Staggering

5 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

before I sign out seen as I've never really spoken in this site until today and it is the staggering topic. For me to watch the game today I had to setup 4 - 12volt batteries aand as satilite dish to watch this game as I'm 2 hours from civilisation in Australia with the nearest country neighbour 10-15 miles away. But I'm not not jumping into the Coroong to drown myself. Mainly because it's so salty I'll float to the top but regardless  

Just look in a mirror pig and admit how sad your life is 

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Abdi is, like Rhodes, something of a symbol of how maddeningly frustrating this season has been.

Promoted with Watford, their player of the season, played almost 30 matches in the Premiership for them. Comes here and does nowt. 

That we have produced such negative, tedious football for significant stretches of this season when we have attacking options including Forrestieri, Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall is actually laughable. 

The more I think about this stuff the more I make my mind up about Carlos. I'm desperately intrigued to see what another manager would do with some of the players at his disposal. 

You do have to wonder don't you? With the players at his disposal, all of which HES SIGNED we go back to a very negative slow paced game. 

I do feel that it probably is time for a change, like I say you give our 4 main strikers an opportunity and they will take it. Signing 2 wingers who can put a cross into the box has to be a priority for me. 

We need a manager in who's willing to take a bit more of a risk, especially at home. Similar to Carlos in his first season. 

Remember his saying 'I'd rather win 5-4 than 1-0' or whatever it was.  What happened to that? 

I think we'll see a number of changes in the next couple of months I just don't know what 

39 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Abdi, Buckley, MacManaman fit and in the squad, things could have been different. That would have given us so many more options...

They weren't, and we're left in the championship. We go again next season with an incredibly strong squad, currently probably stronger than the ones coming down...

I have to agree, I can't see us or Hull having the financial resources to compete with you. 

Middlesbrough look the best placed side of the three coming down to really make a fist of fighting for promotion. I don't think we will even make the play offs.

It doesnt matter how many Abdis McManamans McGeedy Buckleys Carlos signs. He cant work out how to play them in his minimum risk percentage game so ultimately he doesn't.

Not playing FF wide left was also a negative tactic. 

It could have worked. Wish It had. It didn't.

Anyone want to watch another season of it?

12 minutes ago, Mackem_Muffdiver said:

I have to agree, I can't see us or Hull having the financial resources to compete with you. 

Middlesbrough look the best placed side of the three coming down to really make a fist of fighting for promotion. I don't think we will even make the play offs.

What are your views on Moyes?

Do you want him to go?

To be totally frank, should we have gone up this season, with CC still in charge, we would have contributed to the PL as much as Middlesborough did this season. Zilch. For some weird reason CC has tried to bore us all to promotion this season. It's OK if it works but pretty horrific to experience for no reward. 

Time for a change. Someone with a less worrysome managerial record, a manager who genuinely has no favourite players to shoehorn into the team and is a proper disciplinarian/motivator with balls of steel (i.e someone who doesn't get all hurt when criticised on Twitter) would be a start. 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

If thats not bad enough we had close on 20m pounds worth of talent sat on the bench. I don't think the entire Huddersfield team cost that much.

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If thats not bad enough we had close on 20m pounds worth of talent sat on the bench. I don't think the entire Huddersfield team cost that much.

So we replace Fletch our goalscorer with Rhodes in the starting line up thats a 10m swap is it ( its not but ill play with your logic ) 

Adam Reach ( who came on after about 5 mins anyway replaces Wallace in the starting line up so thats 15m would that have pleased you ?

Did it escape you or did you not notice that both those payers the bulk of your £20m played a large proportion of the game or are you just another armchair genius who knows better than a Manager who has given us our 2 best finishes in a generation 

The stupidity shown on this forum after losing to a very good side is breathtaking at times 

5 hours ago, Almat said:

To be totally frank, should we have gone up this season, with CC still in charge, we would have contributed to the PL as much as Middlesborough did this season. Zilch. For some weird reason CC has tried to bore us all to promotion this season. It's OK if it works but pretty horrific to experience for no reward. 

Time for a change. Someone with a less worrysome managerial record, a manager who genuinely has no favourite players to shoehorn into the team and is a proper disciplinarian/motivator with balls of steel (i.e someone who doesn't get all hurt when criticised on Twitter) would be a start. 

Is CCs Managerial record with Wednesday worriesome  ?

6th place 1st season 4th place 2nd season ?

Id say thats a pretty good record 

7 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

Only midfielder on tbe bench was jones, a defensive one. 3 strikers..... where was buckley or mcmanaman or even emanuelson who played quite well against fulham. The sooner we sort our squad out the better. As soon as wallace was injured and brought reach on our options were limited.

Just now, billyblack said:

Only midfielder on tbe bench was jones, a defensive one. 3 strikers..... where was buckley or mcmanaman or even emanuelson who played quite well against fulham. The sooner we sort our squad out the better. As soon as wallace was injured and brought reach on our options were limited.

When Wallace was injured we should have pushed FF wide, and brought on Winnall or Rhodes up top. 

We we set up last night, and Sunday, to lose. Huddersfield went to win both games. I'm afraid football has won. 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Is CCs Managerial record with Wednesday worriesome  ?

6th place 1st season 4th place 2nd season ?

Id say thats a pretty good record 

Play off final defeat first season = over-achievement

Play Off Semi Final defeat 2nd season after further 20 millon spondoolics spent = under-achievement. Worriesome. 

I'm not looking for 'pretty good'. I'm looking for 'very good' at the very least. So should every fan. And so should DC.

Just now, vulva said:

When Wallace was injured we should have pushed FF wide, and brought on Winnall or Rhodes up top. 

We we set up last night, and Sunday, to lose. Huddersfield went to win both games. I'm afraid football has won. 

I think everyone in the ground would have done that. And I think we would have won if he'd have done that as well. That's depressing.