Having slept on it

1 minute ago, Davidioso said:

Three shots on target in three hours of football. What the f*ck is that all about, in such vital games

The firepower we have, and the service we provide them is just baffling.

Rhodes must be so frustrated!

Agree about how pathetic so few shots but Rhodes is one of the players past their best on whom we have invested too much faith. Fletcher is another one past his best despite that excellent header last night.

We hardly had a shot vs Hull in the final last season but we started with the same team except Fletcher for Hooper. and our method of so called attack was just as elusive to the eye. 

We have brought in far too many players whom CC would not pick regularly, as presumably he decided they were worse than what we had once he saw them on the training ground and only appeared rarely. Hence no teamwork. 

The only one he picked regularly was Reach and he does not shine in any one area and just joins in with the game looking fairly good but with little personal impact.

Winnall was bought when he was hot and he was better at scoring than the other big ticket guys but he only cost a small fee so cannot get a game now.

1 hour ago, ScrappyOwl said:

As much as I like Carlos the man I can't help but feel his tenure should be over.

He has had a budget and a squad that most championship managers could only dream of, but, has failed to mould a cohesive team with the ability to use pace,width,physicalityand 

skill in equal measure.

Many on this forum have been critical of Rhodes but can we honestly say that Carlos has played to his strengths,has he been given good service?Rhodes is a predatory 'fox in the box'

player, we should know this given the number of times he has scored against us in the past!Given the proper service he would have fired us into the premier league no doubt, instead he has been fed scraps for 4 months.Sadly him not wanting to take a penalty last night tells you everything about want has happened to him since his arrival.

I, for one, want our next manager to build a team around him, give him the service and then sit back and watch the net bulge.

Undoubtedly Carlos has suffered injury problems but for us to pin our hopes on having Hoops back in time for the play-offs was clutching at straws given his horrendous injury record.

Therefore where was plan B or C or D-well I'm afraid their wasn't, what we got was 3 centre midfielders shoehorned into the team, no width, no service to the front men and subsequently we were given the run around by a well organised athletic team but not a team of our quality.

Many comments have been made of our nervous crowd last night, well I suspect that the way we have played most of the season would explain that .I think if most of us were being honest we knew what was likely to happen.

In a nutshell, with the squad we have I really believe that any of Benitez,Houghton,Staam and Wagner would have got us promoted this season.

So for me it has to be goodbye to the lovely, charismatic Carlos-good luck my friend and thank you for all your efforts.  

Go back to sleep and try again... 

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

We've gone from 13th to 6th then 4th under CC.

Bring a new man in and we start all over again.

The squad needs a bit of re-organisation and 2 or 3 key signings that's it.

He does however need to find a balance between his 2 seasons here though.  The attacking, free flowing football from his first season and the efficient, hard to beat style from this year.

Play both styles next season and we wee wee the league by 25 points. :manager:

19 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Name one who is prepared to get us up in his first season or face the sack?

That's the demand now from you if you are a typical Wednesday fan.  

So tell me, were you impressed with our team shape and tactics last night and for most of the season?

For me, last season was great, I enjoyed watching us play but for the most it has been turgid this season yet Carlos has had a bigger and stronger squad at his disposal, so it begs the question why were we out played and out thought last night.

Should we not have won with the right team selection and tactics?

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

So tell me, were you impressed with our team shape and tactics last night and for most of the season?

For me, last season was great, I enjoyed watching us play but for the most it has been turgid this season yet Carlos has had a bigger and stronger squad at his disposal, so it begs the question why were we out played and out thought last night.

Should we not have won with the right team selection and tactics?

If you would answer my question.

Sometimes you get beaten by the better team on the night it happens. 

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

If you would answer my question.

Sometimes you get beaten by the better team on the night it happens. 

Until potential candidates are spoken to nobody knows who would accept the job-did you think Redknapp would go to Birmingham after what they did to Rowett?

I personally would like Jokanovic or Monk as Rowett is no longer available

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Until potential candidates are spoken to nobody knows who would accept the job-did you think Redknapp would go to Birmingham after what they did to Rowett?

I personally would like Jokanovic or Monk as Rowett is no longer available

You think they would come for one season?  They have to improve on CC's record remember.  

Just now, Holmes said:

You think they would come for one season?  They have to improve on CC's record remember.  

Yes I do, hasn't Redknapp signed for one year? 

Come to think of it i'm sure Redknapp could have got a tune out of our squad!!!

Just now, ScrappyOwl said:

So fellow owl what is your explanation for our lack of progress this season

Having midfielders who rarely score or get beyond our own strikers;

two main strikers who are slow, whose goalscoring is mainly in the past ( although they are quite good at linking up with other players) who like it on a plate , now joined by a third one just the same; 

while ignoring the younger one who looks to run about and make something happen.

But mainly it's an attacking  midfield without a general or playmaker capable of putting in a ball to a wide man free to run down the flanks or to a striker in space where a shot is on.

Rowett said on TV once that we played in front of the opposition defence and that remains true as our attackers are always looking to find someone else to score while they are all in a line across the field. Somebody needs to run into gaps or into space but only FF can do it.

Just now, Holmes said:

Whats Rednapp got to with it?  He's a manager of another club and if he's the best you can come up with, then I'd keep CC.

The fact that he has signed a contract for just one year.

As I said I would like Jokanovic or Monk.....they could be offered a rolling contract

The fact that he has signed a contract for just one year.

As I said I would like Jokanovic or Monk.....they could be offered a rolling contract

I would think youngish managers wouldn't a want a rolling contract at this stage in their career.

Seems to me your good at stamping your foot in a paddy when things don't go your way and totally clueless how to rectify the situation. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I would think youngish managers wouldn't a want a rolling contract at this stage in their career.

Seems to me your good at stamping your foot in a paddy when things don't go your way and totally clueless how to rectify the situation. 

No juvenile behaviour or insults here my fellow owl simply a concern that we did not progress this season and at crucial times Carlos did not appear to have the answers.

So if I am clueless you provide the wisdom and tell us all where we go from here

1 hour ago, DesWalker said:

We've gone from 13th to 6th then 4th under CC.

Bring a new man in and we start all over again.

The squad needs a bit of re-organisation and 2 or 3 key signings that's it.

He does however need to find a balance between his 2 seasons here though.  The attacking, free flowing football from his first season and the efficient, hard to beat style from this year.

Exactly right. 

No juvenile behaviour or insults here my fellow owl simply a concern that we did not progress this season and at crucial times Carlos did not appear to have the answers.

So if I am clueless you provide the wisdom and tell us all where we go from here

I'm not claiming to have the answer, I would think it would be sensible to keep CC as Brighton did with their manager and build the team, we have made great strides in only two seasons and we need further stability to keep progressing.  Since we were relegated from the Premier we have sacked managers on a regulars basis and never looked like returning to the Premier until CC arrived.

If you're concerned about the club you don't make knee jerk reactions.  

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if CC calls it a day for whatever reasons.  But it will at least put a smile on your face.

NO Carlos leaving would not put a smile on my face, as I said in my original post I think he is a really classy genuine man who has played a big part in our recent progress but I feel he has taken us as far as he can.I could only see further progress with him at the helm with improvements in his coaching staff   

With key players fit and firing CC's approach is spot on. Problem is when they're not it doesn't work going forward. Even when we were terrible we had an outlet player to run at people and get the crowd going. My preference would be for CC to stay but be a little less purist