Having slept on it

10 hours ago, Gingernuts said:

Holmes.  I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You talk sense in my opinion, and I very much respect your views.  I personally hate the "sack the Manager" culture and would love to have some long term stability at Sheffield 6.  What worries me is CC's track record.  Prior to joining us, he had been at 15 Clubs in 15 years, never been longer than 18 months at any of them, never achieved anything other than a short term boost in results, and then he endured a three year period on unemployment. Lovely bloke, but should we really entrust the next few years to someone with this background?  I really can't understand why we have spent so much money getting good forwards into the squad, and then play with such caution and negativity. We played 220 minutes of football against Huddersfield in the two legs, and managed to produce 13 attempts on goal - 3  on target. I could weep.    

I too am weeping, you make good points about his track record and to be honest I'm not in the frame of mind to research it, when you look at the majority of coaches and managers in the cold day of light then, I guess many of their track records won't stand up to close examination, who amongst us would? 

I know he's had some success and yes failures.  

But he has brought a level of success and probably to his personal detriment he's also brought high expectation, many fans seem to think that because we have spent millions then we have some sort of divine right to go up.  It simply doesn't work like that.

I to have been perplexed why he has been so negative but the league results and a higher position and points can only be considered as a progress of sorts, and you can understand why he took the same philosophy to the last two games when it's held him good stead over the season.

I honestly don't think there is a manager on our present radar who could offer two seasons of making the play offs or better.  And if at the end of the season he hasn't made the play offs he must be sacked as he hasn't delivered instant success as so many fans seem to be demanding.  

By no stretch of the imagination do I think I have the answer I'm just an amateur and you could well be right and that we should find another manager. I'm just not convinced that is the right route to take, It hasn't borne fruit for us in the past.  

Thanks for your comments I enjoy posting and enjoy playing devil's advocate and can be accused of sometimes taking it to seriously. 

Let's hope whatever route DC and CC decide to go down it will ultimately be the right one.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

I too am weeping, you make good points about his track record and to be honest I'm not in the frame of mind to research it, when you look at the majority of coaches and managers in the cold day of light then, I guess many of their track records won't stand up to close examination, who amongst us would? 

I know he's had some success and yes failures.  

But he has brought a level of success and probably to his personal detriment he's also brought high expectation, many fans seem to think that because we have spent millions then we have some sort of divine right to go up.  It simply doesn't work like that.

I to have been perplexed why he has been so negative but the league results and a higher position and points can only be considered as a progress of sorts, and you can understand why he took the same philosophy to the last two games when it's held him good stead over the season.

I honestly don't think there is a manager on our present radar who could offer two seasons of making the play offs or better.  And if at the end of the season he hasn't made the play offs he must be sacked as he hasn't delivered instant success as so many fans seem to be demanding.  

By no stretch of the imagination do I think I have the answer I'm just an amateur and you could well be right and that we should find another manager. I'm just not convinced that is the right route to take, It hasn't borne fruit for us in the past.  

Thanks for your comments I enjoy posting and enjoy playing devil's advocate and can be accused of sometimes taking it to seriously. 

Let's hope whatever route DC and CC decide to go down it will ultimately be the right one.

Beautifully put, as ever.  Cannot argue with any of it.  Hopefully the right decision will be made.