Rhodes "didn't want to take a penalty"

Just now, Big V said:

Well done to the likes of hutch, bannan and hunt for stepping up,  none of whom should have really been in the first few 

Agreed. Hutch should never have taken the first pen, but you know he was the first to put his hand up and step up. Big respect for him

To be fair I don't care how much money a guy earns or is worth/bought for i wouldn't want to take a penalty in that situation...he has an obvious affection to his former club so prob didn't want to help sending them out of the playoffs.

Still brave to take one in that situation so I applaud all the takers pressure can get to anyone 

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We lost, live with it, best side won.

Rhodes is  the best asset we have.

The best side won but you buy the expensive players to win you games. 

Rhodes looked awful today. Not fit and not sharp. 

Worse though he bottled an opportunity to take us to the final. Total disgrace.

What's the quote and from whom?

There's quite a difference between refusing to take one and being honest with the manager by admitting you're not confident.

Agreed that not being confident would also be a strange issue for a player of his calibre though.

Thank food we have the reason we failed.

Its not Carlos chickening out with his line-up.

Its not taking goalscoring Fletch off and leaving a totally ineffective Nando on.

Its the choice of penalty takers.......really fellas????

Edited by Holmowl

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's on Twitter, must be true, especially with the RS bullshit squad backing it.

There is no spin - he 100% bottled it. The interview was live on Radio Sheffield.

Dont we sign big money players exactly for these situations? 

CC says Rhodes doesn't want to take a penalty ? I'll say flipping CC didn't want to win the play off semi flipping final judging how he set us up to defend for 180 minutes against a team woefully short of form and one who we have put to the sword twice this season. Seriously this flipping stinks of a manager looking for an excuse to blame someone he brought to the club who was never going to bang the goals in under this current format of play. Rhodes is our future, Carlos as we all need to accept is now moving on.

Yours faithfully

Jordan Rhodes

Just now, Holmowl said:

Thank food we have the reason we failed.

Its not Carlos chicken I got out with his line-up.

Its not taking goalscoring Fletch off and leaving a totally ineffective Nando on.

Its the choice of penalty takers.......really fellas????

Yep and if its true that CC did indeed blab this then is just me that would be most unimpressed?

11 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It beggars belief that a guy, your £10m star striker on £60k plus a week signing for £10m refuses to take a penalty.

You really couldn't make it up.

If there was a way to back out of the transfer it would be wise to explore it.

Players with no bottle are no use to us.

5 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Carvalhal said 7 players volunteered - the 5 plus Nuihu and Tom Lees. 

We cant have players at this club with no bottle.

its a joke.

Then why play negative football for 210 minutes to make any likely outcome penalties ! 

he seems to have been struggling for confidence, so fair play to him, if there's 7 others willing to step up before him, that's fine by me...

Wish it'd been Nuhiu instead of FF though, Atdhe was right in the huddle when they were deciding and FF was hanging around outside, looked like CC had to ask him if he was up for it...

My heart dropped when I saw FF step up...

I said before we signed Rhodes that he ain't worth owt like 10 million and 60k a wk I said it will push us close to ffp .the guy ain't been a regular for over 12 months and recently we have only been using him as a sub . I'm sorry but 60k a wk for him 35k a wk for abdi mcmanaman  25k a wk urby 25k wk and on and on is truly a massive waste which was a gamble by chansiri what now means we are going to have to let 2-3 go in summer .no manager in league Inc Newcastle Brighton have not been backed as well as Carlos has. We have been far too negative all season penalties is a lottery and it seems we played for it from 1st min of 1st leg. 

Should be ashamed. 

Joe Public can complain about money of footballers, wahatever. Wages and price tag don't make you an instant world beater, the "I'd chop my wee wee tail off to take a pen" crowd etc, but when you are brought in at that price. To not secure a place in the team and to then not put your name down for a pen before defenders and Hutch etc takes the flipping wee wee.

No defending him. You have a lot to do next season Jordan.