Poll: Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (2nd Leg)...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Huddersfield  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Huddersfield?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Nuhiu

21 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Their midfield was far better than ours - I'd take Mooy or Brown all day long. You just knew once it went into extra time that we wouldn't do it.

Westwood 8 - some poor kicking again at times (standard) but some great saves. I think it was a pen first half though.

Hunt 5 - he's got no quality at all. We must improve on him next year.

Lees 8 MoM - defended well enough but as I've already alluded to, I thought we made him have so much of the ball and he used it wisely.

Loovens 7 - ok. Slows it down too much at times. Hutch to partner Lees next season.

Pudil 5 - did ok and then got murdered by their sub. Poor defending for their equaliser.

Bannan 8 - tried his best and was our only creative player. 

Lee 5 - poor again for me. Nothing came off.

Hutch 5 - poor. A couple of good tackles but he is kidding himself in midfield. He plays like a third CB anyway.

Reach 5 - I really don't see what he brings, especially on a night like tonight when we needed a spark. Not the answer.

Fletcher 6 - awful before the goal but a good header. Why bring him off straight away though?

Forrestieri 7 - some nice touches but ultimately failed to come up with the goods.

Subs

Rhodes 6 - little impact.

Atdhe 6 - not on long enough really.

Carlos - too negative. Wasted the first leg completely by hoping we would do the business at home and didn't work. I'll be surprised if he is in charge at the start of next season.

What game were you watching pal? Hunt 5, Loovens 7, FF 7, Nuhiu 6. You must've been on a reyt bender before the game to come up with those ratings lol

9 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

What game were you watching pal? Hunt 5, Loovens 7, FF 7, Nuhiu 6. You must've been on a reyt bender before the game to come up with those ratings lol

Sober as a judge mate - you sound like the one on the sesh. 

17 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

for me Jack Hunt fully deserves to be the right back for next season. there is no way he needs replacing. His form has improved greatly and he's a very reliable and dependable player. Good at defending, good at going forward .. just needs to improve his final ball but i can let him off when there are more attack minded players not creating jack sh*t ...

lol Hate to break it to you but we had a right back in the stand watching the game. 

I've taken a bit of time to remove the emotion and get over it. My ratings:

Westwood 7 - Did pretty much everything he was asked to do. Made some good saves and can't fault him for the goal. Not a pen for me with his challenge either.

Hunt 6 - Grew into the game and was positive going forward but like Pudil for me can be a weak link. Undoubtedly improved since he joined though.

Lees 7 - The best of the back 4 and unlucky with the own goal. It is imperative we keep Lees and build our defence around him.

Loovens 6 - Did a good job covering Pudil's back and his lack of awareness on a few occasions. One hashed clearance could have been costly but overall did well. Been a great servant to the club but again possibly another area we need to look to strengthen and add depth IMO.

Pudil 3 - Harsh to single out one player but the truth is he was woeful. Caught the back 4 out on a few occasions not holding his line, had Lees and Loovens to thank on a few occasions for saving him, at fault for the goal, and when Quaner came on he got absolutely terrorised. Not good enough defensively or offensively for a team with Premier League ambitions. 100% needs replaced.

Reach 4 - Wallace going off injured was a big blow. Didn't do enough. Mostly been disappointing so far.

Bannan 8 - Our best player and deserved to be on the winning side. Great range of passing, quality assist, rarely gave the ball away and worked tirelessly all night.

Lee 5 - I'm a big fan of Lee but it just didn't happen for him tonight. Quiet game.

Hutchinson 5 - Another like Lee who just didn't perform to his best.

Fletcher 7 - Well taken goal, held the ball up well and was a focal point for the attack. Carlos got it wrong taking him off (unless injured) as it removed our impetus from the game.

Forestieri 4 - Poor penalty and largely ineffective. Not been the same player as last year.

Banann for me wanted it and it showed. For me we aren't ruthless after the goal they were gone and we should have killed them off but we all knew what was coming but we will be there or thereabouts next year 

Couple of days to digest everything. Avoided everything to do with Wednesday yesterday, just couldn't stomach the thought of going over everything again.

Before the game, I wasn't confident. The  standard of our display in the away leg was a real concern, and I was worried that the fact we got a decent result, masked some major issues. As it happened, we couldn't just turn it on and put on a display worthy of winning the tie.

Anyway, ratings:

Westwood - 7 - Couple of smart saves (but ones who'd expect him to make), but once again, his kicking was poor. Why did everything kick go towards FF up against Hefele?!

Hunt - 7 - Thought he did alright. Wasn't troubled too much defensively, but like so many others, not on it in an offensive aspect.

Lees - 7 - Dealt with Wells well enough, unfortunate for the own goal, but doesn't move the ball quick or positive enough, for some who sees a lot of it.

Loovens - 7 - Calm and assured. Standard Loovens-esque display.

Pudil - 5 - Thought he was doing alright up against Van La Parra, but the unit Quaner gave him a torrid time. Pudil went from playing on the front foot, to showing hesitancy and uncertainty up against him. Caught out for the goal as well.

Bannan - 7.5 - MOTM - Decent display and the pick of a pretty ordinary bunch. Constantly trying to make something happen, good delivery for goal. But, for our main creative outlet and considering how often he's on the ball, his final ball isn't good enough much of the time.

Lee - 6 - Poor game from Lee really. Looked leggy from 70 minutes onwards, and got in some positive positions, but was negative and cautious, often opting to slow the game down or turn back. One game too far after such a big injury probably.

Reach - 6 - Like so many games, he just doesn't show enough. His crossing, for a winger, was abysmal. Neat and tidy, but nothing more than that.

Hutchinson - 6 - Disagreed his with inclusion. Hugely negative move, and didn't have the impact on the game that was needed. Stupid tackle to get booked early on, and as a result, treading on eggshells throughout. Another one clear not fit enough to play 90+ minutes. Despite him been one of our best players, he's a real issue as to where to play him to get the best out of the team next year. For me, it's simple...either move him to centre back, and play him there and bring in a proper midfielder that can play in a central two, OR, switch to a three man midfield, in a 4-3-3. 

FF - 5 - As ineffective as he was in the 1st leg. Another player where there's an issue at the minute. Both FF & Hutch were missing during our 6 match winning run, both get shoehorned back into the side for key games...both don't perform, and performances suffer alarmingly. 

Fletcher - 6.5 - Again, suffered from a poor offensive team display. But, kept plugging away, up against two aggressive centre halves. Brilliant header for the goal, was starting to really come into the game, and then, inexplicably substituted.

Rhodes - 5.5 - Totally ineffective in all round play. As soon as Rhodes came on, we seemed to accept the 1-0 drop deep, and failed to keep the ball for any length of time (not putting that wholly down to Rhodes introduction). Another player that we need to look to get the best out of next season. At the minute, it's looking like £10m spent very poorly.

Carlos - Easy to say in hindsight, BUT he got his selection wrong, his tactics wrong and his substitutions wrong. Why bring in the defensive minded Hutchinson in a home tie we needed to win, in the only change from a criminally negative display away from home? Why go back to shoehorning (I love using that word!) three central midfielders into a 4-4-2? Why bring Fletcher off just as he was starting to have a real impact on the game? Why bring a player off who had 90+ minutes in him (Fletcher), when we had two players on the pitch (Hutchinson & Lee) incapable of getting through extra time, and admitted so afterwards? Some strange decisions made over the course of the two legs, which had a huge factor, in our two poor performances and ultimately, deserved defeat. 

Edited by frastheowl