Rhodes "didn't want to take a penalty"

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We lost, live with it, best side won.

Rhodes is  the best asset we have.

Oh do one.

what has Rhodes done since he's been here.

1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Why I will always unconditionally admire Hutchinson.

Score/miss/kick it through my car window it doesn't matter, in the pre peno huddle he was screaming at the lads, knew he was up for taking one and was so proud to be out there. Give me 11 players like that any day of the week, love that passion,

Absolutely bang on my friend 

Despite Hutch's passion, Carlos should have been big enough to tell him the better strikers of the ball were taking a penalty first. I think Nuhiu would have done better than that limp effort. The way Hutch struck in, keeper dives the right way, he saves it. We never looked like getting back in it after that.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

Despite Hutch's passion, Carlos should have been big enough to tell him the better strikers of the ball were taking a penalty first. I think Nuhiu would have done better than that limp effort. The way Hutch struck in, keeper dives the right way, he saves it. We never looked like getting back in it after that.

Any striker whose not taking a pen in a penalty shootout can get lost and never play for us upfront again.

26 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Won't start a new thread on Rhodes. I've been his biggest critic since game 1. I stand by my comments after game 1 he's useless. Slow, weak and past it. Not taking a pen as a 10m striker is unforgivable and follows his pathetic performances from

day 1.

And yet in his 25 minutes he was far more of a goal-threat than Nando.

So, we have to slag a player off, just because he is going to cost a lot of money, for not wanting to take a palanty against a former club.

He came on as a sub, then his first 3 (i think) contributions made the keeper save two, and created one for someone else.

Well Pisssed of tonight, but Jordan Rhodes is well down the pecking order.

In open play he plays on instinct, penalties are a different kettle of fish.

Funny how most of the posters, have not many posts to their name.

The only disappointing thing about this is CC hanging him out to dry, do we really think JR would point blank refuse to take a penalty? he obviously didn't fancy himself and theres nothing wrong with that, MAL sums it up in the post above

Edited by s6 owl

Guest RocketOwl
25 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

And yet in his 25 minutes he was far more of a goal-threat than Nando.

Hahahahaha.

Mate you have become my number 1 clueless fan on here. Last reply you're ever get from me.

Edited by RocketOwl

Seemed odd to have Hutchinson,Bannan,Hunt among the takers up first, although some sides do it incase you are tied late in it then you bring in your main takers whilst the opposites have their weakest.Think it was Ronaldo who got left til 5th once to finish it off and lost before he even got to take his.

Guest RocketOwl

Can someome update me on his scoring record please?

And what will his deluded supporters trapped in a time warp say now his crazy stat isn't true.

Also would anyone defend a 10m striker not wanting to take a shot from 12 yards out?

fair play Hunt a defender has more bottle.

30 minutes ago, MAL said:

So, we have to slag a player off, just because he is going to cost a lot of money, for not wanting to take a palanty against a former club.

He came on as a sub, then his first 3 (i think) contributions made the keeper save two, and created one for someone else.

Well Pisssed of tonight, but Jordan Rhodes is well down the pecking order.

In open play he plays on instinct, penalties are a different kettle of fish.

Funny how most of the posters, have not many posts to their name.

Sorry I didn't know we had to have more than 7000 posts before we can have an option 

For a 10 million pound striker to say he is not confident kicking a ball towards a net is unbelievable really however you might dress it up. 

There's a lack of ruthlessness amongst our squad that will only hold us back - we've all seen the fire and winning attitude and loved it in Sam Hutchinson but maybe his attitude needs to the rule not the exception. 

2 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

Sorry I didn't know we had to have more than 7000 posts before we can have an option 

I don't know whether i have 7,000 posts or not, and that is why you said it, but that does not matter.

There are a lot of newish posters just slagging (i am doing this tonight in some respect, but not just for a personal reason) for the sake of slagging.

Doesn't look like it is warranted to me, just trying to upset the good things we have, rather than being for the good of the team.

If you think FF is not better for the team, explain it better please.

3 hours ago, Skiptonowl said:

FF wanted to be the cult hero. What about big Dave who has tken penalties before. Don't see what Rhodes offers. No pace. 

Met Neil Lennon tonight. He was watching the Wednesday game in a pub in Edinburgh. Really wanted us to win and was cheering us on but rates Rhodes as a bobbar/overrated footballer. Thinks he can finish but can't run to save his life. Loves Hooper though.