The Owls vs Huddersfield Town. Official Matchday Thread.

BJyDHtd.png          HnVLCGW.png

Hillsborough Stadium

19:45 Wednesday, 17th of May 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

fYGmfvK.png

But enough about them. We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are on our way!

QXI6QSq.jpg

832MNBy.jpg

JBxGLfn.jpg

T1gTfWQ.jpg

jVajdUb.jpg

RhZZdCY.jpg

f1m8CJ0.jpg

Let’s do this together!

MATCHDAY THINGS

Matchday Pie: Terrier and Potato.

Matchday Drink: Last chance to take the 16 Pint Challenge at a packed out Hillsborough this season.

Matchday Song: Sweetback’s Theme by Melvin Van Peebles…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday could have midfielder Sam Hutchinson (knee) back for their Championship play-off semi-final second leg against Huddersfield. Striker Gary Hooper (hamstring) is likely to miss out again so Steven Fletcher is set to keep his place.

Huddersfield will recall goalkeeper Danny Ward in place of Joel Coleman after he missed Sunday's goalless first leg through suspension. Ward aside, Town boss David Wagner will probably name with the same team.

A sold-out Hillsborough is a lively place to play and, if last season's semi-final against Brighton is anything to go by, it undoubtedly favours the home side. Carlos Carvalhal's side have lost just six league games on home soil this season, and we may see them in a more attacking mindset than in West Yorkshire.

NDL2Et4.png Head To Head hYceDc8.png

▪    Sheffield Wednesday are now unbeaten in eight matches against Huddersfield (W5 D3) in all competitions.

▪    Huddersfield have now failed to score a goal in all three matches (including play-offs) against the Owls this season.

▪    Indeed, the Terriers have only managed two goals in their last eight meetings with the Owls.

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have won both of their previous play-off games at Hillsborough without conceding a goal - 1-0 v Brentford (2005) and 2-0 v Brighton (2016).

▪    The Terriers have lost just one of their last five play-off fixtures played away from home (excluding neutral venue), winning three (D1).

▪    The team in fourth place has won the Championship play-offs in two of the last three campaigns (Hull in 2015-16 & QPR in 2013-14); this after a run 15 years without promotion for the fourth-placed side.

▪    Wednesday have reached the final of both play-off campaigns they have played in (4-2 AET v Hartlepool in League One 2004-05, lost v Hull in Championship 2015-16 final).

▪    David Wagner's team have lost six of their past 11 matches in all competitions (W3 D2).

GJJbNsj.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

We always play better when we are at home, this cannot be said for all the teams in the Championship, but for us the supporters make a big difference to our players. We have talked about the efficiency of our game this week and this was a very efficient performance. We were disciplined, we limited Huddersfield in the final third but we did not get a goal ourselves so I would say we are moderately happy but not euphoric.

jX4IOis.jpg

“The crowd in semi finals make a big impact, we have experience of this last season. We know how much our supporters helped us to beat Brighton. We also know exactly what we felt in our bodies when we went to Brighton, especially in the first 20-25 minutes. It was the same at Huddersfield and credit to the crowd for the way they helped their team a lot. Our supporters will be crucial for sure. One purpose of this game was to put the game alive at Hillsborough. At the end of the day we now have a final at Hillsborough on Wednesday and we will be ready to the game. On Wednesday at 7.45pm, again, it will be 11 players v 11 players with a referee and one ball and we must do our job because I am sure the fans will do theirs.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight!

bNfOMMl.gif

Great OMDT Pauli! Hopefully one more to come after this

So it comes down to this! The most important game of the season against a bunch of dog bothering throw pots and a smug as funk German! 

I hope we come out all guns blazing and attack from the off and don't give Huddersfield a chance as they could prove to be costly!

Im going for a very nervy 2-1 to The Wednesday!...

saying that I hope we smash them 5-0.

RELEASE THE LLAMA! 

FOR ONE LAST TIME

WERE GONNA RUIN UDDERS

LIKE BAY RUINED PRIME! 

IMG_5836.JPG.aaa32b2565bfe83919aca6df404f19a3.JPG

ONE SHALL STAND AND ONE SHALL FALL!

COME ON WEDNESDAY! 

LETS SMASH THE BASTÂRDS!!!

11 minutes ago, saf said:

I can't sleep with excitement. :baby:

Me neither, I put the old transformers movie on to fall asleep too as I've seen it 100's of times but now I really wanna listen to stan bush and put season 1 on!

:duntmatter:

Also so found out ah lass hates transformers and Stan bush...

so I really should consider a change in relationship status!

:ghoulguy: