more attractive proposition to buyers. Personally, I think they'll get a buyer in the summer, so think they'll end up in similar turmoil to that which Villa suffered this year.

4 hours ago, oasismark said:

almost wrote word for word to my mates,

totally agree

Love the man, but hes been given everything he wants. cant fault the squad, the fans, the chairman, the budget, who do we look at!

Build around rhodes and FF for me, bannan can feed him.

Dont know who to bring in but it needs fresh eyes.

BUT if he stays, 110% give him the backing, hope he learns and builds,

He hasn't had 'everything'. Pudil was his 3rd/4th choice in the summer and having wanted a seasoned CB we ended up having to re-sign Sasso, someone who'd just been released. 

Carlos has had a lot more than most, but also a lot less than some teams who've finished below him. 

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

What's so special about how you feel or think? Is it a good basis to run a football club, doe's DC ask you each and every day how you are feeling then act accordingly?  

What happens if five fans each feel differently about any particular issue?  Do you have the deciding vote?

I don't think you have thought this through it's not the best business plan really, is it?

About time you stopped being so rude and gave us your plan for the way forward or are you happy to have another season of disappointment?

26 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

About time you stopped being so rude and gave us your plan for the way forward or are you happy to have another season of disappointment?

It was a genuine question, it's a shame that your so sensitive I will try and be gentler with you feelings.

I gave you my plan for what it's worth in an earlier post. 

6 hours ago, DesWalker said:

He does however need to find a balance between his 2 seasons here though.  The attacking, free flowing football from his first season and the efficient, hard to beat style from this year.

Agreed but will mistakes be made again in the transfer market?

We need pace and width in that side. It was never addressed in the August or January transfer windows!

17 minutes ago, Holmes said:

It was a genuine question, it's a shame that your so sensitive I will try and be gentler with you feelings.

I gave you my plan for what it's worth in an earlier post. 

I'm not sensitive and not on here to fallout with anyone, I simply hold a differing view to yours but do not feel the need to be rude.

This forum is all about debate and opinions and when all said and done what we all want ultimately is the same-our beloved Owls back in the premier league and doing battle with the big boys and some positive press from the media who either dismiss us or ignore us.

I'm lucky I was at Wembley in 91 and 93 saw us play in Europe but sadly there  is a generation of fans who have not enjoyed such good times so I want a manager who can work with our wonderful chairman and deliver those kind memories again.

That's enough from me, enjoy the summer fellow owls,  recharge the batteries and lets go again in August .

2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

I'm not sensitive and not on here to fallout with anyone, I simply hold a differing view to yours but do not feel the need to be rude.

This forum is all about debate and opinions and when all said and done what we all want ultimately is the same-our beloved Owls back in the premier league and doing battle with the big boys and some positive press from the media who either dismiss us or ignore us.

I'm lucky I was at Wembley in 91 and 93 saw us play in Europe but sadly there  is a generation of fans who have not enjoyed such good times so I want a manager who can work with our wonderful chairman and deliver those kind memories again.

That's enough from me, enjoy the summer fellow owls,  recharge the batteries and lets go again in August .

I haven't been rude, mocking at worse.

I to was at Wembley, back in the 90's. I agree with people having opinions but just because they have them doesn't give them any credence.

My fear is that we will go into another spiral of sacking managers even before they have got their feet under the table, I don't consider two seasons is ample time to build a  decent squad.  For me, CC has proved that he has the ability to produce such a squad.

We can either take the Derby route and sack managers after the first set back or the Brighton route of being patient and building a squad, for me the answer a no brainer and we let CC go again.  As I have said before, I believe that CC will walk and that is because of the instant success demanded by the impatient fans (Talking about CC tenure).

My opinion has no more credence than anyone else's on here.

Going to go against the grain here and say I'd like Carlos to be given another year.

He has the second best win ratio of any Wednesday manager in history, that record is going to be pretty tough to be matched by almost anyone. Therefore, if we do lose him, I think it is more likely at this stage we'd go backwards rather than forwards.

Despite play off heartbreak, we've improved under Carlos, from 12th to 6th to 4th. With more experience under our belt and a few new additions, I don't see why we can't be in for a shout of top 2 next season.

The way I see it Brighton have stayed faithful to their manager and it has paid off. Derby have sacked at every turn and got nowhere. 

As long as we're continuing to progress, then promotion will be getting closer with every season. And, we will probably be more 'Premier League' ready with every season, and not drop straight back down. I hope he stays. UTO

8 hours ago, DesWalker said:

In an ideal world he stays and goes one better and gets automatic. But what scares me is his remarkable stubbornness. Reverting back to shoehorning FF and Hutch back into the side, when we were winning games without them starting. Granted we've lost Hooper but Winnall or Rhodes could do his job maybe not the same effectiveness but it would have followed the same plan. 

He seems stuck in his ways and a manager who doesn't learn from or admit his glaringly obvious mistakes is not one to put more faith in and hand more money to spend (bare in mind how much he's wasted already).