The Owls vs Huddersfield Town. Official Matchday Thread.

32 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Should never been pens.

Brilliant getting the away draw.

Then like an amateur, he plays an away team at home....Words fail me

He talks an attacking game, but deep down is as defensive and negative a manager as you will ever see.

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Seriously, are you on the wind up?

Have you just been a wum all this time?

You can pintpoint the game when our season turned around. Fulham away in November. The first time Hutch played in midfield this season. The next game was Wolves away, again with Hutch/Lee and Bannan left, and we produced one our best performances of the season.

We went on to win 10 of our next 15 games.

Bannan/ Lee had their chance early in the season and blew it.

So.

How do you think this worked out?

Hutch/Lee

Bannan left, then right.

FF...........flippingamazing as a striker wasn't he?

Gutted doesnt cover how I feel at the moment...but...when we do go up I want us to be ready to compete maybe just requiring minor tinkering...but with the physical power and skill needed already in place, and we are short of that at the moment!! Well done "Udders" the better team won over the two games!! Right im off...Laters!!

Huddersfield were the better, more positive side over the two legs for me and fully deserved it. 

2 pretty turgid performances from us and it was nothing more than what we've seen for the most part this season. 

Balance to the team all wrong and again, it highlights  that without Hooper, there is no link from midfield to attack. All huff and puff, relying on individual moments of quality. 

The difference for me...

1) They have players that think quick when they have the ball, and when they receive the ball.

2) They have players that anticipate where the ball is going to fall.

3) They play it about at the back at times, but the majority of their play is to go forward.

We have ?

They all rave about Mooy (who should have had at least have had one booking) but...

Bannan would have totally tore us a new one, had he been playing for the opposition tonight, with someone to play a through ball too, just like he did with us last year.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Going into extra time we had mustered a grand total of 8 goal attempts (2 on target) in two full games of football for a huge prize. Carvalhal has to take responsibility for his crushing, stifling negativity. And not just in this game; half of the season has been like that. It's not quite as boring as the days of Stuart Gray, but then he didn't have £20m of attacking talent to call upon. Instead it was Atdhe Nuhiu, Stevie May and Chris Maguire. Carlos' cowardice has squandered an enormous opportunity. Sure, if we'd had a go we might still have lost, but it would have been easier to take than this apathetic, cynical drabness. Imagine fighting for the heavyweight championship and spending the entire bout running away from the other bloke and hardly throwing a punch at him.

Thank god you're back. 

My Official Matchday Threads were obviously not good enough to get Sheffield Wednesday into the The English Premier League.

I hereby resign, disgraced, unloved and hated.

Me and Carlos are going to fly out to our secret love hideaway in the Bahamas with a private jet.  We have several suitcases stuffed with five pound notes

3 minutes ago, pauli said:

My Official Matchday Threads were obviously not good enough to get Sheffield Wednesday into the The English Premier League.

I hereby resign, disgraced, unloved and hated.

Me and Carlos are going to fly out to our secret love hideaway in the Bahamas with a private jet.  We have several suitcases stuffed with five pound notes

Thank you and farewell. 

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Going into extra time we had mustered a grand total of 8 goal attempts (2 on target) in two full games of football for a huge prize. Carvalhal has to take responsibility for his crushing, stifling negativity. And not just in this game; half of the season has been like that. It's not quite as boring as the days of Stuart Gray, but then he didn't have £20m of attacking talent to call upon. Instead it was Atdhe Nuhiu, Stevie May and Chris Maguire. Carlos' cowardice has squandered an enormous opportunity. Sure, if we'd had a go we might still have lost, but it would have been easier to take than this apathetic, cynical drabness. Imagine fighting for the heavyweight championship and spending the entire bout running away from the other bloke and hardly throwing a punch at him.

We're the Audley Harrison of the Championship.