Didn't turn up?

Those who said it wasn't Carlos v Hull, it was the players who didn't turn up.

Well, strangely, they didn't turn up tonight.

or

We were set up without a clue, without balance, without a goal threat.

As we were v Hull.

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

With the talent we've got I wish we'd play 'one-off' games by actually attacking and trying to win instead of just trying to be hard to beat.

Carlos has taken us as far as he can 

Pretty much sums it up.  I'm pretty sure that we'll have a new head coach next season but hope to god its not Pardew. We have a good squad that with two or three tweaks and a different approach could well see us challenging for top two next season.

We got what we deserved.

Played crap football in both legs.

Then had a centre half take the first pen.

I dont blame Hutchinson, anyone can miss a pen, atleast he had the balls to go first.

But it should've been our strikers demanding that ball.

The management and the big players bottled it.

Said in another thread we struggle when we come up against a quality three man central midfield. Mooy bossed both games just as Huddlestone did at Wembley. Why we don't just play a three man midfield ourselves when facing teams like this I don't know.

I was another who never went along with we "didn't turn up" against Hull.

We were simply beaten by a better team that day. 

It was very obvious where we were lacking and the changes that needed to be changed.

Better Full Backs, a Footballing Centre Half and another hard strong Midfielder.

We got none and we have paid the price tonight.

I think the game swayed both ways.

Carlos looked poorly like he had flu. Wagner and Hudders seemed more energised.

Not sure on initial line up. Wallace injury was a blow. After our goal the Fletcher substitution was odd.

Thought our midfield and especially Bannan did ok.

Their substitution changed the game.

Penalty takers should be proud and hold their heads up. Strikers not taking pens should be ashamed.

Rhodes looks out of his depth. Almost like a poor mans Torres after his big move to Chelsea.

Teams like Brighton just seem more cohesive as did Hudders tonight.

I am not sure about Carlos but I am 100% certain I don't want Pardew.

Huddersfield have done it consistently over the season. They don't concede many and don't score many either, but that doesn't make them a bad side. I don't think it is about us not turning up but more about Huddersfield playing well against us over two legs. They were resilient defensively and kept the ball v well throughout. The introduction of Kachunga made a big difference for them and his pace and movement was the difference between us going through 1-0 and the inevitable penalties. Unfortunately, too many of our 'key' players (i.e. Lee, Forestieri and Hutchinson) were not fully match fit (a good run of games) to influence the game in the latter stages, and with no real game changers in those positions on the bench. For me, this is why performance wise we fizzled out and Huddersfield looked far the stronger towards the end. However, I am still v confident about next season, we have a tremendous squad (and manager) and with a few more additions as well as a better 'rub of the green' with injuries, I think we've got a reyt good chance of auto's. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

2 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

We we're better last night than 1st leg. 

But still not good enough, first leg should have been played in a more attacking style, 2 games in 4 days was always going to be hard, but we should have done more, the game should have been put to bed early.