Daily Mail

Have people just forgotten what happened to Pardew at Palace. 

He he barely won a game for a year. Statistically they were the worst side out of the 92 league clubs. 

He would be a horrendous appointment. 

Talksport. The Daily Mail. Twitter.  Attention seeking schoolboys.

Credible? Any of them?

Absolutley not.

By Christ, at least club calls stories were real even if you did have to wait 45 minutes to hear " Danny Wilson trained this morning"

12 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

As English managers go, Alan Pardew is one of the best around.

IF the CC reports have any substance we could do worse than AP but I'd rather go down the foreign manager route again.

You're speaking a reyt load of crap ... sorry.,

5 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

If we get promoted why would he leave, the premiership and we need him!

Some people have lives away from their careers. If we get promotion, I am pretty sure that Chansiri will not let him leave without a good send off financially. Carlos claerly understands that long termism in football management rarely happens and along the roller coaster ride, there will be lows as well as highs. Perhaps he just wants to leave on a personal high and spend a little time away from the game with his family - who knows apart from he?

Very obvious Carlos will be off, all the confusion with his contract and refusal to talk about it says to me he's probably just seeing his contract out. Would have imagined the chairmen would wanted him to sign a deal and put all this speculation to bed during the most important part of the season like he did last year but it's yet to happen and doesn't look like it will be happening. 

Pardew would be an absolsute disaster. Wouldn't want him here what so ever, never achieved anything. 

7 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

You're speaking a reyt load of crap ... sorry.,

Go on then gimme your top 10 ENGLISH managers, honestly you'll struggle to come up with 10 that would better AP track record.

Even our national team has Gareth Southgate in charge.............Garath F00k1n Southgate lol

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Go on then gimme your top 10 ENGLISH managers, honestly you'll struggle to come up with 10 that would better AP track record.

Even our national team has Gareth Southgate in charge.............Garath F00k1n Southgate lol

Yes, Pardew's getting crucified, and he's not even been unveiled yet. lol

16 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Name your top 10 foreign managers we could realistically get. 

20 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Very obvious Carlos will be off, all the confusion with his contract and refusal to talk about it says to me he's probably just seeing his contract out. Would have imagined the chairmen would wanted him to sign a deal and put all this speculation to bed during the most important part of the season like he did last year but it's yet to happen and doesn't look like it will be happening. 

Pardew would be an absolsute disaster. Wouldn't want him here what so ever, never achieved anything. 

I'm not saying he's the obvious choice but he's had a few promotions along the way not to mention Premier League Manager of the Season. In summary, and talking facts, he's had a way more successful managerial career than CC to date. 

4 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Name your top 10 foreign managers we could realistically get. 

Hey I'd struggle without a bit of research.

My point was the lack of quality English Managers, AP has a better career win percentage than Sam Alladyce or Tony Pulis and I'd say they were the best around.

While I agree the timing is not helpful think there is credible interest from clubs in Portugal.

From CCs point of view championship v v home...home wins. However premier league v home....tough decision.

IMO  everything depends on these next 2 games.

7 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Hey I'd struggle without a bit of research.

My point was the lack of quality English Managers, AP has a better career win percentage than Sam Alladyce or Tony Pulis and I'd say they were the best around.

The more foreign managers brought in the less chance any English managers would get to improve on those managers stats though. It's a bit of a vicious cycle I suppose.