Staggering

Davey,

I'm not saying he's not an excellent goalie coach , indeed Kirkland says he's excellent.

But he's Carlos ' coach so you don't go on national radio and trash your colleague's son if all's sweetness and light. Don't help morale much.

And you don't publicly call out a £10 million striker if you wanted to buy him.

16 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

True.

Also worth noting that last summer, according to the Owlstalk majority, Fletcher, Abdi and Reach were brilliant additions to strengthen our squad. Add Rhodes to that too.

I know he has said differently, but I'm not convinced Carlos has final (any / much) say in recruitment.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Just checked, and we have signed 13 players (either loans or permanent) since last May, 12 if you ignore Pudil who was on loan. Probably around £25m in transfer fees. Dread to think what the wages are. 

Only Fletcher played, and it's doubtful he would have if Hooper was fit. 

Its not doubtful. Hooper would have started.

Signing that many players and playing none of them does seem a bit crazy. Potentially £16 million on the bench with Reach and Rhodes alone. Our biggest Achilles heel was having no other winger or attacking CM to come on. It didn't help us having to use a sub after 5 mins to be fair

Maybe Carlos lost control over transfers when the Portuguese lads such as Mattias, Joao, Melo and Sougou all flopped. 

Playing devils advocate, most people on here thought Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes, Reach et al were great signings at the time. I certainly did. 

Edited by vulva

Great signings don't make a good team always.  Look what Monk bought last Summer for little to get best from Woods. 

And they are not always bought by a manager  (or Head Coach as Carlos). Think Shevchencho at Chelsea for £36 million when over , etc etc. 

16 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Don't think the recruitment was that bad. A bit illjudged but not horrific. 

The main criticism is the utilisation of those recruited. Indefensible really. 

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Maybe Carlos lost control over transfers when the Portuguese lads such as Mattias, Joao, Melo and Sougou all flopped. 

Playing devils advocate, most people on here thought Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes, Reach et al were great signings at the time. I certainly did. 

So did I and I still think they will be with someone who knows how to treat them/what to do with them.

17 hours ago, vulva said:

We said that when the negative team was announced, and Fletcher wouldn't have played if Hooper was fit.

They also played the same way as they did Wembley as well

So one year on with apparently no improvement to the playing staff and no improvement in the way we play

Guest BULGARIA
16 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Abdi is, like Rhodes, something of a symbol of how maddeningly frustrating this season has been.

Promoted with Watford, their player of the season, played almost 30 matches in the Premiership for them. Comes here and does nowt. 

That we have produced such negative, tedious football for significant stretches of this season when we have attacking options including Forrestieri, Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall is actually laughable. 

The more I think about this stuff the more I make my mind up about Carlos. I'm desperately intrigued to see what another manager would do with some of the players at his disposal. 

And there we have it. End of discussion.

28 minutes ago, thatladfromchap said:

Carlos hasnt been buying most of the players and his reluctance to play them shows this. I think whoever has been buying them has a lot to answer for.

So you know Carlos hasn't been buying the players but you don't know who has...as Carlos' say's " Reyt" lol 

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

We said that when the negative team was announced, and Fletcher wouldn't have played if Hooper was fit.

They also played the same way as they did Wembley as well

So one year on with apparently no improvement to the playing staff and no improvement in the way we play

So finishing higher, winning more games, beating the champions home and away is not improving

32 minutes ago, thatladfromchap said:

Carlos hasnt been buying most of the players and his reluctance to play them shows this. I think whoever has been buying them has a lot to answer for.

So who, exactly, are we saying is buying the players?

If we're saying that it's essentially down to the owner and/or his advisors and Carlos isn't playing them then I think he'd have been on his bike long ago.

I'm not sure I get this 'CC doesn't buy players' claim. If the chairman is getting the players in surely that suggests he's an autocrat and would also insist on CC playing them? Genuinely don't get what has been happening with regards to recruitment at S6 during DC's tenure. But something aint right...

Edited by Almat

16 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

we need a ba$tard of a manager someone who won't take crap and demands the best

Carlos,laws,gray,sturrock all nice guys but achieved nothing

This 100% you could go further & further with the likes of Irvine, Wilson, Yorath, Shreeves, Pleat, Turner all nice guys but never had that edge to be winners

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So finishing higher, winning more games, beating the champions home and away is not improving

And not getting to the play off final is improving? so you would rather do all you say than get to Wembley with a chance of promotion?

do you see an improvement in the way we have played this year over last?

look at last night compared with the Brighton semi last season and tell me that was an improvement

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Didn't Blackburn beat them home and away?

What about the mighty Burton or Brentford, or our home bombardment of the mighty Rotherham?

What about the entertainment?

Do you think Mr C is as happy with the return on the cash he has splashed this season?

Imagine being a manager for an engineering company begging for new expensive machinery that will make them better than the rest ,

then six months later the M.D tours the firm and asks where the state of the art machinery is located, only to be told  "I cant get it to work so we don't use it"

"But on a brighter note we have turned over hundred quid more than last year"

M.D shoots himself,

I don't think Carlos should go, but his midfield selections are a bit baffling at times. Almost reminds me of Megson shoehorning  O'Connor on to the wing to accomadate Potter and Coke, the way he sticks Bannan out there so he can play Hutch and Lee. 

I think tough decisions have to be made over the Summer. If we're gonna play 442, then we have to play with 2 wingers!

17 hours ago, vulva said:

And the exact same line up that beat Huddersfield 2 nil in the fixture at Hillsborough barring Reach in for Lee