The Owls vs Huddersfield Town. Official Matchday Thread.

Sheffield Wednesday 2

Huddersfield Town 0

I think there will be plenty of good quality play from both sides but I back us to get the win.

Wallace to score a banger from distance & Rhodes to make sure late on.

I have a hunch there will be a red card too.

UTO.

Edited by Big Rons Hairspray

26 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

BREAKING NEWS....

Clearly the high pressing game worked.

Alfie James B just been born 7lb 7oz

Every one doing great.

...That's the pre-match drinks sorted.

COME ON WEDNESDAY over to you to make it a double...

It should be safe to remove the mask now.well done Grandad Masked.     :manager:

A very good morning to you all, especially Pauli who captures the gravity of the day perfectly.

Well, this is it - a game I can actually get to! :biggrin: It also happens to be a play-off semi final and an absolutely pivotal game in the fortunes of this club. Win and we're going to Wembley, we'll all spend yet more weeks excited out of our minds, stressed out of our minds and everything in between. Lose and I might cry. Might. Didn't at Wembley last year but it was close.

Anyway enough of that. It's an interestingly poised game this one - a dire first leg but still one that gave me encouragement that we'll be able to impose ourselves better tonight. Hutch's return will help us a great deal in going toe to toe with Huddersfield, he won't allow it to be like the first leg where we basically ceded control of the midfield to Mooy and Hogg. Our defence was able to repel everything that came its way despite the ball spending the vast majority of its time in our half and it'll need to maintain that sort of form, not just for tonight but to go into the final. In attack we obviously hope for something different - personally would like to see Winnall and Rhodes partnered up front with Forestieri returned to his favoured position on the left wing. That would give the Huddersfield defence a lot more to think about both through the middle and out wide.

Its going to be a battle out there, it's our job to roar the boys on to a famous victory.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 3-0 Huddersfield 

(Forestieri 9, Hutchinson 21, Lee 79)

3 minutes ago, wexowl said:

oops heartiest congratulations to the FLAT family also. Hope young Alfie will be regaled in time to come of the monumental game and result that formed part of his welcome to this life.:biggrin::biggrin:

Don't you worry on that score Wex...everyday for the rest of his life...

lol

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

BREAKING NEWS....

Clearly the high pressing game worked.

Alfie James B just been born 7lb 7oz

Every one doing great.

...That's the pre-match drinks sorted.

COME ON WEDNESDAY over to you to make it a double...

Many congratulations................I'd give anything for a grandkid of my own but neither of my kids are in any kind of relationship .........except work.

Have drink on me