Daily Mail

The only worry is that Daily Mail is usual repository for local footy stories from freelancer Alan Biggs. Sadly, may be credible.

Hope Carlos is going for a giant back home such as Benfica , etc. If so, very best wishes.

Ok, Marco Silva obvio but , if not , Italians do  it better tactically so it's old boy Di Canio for me (if Connor had stopped with the tomato sauce and lost a stone Palace wouldn't need Benteka).  

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Anyone LISTEN whilst the game on Sunday was being broadcast? The commentators were talking about it for quite a while , for them. They rehashed what was for us an old, ye true, story. Apparently, at the end of last season, Chansiri offered Carlos a three-year contract, which Carlos rejected in place of a one-year contract. It did not say that he was leaving, but would be out of contract at the end of this season. Whether DC has offered him a new contract or not was not discussed. 

Pretty much what Iv'e heard. To add to that my understanding is that DC wants him to stay. Nobody seems to know the true feelings of CC or if he has even decided himself yet.

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Anyone LISTEN whilst the game on Sunday was being broadcast? The commentators were talking about it for quite a while , for them. They rehashed what was for us an old, ye true, story. Apparently, at the end of last season, Chansiri offered Carlos a three-year contract, which Carlos rejected in place of a one-year contract. It did not say that he was leaving, but would be out of contract at the end of this season. Whether DC has offered him a new contract or not was not discussed. 

Which would suggest CC has played a canny game then. Wasn't his brief to get us up in 2 years, to coincide with the anniversary? If he does, he can either go home, or name his price for a new contract. If he doesn't, he walks away at the end of his current deal & goes home anyway. He can't lose & deserves the choice for what he's achieved so far.

If he'd signed for 3 years last year, & fails this season, he won't want another 2 years at it. That's why he didn't commit longer. I think fate will play it's part, & all things will come together with promotion. Feels like April / May 2012 all over again to me. Not even slightly worried about tomorrow night. Which is odd.

2 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Carlos had a dream

To leave a football team

He had enough of moaners 

So said I'm going home.

He built from the back

With Hooper in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday

We're on our way back.

Carlos had a dream,
To leave a football team,
He had enough of moaners, 

So said I'm going home,

He left on the plane,

He wasn't seen agaaaaaain,

We're Sheffield Wednesday,

With Pardew taking the reigns.

:ghoulguy:

15 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I hope to god this is a wind up, that man should be no where near our club, if Carlos is leaving us and I hope he doesn't then there are far better managers out there than dodgy Alan, the man is toxic and has failed everywhere he has been whilst at EPL level, Championship manager at best.

Whats he done to make you dislike him so much?

Genuine question. Btw.

13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yet when reported in another newspaper a few days ago - the Independent I think - Hog Staton described the journalist as being very reputable.

That's comical.  The guy is a known Owl.  He even used to post on here regularly before he got the job at RS. Muppet.

Just not bothered...

"A source close to Hillsborough"..Could be a drunk in the New Barrack...could be Pardew...drunk in the New Barrack...Could be an old woman in Law bros...could be Pardew drunk after nutting an old woman in Law bros.....

You can write owt these days, follow it up ith a source that means nowt....