The fans...

45 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

...have to take some of the blame for me.

It was a nervous crowd tonight, and that transferred to the pitch, especially towards the end and during the penalties.

All day I saw posts and comments from fans saying how nervous they were and how they were feeling sick, etc. I think that went on too much and made everyone too nervous instead of excited.

There wasn't the continuous legendary 'wall of noise' we had against Brighton last season and it showed in the performance on the pitch. Last season it was the crowd that carried the team through that game and were the extra man. We were all awesome for a while after our goal and for that time Huddersfield were at sixes and sevens struggling with the atmosphere against them, but it died down too quickly.

And we just weren't intimidating enough during their penalties and didn't take advantage of kicking at the Kop end.

Carlos and the team have all said time and time again the fans are the 12th man and make the difference - we need to live up to that like we absolutely can if we're in this position again next season (heck, throughout the whole season as we go for automatic!!).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Absolutely agree, shuffle nervous atmosphere tonight, nearly got me head kicked in on north smoking bend for singing 'is this a library' at half time but drank my way through it and my sister saved me

58 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

It was a nervous crowd tonight, and that transferred to the pitch, especially towards the end and during the penalties.

All day I saw posts and comments from fans saying how nervous they were and how they were feeling sick, etc. I think that went on too much and made everyone too nervous instead of excited.

There wasn't the continuous legendary 'wall of noise' we had against Brighton last season and it showed in the performance on the pitch. Last season it was the crowd that carried the team through that game and were the extra man. We were all awesome for a while after our goal and for that time Huddersfield were at sixes and sevens struggling with the atmosphere against them, but it died down too quickly.

And we just weren't intimidating enough during their penalties and didn't take advantage of kicking at the Kop end.

Carlos and the team have all said time and time again the fans are the 12th man and make the difference - we need to live up to that like we absolutely can if we're in this position again next season (heck, throughout the whole season as we go for automatic!!).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

I'm getting more and more annoyed by this it was none of our fault the manager and the players chucked it away. End of

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Sorry pal, but what a load of utter tripe. 

The "wall of noise" wasn't there because we weren't anywhere near as good as when we played Brighton last year.

It's down to the players to give us something to cheer. They're paid very VERY well to do so. To say that the fans played a part in the loss tonight is just brainless drivel. 

1 hour ago, Mainsey said:

Shut up 

Why? he's reight.

All I've read on here for the last 2 or 3 days is how intimidating we were going to be. It's a shame it didn't materialise tonight. 

Other than after we'd scored for about 5/10 minutes I thought the crowd was poor. 

Let's stop kidding ourselves about how how passionate we are. When it really should have mattered we let both ourselves and our team down.

Reason we lost is that we went 1 up, then sat back. Last season we went 1 up v Brighton and ploughed forward, winning the tie. 

Carlos has looked at Hull and Boro, and tried to copy their defensive mentality. Its backfired. 

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Get fvcckked. 

Again, 30k wednesdayites turned up more than willing to get behind team and were treated to an abject first half performance...

Can scream all we want but it won't change the tactics and today they were garbage.

FF and Fletcher up top...wrong choice.

Bannan on wing...wrong choice.

Substitutions...wrong choices.

Shove your blaming the supporters up your a*se.

Think the OP has a point to a degree. Was surprised when the team walked off at half time that literally nobody seemed to give a foook. There was certainly nobody clapping near me. Sure it hadn't been a great performance but even so.  And during the pens every person in the stadium should've been booing when their players walked up. Didn't happen. 

That said I agree it almost worked against us that it was the second leg - the game was so finely poised and had so much riding on it I think everyone was more nervous than last year.

And yes, ultimately the team need to give the fans something to cheer and we were too cautious in team selection and approach for me. Paid them too much respect early on and paid the price. 

Edited by paulrs