Staggering

1 minute ago, vulva said:

That. As good as Carlos has been, it's time for a new voice. I actually don't think DC will have a decision to make. Carlos will walk in my opinion. 

I hope so.

He doesn't deserve the sack. He's a good manager but not got that ability to see us over the line. Hopefully he walks and we can thank him and move on.

He never learns from past mistakes unfortunately. His recruitment was horrendous.

3 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Abdi, Buckley, MacManaman fit and in the squad, things could have been different. That would have given us so many more options...

They weren't, and we're left in the championship. We go again next season with an incredibly strong squad, currently probably stronger than the ones coming down...

They hardly played when they were fit. 

Sadly this team lacks the mental whatever it is to get over the line. 

I think we may need a rethink. 

That's not just the manager (who I have a tonne of respect for), but some of the players. 

Very concerned about a malaise hanging over this current squad after two successive play off defeats. 

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

And Reach tbf. Played virtually the entire game.

It is quite staggering.

If I've got one major criticism of Carlos, it's his recruitment. 

Not that I see any problems with the players he has signed, it's the ones he hasn't. Or rather, the type of players he doesn't seem to think we need.

We've just played Huddersfield and Fulham and it's really hit home how much we lack pacy, dynamic, exciting players. 

Everyones talking about Carlos negative tactics and slow tempo....the truth is, we just don't have the players to do it. He likes intelligent players, but they're all plodders.

On top of that, he doesn't seem to think we need physical presence in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

These two games - but especially tonight - for me was like a microscope being placed on question marks which have existed all season.

Why did almost ALL our recruitment fail in the summer? Why are we still playing square pegs in round holes to fit individuals in? Why have our tactics been so frequently negative? Why have the strikers looked so isolated with no service? Why are we so slow and ponderous in possession? Where do we get the best out of Forrestieri? Why do we appear stuck to 4-4-2? Where has the spark gone? 

Some of these have been question marks which have remained since before a ball was kicked, right through to IMO costing us tonight and over a 2 leg tie, via various periods of immense frustration throughout the season. You can pick apart NUMEROUS issues from the 2 legs, but especially tonight's game, and find legitimate questions - not moans or being negative - that people have been asking since AUGUST. And it's all come to a head in May. 

My suspicion is that Carlos will now go. My personal hope is that he does - based more on that I think we need a psychological change and injection of fresh ideas more than as a reflection of his job. What's certain is that if he stays, ALL of those questions NEED answering between tomorrow morning and early August. We absolutely cannot "build" on this season in the way we've "built" on the last. 

When you've got a striker - who potentially cost 10 million - who doesn't want to take a penalty - then you've got to be wondering what on earth is going on. 

Such a shame as I would love CC to succeed, but I just can't see it. 

I'd say the same for some of these players too. 

20 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

So many weak links..Hate to say it but Bannan has lost it..

Bannan was easily our best player tonight. Showed more leadership than anyone in the way he performed and vocally. He was right up for it from start to finish, including penalties. 

There's no pace.. 

Literally zero, zilch. 

Tonight was crying out for someone to come on with a bit of pace, someone who can take a man on, beat a full back. 

Instead we got the same old tried and tested, side to side, side to side, hoof nonsense. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

There's no pace.. 

Literally zero, zilch. 

Tonight was crying out for someone to come on with a bit of pace, someone who can take a man on, beat a full back. 

Instead we got the same old tried and tested, side to side, side to side, hoof nonsense. 

Extra time was crying out for Callum McManaman.

He better have been injured or his loan up. If it was a decision to not include him in the squad CC should go right now.

Guest hazza88
28 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

So many weak links..Hate to say it but Bannan has lost it..

Bannan was the only bugger who played well when he switched back inside we created things!

I think our players are playing with the shackles on amd they need to come off!

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There's no pace.. 

Literally zero, zilch. 

It was quite scary the pace of the Huddersfield team tonight. 

From the full backs to the wingers all of them were comfortable at running at us. 

Hunt and Pudil couldn't handle it whatsoever

17 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

These two games - but especially tonight - for me was like a microscope being placed on question marks which have existed all season.

Why did almost ALL our recruitment fail in the summer? Why are we still playing square pegs in round holes to fit individuals in? Why have our tactics been so frequently negative? Why have the strikers looked so isolated with no service? Why are we so slow and ponderous in possession? Where do we get the best out of Forrestieri? Why do we appear stuck to 4-4-2? Where has the spark gone? 

Some of these have been question marks which have remained since before a ball was kicked, right through to IMO costing us tonight and over a 2 leg tie, via various periods of immense frustration throughout the season. You can pick apart NUMEROUS issues from the 2 legs, but especially tonight's game, and find legitimate questions - not moans or being negative - that people have been asking since AUGUST. And it's all come to a head in May. 

My suspicion is that Carlos will now go. My personal hope is that he does - based more on that I think we need a psychological change and injection of fresh ideas more than as a reflection of his job. What's certain is that if he stays, ALL of those questions NEED answering between tomorrow morning and early August. We absolutely cannot "build" on this season in the way we've "built" on the last. 

It's a good post. 

Looking over the games at home, other than Norwich and Newcastle I can't think of a game where we have played exceptionally well. Ok we've come away with a win but the football the majority of the time has been very negative. 

You do have to wonder why as well, we went and signed Abdi who is an attack minded player, Rhodes and Winnall bother strikers. 

Why spend so much money and revert back to last seasons squad so often?

29 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Abdi, Buckley, MacManaman fit and in the squad, things could have been different. That would have given us so many more options...

They weren't, and we're left in the championship. We go again next season with an incredibly strong squad, currently probably stronger than the ones coming down...

Carlos's best results have come when he has had a threadbare first XI.

The more players he has, the more he dithers.

before I sign out seen as I've never really spoken in this site until today and it is the staggering topic. For me to watch the game today I had to setup 4 - 12volt batteries aand as satilite dish to watch this game as I'm 2 hours from civilisation in Australia with the nearest country neighbour 10-15 miles away. But I'm not not jumping into the Coroong to drown myself. Mainly because it's so salty I'll float to the top but regardless  

1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

It's a good post. 

Looking over the games at home, other than Norwich and Newcastle I can't think of a game where we have played exceptionally well. Ok we've come away with a win but the football the majority of the time has been very negative. 

You do have to wonder why as well, we went and signed Abdi who is an attack minded player, Rhodes and Winnall bother strikers. 

Why spend so much money and revert back to last seasons squad so often?

Abdi is, like Rhodes, something of a symbol of how maddeningly frustrating this season has been.

Promoted with Watford, their player of the season, played almost 30 matches in the Premiership for them. Comes here and does nowt. 

That we have produced such negative, tedious football for significant stretches of this season when we have attacking options including Forrestieri, Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall is actually laughable. 

The more I think about this stuff the more I make my mind up about Carlos. I'm desperately intrigued to see what another manager would do with some of the players at his disposal.