Rhodes "didn't want to take a penalty"

I read a lot of comments but this is my first reply . I feel Rhodes not wanting to take a penalty is awful. He is or should be our main goal threat . He should hang his head in shame . Carlos will regret saying that on the radio 

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Record signing isnt he? Striker isnt he? Shows a lack of character of you ask me. Recors signing and no character. No thanks. He can go.

Imagine if he'd stepped up then missed and then Carlos came out saying he didn't want it, i'm sure you'd question why he did step up for it then? You can't blame him for the fact we haven't won - it's a lottery and we just didn't have the luck. 

5 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I think this is more deflection in the heat of the moment rather than anything else.

If the lad did not feel confident taking a penalty then it's the right decision for him not to step up and take one, as the manager having that information 1st hand you'd never force the issue.

5 players wanted the task and did so - fair play to them for that, doesn't mean Rhodes is any less of player for speaking his mind.

To be fair the interviewer brought it up and Carvalhal said he wasn't confident enough to take one.

He also said we win and lose as a team, didn't want to blame any player, said it's a lottery.

Listen at yer ' if he wasn't confident in taking one then he did right to say no ,makes no difference whatsoever ,if he had volunteered and missed you would have slaughtered him on here just like some are trying to do now ,,if we had been up for the game and done the job in the alloted time then no penalties to moan about is there

3 minutes ago, WAWAW1867 said:

Imagine if he'd stepped up then missed and then Carlos came out saying he didn't want it, i'm sure you'd question why he did step up for it then? You can't blame him for the fact we haven't won - it's a lottery and we just didn't have the luck. 

The point is he should be up for it whatever. Thats his job as a professional striker. An expensive one at that. We didnt buy him for his tea making ability or did we?

I don't care what anyone says, penalties are easy unless you over complicate them.

You set up to take a 10 yard run at it & then you boot it as hard as you can down the middle & even if the goalie gets a hand to the ball it will still go in.

Rhodes should be ashamed for ducking a penalty (if reports are true).

It is a non negotiable part of the job requirements for a striker.