Poll: Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (2nd Leg)...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Huddersfield  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Huddersfield?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Nuhiu

Their midfield was far better than ours - I'd take Mooy or Brown all day long. You just knew once it went into extra time that we wouldn't do it.

Westwood 8 - some poor kicking again at times (standard) but some great saves. I think it was a pen first half though.

Hunt 5 - he's got no quality at all. We must improve on him next year.

Lees 8 MoM - defended well enough but as I've already alluded to, I thought we made him have so much of the ball and he used it wisely.

Loovens 7 - ok. Slows it down too much at times. Hutch to partner Lees next season.

Pudil 5 - did ok and then got murdered by their sub. Poor defending for their equaliser.

Bannan 8 - tried his best and was our only creative player. 

Lee 5 - poor again for me. Nothing came off.

Hutch 5 - poor. A couple of good tackles but he is kidding himself in midfield. He plays like a third CB anyway.

Reach 5 - I really don't see what he brings, especially on a night like tonight when we needed a spark. Not the answer.

Fletcher 6 - awful before the goal but a good header. Why bring him off straight away though?

Forrestieri 7 - some nice touches but ultimately failed to come up with the goods.

Subs

Rhodes 6 - little impact.

Atdhe 6 - not on long enough really.

Carlos - too negative. Wasted the first leg completely by hoping we would do the business at home and didn't work. I'll be surprised if he is in charge at the start of next season.

2 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Their midfield was far better than ours - I'd take Mooy or Brown all day long. You just knew once it went into extra time that we wouldn't do it.

Westwood 8 - some poor kicking again at times (standard) but some great saves. I think it was a pen first half though.

Hunt 5 - he's got no quality at all. We must improve on him next year.

Lees 8 MoM - defended well enough but as I've already alluded to, I thought we made him have so much of the ball and he used it wisely.

Loovens 7 - ok. Slows it down too much at times. Hutch to partner Lees next season.

Pudil 5 - did ok and then got murdered by their sub. Poor defending for their equaliser.

Bannan 8 - tried his best and was our only creative player. 

Lee 5 - poor again for me. Nothing came off.

Hutch 5 - poor. A couple of good tackles but he is kidding himself in midfield. He plays like a third CB anyway.

Reach 5 - I really don't see what he brings, especially on a night like tonight when we needed a spark. Not the answer.

Fletcher 6 - awful before the goal but a good header. Why bring him off straight away though?

Forrestieri 7 - some nice touches but ultimately failed to come up with the goods.

Subs

Rhodes 6 - little impact.

Atdhe 6 - not on long enough really.

Carlos - too negative. Wasted the first leg completely by hoping we would do the business at home and didn't work. I'll be surprised if he is in charge at the start of next season.

The fact you've given forestieri a 7 and fletcher a 6 is beyond belief. Fletcher held the ball up, moved in to channels, linked the play, basically everything he was asked to. I don't think he was exceptional but he most definitely wasn't awful.

Again hunt 5? Seriously? 

Westwood 7 nowt really to do but marshalled the defence well . 

Hunt 7 solid

lees 7 as above

loovens 7 as above 

pudil 6 okay

reach 5 annoys the hell out me. Talented but missing a back bone

bannan 8.5 quick to slag him off so fair is fair well played. 

Lee 6 knackered after 50 mins 

hutchinson 6 wouldn't have started him , not gonna slag him for penalty though 

fletcher 6.5 annoyed me how wasteful he was but fair play found the net 

ff 3 nobody is interested on you falling on the floor and sulking anymore . 

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The fact you've given forestieri a 7 and fletcher a 6 is beyond belief. Fletcher held the ball up, moved in to channels, linked the play, basically everything he was asked to. I don't think he was exceptional but he most definitely wasn't awful.

Again hunt 5? Seriously? 

Hunt is garbage. Anyone who can't see that isn't worth arguing with.

Fletcher was crap (bar his goal), just like on the first leg. I didn't see him 'link the play' once. At least Forrestieri showed some quality at times.

1 minute ago, roundhayowl said:

Fletcher was crap (bar his goal), just like on the first leg. I didn't see him 'link the play' once. At least Forrestieri showed some quality at times.

That's off topic though. Hunt and pudil will be replaced next season without question along with a better left & right winger

3 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Sure this is a 2nd leg ratings thread, not a season rating thread. Even so, Hunt started the season poorly but, has grown as the seasons gone on to be one of our more consistent performers. Did absolutely nothing wrong today and you give him a 5. 

Fletcher offered far more than Rhodes did. As i said, moved in to space and offered himself for the ball in the channels allowing us to get out numerous times. Held the ball up and moved on. Didn't have a bad game at all. Arguably the game changed in Huddersfield's favour when he came off.

Westwood 7 

Hunt 7

Lees 7

Loovens 7

Pudil 4 - Awful tonight & went to sleep for their goal. 

Wallace - Not on long enough to vote.

Lee 7

Bannan 10 - Immense

Hutchinson 7 - Why a player struggling with cramp is allowed to take a penalty I'll never know.

Fletcher 7 - Well taken goal, why didn't he shoot in the first half?

Forestieri 7 - Worked hard but spent to much time on the floor in the second half. Awful penalty.

Reach 6 

Big Dave 5 - Unable to change the game.

Rhodes 5 - Offered little apart from a near post header. If a £10m striker with Rhodes scoring record doesn't want to take a penalty then he needs to take a big look at himself. 

Carlos 5 - Love the guy, but his reluctance to set the team up to really go for it has cost us over the 2 legs.

Westwood 7.5 No chance for the goal, couple of good one-on-one saves 

Hunt 6 Less going forward than usual but kept the right solid enough

lees 7 Didn't see much from him (in a good way)

loovens 8,5 Immense in the second half and extra time - lost count of the last gasp clearances he made MOTM

pudil 4.5 Way too much coming down Hudds' left - didn't do his job today

reach 5 Ended up as a makeshift striker at times which doesn't suit him. Arguably too lightweight / lacking in fight.

bannan 7.5.I wanted to drop him to the bench tonight. Oops.

Lee 6 Poor first half by his standards, improved as the game went on. 

hutchinson 6.5 Lucky not to be sent off but the most impactful Owl of the first hour or so. 

fletcher 6.5 Awful for the first half-hour. Decent once he got interested in the game and scored, of course. 

FF 5.5 Tried his hardest but not much came off for him.

Rhodes 4 Lightweight and lost. Ended up out of position on the right wing half the time, which didn't suit him any more than Reach down the middle. What have we done to him?

Nuhiu 6 - Does what Atdhe does.

Westy 8 - great keeper. showed it again tonight. needs to ignore the rules in penalty shoot outs though. he didnt start jumping infront of the line till the 3rd penalty

Hunt 6.5- good performance. lost his crossing boots at some point this season, but defended solidly today

Loovens 6- another causal glenn classic today. looked disinterested and sometimes made a hash of it, but was pretty much always in the right place at the right time.

Lees 7-solid performance from lees. never deserves to be on a losing team. he had me worried for a second when he allowed wells? to get in almost behind him but used great positional savvy to get back infront of him. really unlucky for the goal. was probably a foul but they are never given

Pudil 5. was ok mostly but obviously had nothing left when quarne came on and got exposed.

Reach 6 was involved but was lacking a final ball in the attacking third too often. ran in to bother a couple of time if i remember correctly

Bannan 8 what a magician. covered 2 or 3 positions. shame we cant clone him. great ball for the goal

Lee 6 shame hes not 100% fit, some good touches and on a different night he would made the difference for us.

Hutch 6 not a classic legendary hutch night (one of the few) i think huddersfield tactics kept him from influencing the game. never a booking. imo hes a good option for the right wing if we need to shuffle things around mid game. always a danger from set pieces too. great lad.

Fletch 7. just before he scored i was gonna comment that he was having another bad game but came up with the goods. if he hadnt of scored he'd have a 5 rating. hes lost his touch with the feet recently, luckily his head is still there!

FF 6. i though ff had an alright game, he grafted. he was maybe too deep at times but i thought he had a good game. far too little help from the referee and the problem is that this affects him and his head starts to drop if he keeps getting held and bundled over and the referees just glare at him.

rhodes-6

nuhiu-did ok in the couple of minutes he was on the pitch but not long enough for a rating.

carlos gets a 6. i think carlos got it almost right. in retrospect the rhodes for fletch change was made too soon, but if hudders hadnt of gotten lucky with the equaliser we wouldnt be saying that. we need to dominate teams and we have to have a hard look at our squad and make some tough choices for next season.

i honestly dont know how we got away with only having lees, loovens, sasso and hutch for cbs. that was straight up luck that we werent caught short with hutch and loovens injury records. pudil just isnt fit enough and i think thats where most of his problems come from.

ref gets a 5.5- its a tough job and theres no such thing as a perfect referees performance. he tried to let things go but kept allowing play to carry on with us ending up in bad situations because of it. made a big mistake booking hutch. the follow on from that is that hogg should have been booked at least 4 times for proffessional fouls. mooy got away without even a booking! and why have the rule about keepers on the line and linesmen there to watch it if your not going to enforce it.

well done huddersfield. i dont want to see wagner happy and i dont like mooy, but i prefer them to reading and jaap stam.

A tough night. Heartbreaking even. 

But let's not take away from what a good side Huddersfield are. It was always going to be hard. They're everything we're not. Fast, dynamic, exciting....and with a PL class midfielder pulling the strings. They've challenged the top 2 most of the season for a reason. 

Anyone who thinks we could've gone at them and blown them away needs to give their head a wobble.

As for us, a couple of things have cost us on the night imo.

1. Wallace going off. One of the few big game players we have and we missed him. An unwanted change of personnel and shape so early was a major blow in itself.

2. Lack of quality. They were always going to have the ball, we had to make the most of our chances when they came. This was the most disappointing aspect of the night for me. FF, Bannan, Reach, Pudil, Hunt...all guilty of poor crosses/corners/free kicks. All night, the service from wide areas was shocking. Bannan's assist was the exception

Can't decide on a MOM. Lees was pretty solid considering how much he had to do,  Loovens got us out of danger on numerous occasions, Bannan had one of his better games overall.

Bannan was, overall, the best player on the pitch first half.

He tired a little in the second, but was coming good again through it.

If he had been on the other side, they would have pisssed it.

knocking him if he is playing crap, i can understand.

Knocking him tonight is total FuckShittery.

22 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

Andre Mariner was Town's MoM. Knew we were up against it as soon as I saw his name. Always gives us nothing. Think a Wednesdayite shagged his wife. Admittedly we were poor, but always harder playing against 12. 

Yeah he was schit.

Mooy should have been carded at lest 4 times, the other tvvvat should have gone early doors.

But Mariner was not the cause of most of our problems.

"Bannan" Aha. Good one! Mooy made all our midield look like boys last night (Like Huddlestone last year) Yes he was the only one who tried, but apart from the goal, he was in effective. Lees is my MOTM, simply for wiping Pudils backside everytime he got beat.

6 hours ago, The Coorong Owl said:

That's off topic though. Hunt and pudil will be replaced next season without question along with a better left & right winger

You say that, but it didn't happen this season when it was blatantly obvious from last season that we needed upgrades!