Tempo and Shape

If we have learned a lesson this season it's this....

Play with a decent tempo, and everyone playing in their best positions, and we are a superb team. Way too good for a thoroughly competent Huddersfield side.

Cagey and unbalanced would be another thing entirely. A level playing-field.

Come on Carlos. Go for them tonight from minute one. They can't live with our A game.

Totally agree.

We need to come out the blocks and really rattle Udd's. 

An early goal would be a huge boost too. They longer Udd's keep it 0-0, the more tetchy we'll all get. I think Udds will aim to keep things very tight for the first half hour or so and quieten the crowd.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

If we have learned a lesson this season it's this....

Play with a decent tempo, and everyone playing in their best positions, and we are a superb team. Way too good for a thoroughly competent Huddersfield side.

Cagey and unbalanced would be another thing entirely. A level playing-field.

Come on Carlos. Go for them tonight from minute one. They can't live with our A game.

Tonight is the second half.

We know what happens in the second half at Hillsborough...

Reach looked nervous on Sunday and tonight he will sample the real atmosphere at Hillsborough when it gets going.

Hope he knows everyone will be backing him and the team to the max.

MAKE YOURSELVES HEROES LADS.

Start with our back line midway in our half and not on the edge of our penalty area. Get Bannan further up field supporting the forwards and playing passes forward not side ways. Start with a high tempo, score first and we will blow them away.

This would be nice but i also hope people are prapared for Hudds keeping the ball in their own half for the first 30 mins, which they well may do and are good at. I have no doubt we will gradually work our way into the game, how quickly we do this will depend on how much our strikers are willing to chip in with the closing down. For me this is why Winnall starts over FF.

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Start with our back line midway in our half and not on the edge of our penalty area. Get Bannan further up field supporting the forwards and playing passes forward not side ways. Start with a high tempo, score first and we will blow them away.

Is that you Torchy...John?

I like us to press high up the pitch, it causes panic, gets the crowd going. But when our back 9 slide from one side of the pitch to the other I must admit it looks very solid and well drilled.  Just think we need to be positive and really go for it. Playing cagey, and go 1-0 down in the last 20 mins would be such a waste of the talent we've got.