Daily Mail

9 minutes ago, Carbone said:

The fire being Pardew's camp.

Absolute bollucks this, no truth to it whatsoever.

This may not be what you want but how the feck can you make assertions like that unless you, yourself, has very serious connections close to Dejphon Chansiri. I don't fancy the prospect of it either but I have to admit that an out of work, experienced, former Premier League manager would certainly be on the radar if Carlos does go. 

Our very own siggi Johnson has been peddling this bobbar for a month. Wonder if he is the realisable source? Really don't think the players will be unsettled by this bobbar

I had an impromptu tour of the Boleyn last year with a security bloke who'd been there for the last 30 years.  He told us some stories that he probably shouldn't have and a few regarding Pardew.  

Apparently the pet name they had for Pardew was 'chocolate'... because 'he loved himself that much he'd have eaten himself'.

He's certainly a character.

For what it's worth I think Carlos is off for whatever reasons are personal to him.  Good luck to him.  I just hope he finishes the job he started he before he leaves.

Just now, Plonk said:

Our very own siggi Johnson has been peddling this bobbar for a month. Wonder if he is the realisable source? Really don't think the players will be unsettled by this bobbar

Players will be focused100% on their own ambition of reaching the premier. It's all pre match mind games, best ignore and we concentrate on what we can effect.

2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I had an impromptu tour of the Boleyn last year with a security bloke who'd been there for the last 30 years.  He told us some stories that he probably shouldn't have and a few regarding Pardew.  

Apparently the pet name they had for Pardew was 'chocolate'... because 'he loved himself that much he'd have eaten himself'.

He's certainly a character.

For what it's worth I think Carlos is off for whatever reasons are personal to him.  Good luck to him.  I just hope he finishes the job he started he before he leaves.

Whatever but we don't need this sh!t at such an important time

Think all this news is good for us, the players will rally around the manager (and the project) even more than what they already are doing! I believe CC will be honest with the players in private about the situation and my feeling is he will stay if we get promoted. So, it's either Prem with CC or potentially Championship with Pardew and if that don't make the players give another 20% I don't know what will. 

Ps. Padew not well regarded in football, been known to look after a few of his players wives. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

love the Pardew bashing about his record (cant be bothered to look), but lets be honest CC's record was amazing before he came here. I love the memory when it suits chaps

I think CC will get it right if he stays, but I thought his reaction on Sheffield live suggested he could leave, just a feeling I got. 

Many People won't want whoever comes in as CC is so popular, we saw the same with Dave Jones, Stuart gray and Carlos. But in a situation where CC did leave I think having a manager with premiership experience on his cv wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He plays attacking football with wingers and another appointment from left field or abroad may need longer to understand the league. 

Hopefully we go up and CC feels the need to stay and experience the Premier with us and it's all a moot point.

Edited by Bluesteel

You gotta laugh at it though they do get about 2% of the rounduns they print right.

Every forum I've been on claim it crap paper and nobody likes it because of the lies. But every forum ends up with links to the crap it prints. lol 

Let's be honest the only truth they print is it's name the date and the price.

7 minutes ago, fox said:

You gotta laugh at it though they do get about 2% of the rounduns they print right.

Every forum I've been on claim it crap paper and nobody likes it because of the lies. But every forum ends up with links to the crap it prints. lol 

Let's be honest the only truth they print is it's name the date and the price.

isn't it the uk's biggest selling paper ?

Not bad to say "forums" say its carp lol

3 hours ago, akbuk said:

2 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Players will be focused100% on their own ambition of reaching the premier. It's all pre match mind games, best ignore and we concentrate on what we can effect.

True. Too much is made of "loyalty" to managers...and fans. These people are employees. Our players want to get to the PL for themselves, largely because it pays better. The Daily Mail is simply regurgitating the Independent story of a few days ago, that's all. But Carlos threatening to leave the interview the other week when asked about his future says much more than what's in the press as far as I'm concerned.

I think he'll stay if we're promoted, and he'll leave if we're not, but that was always likely anyway. Let's face it, CC has never stayed anywhere very long in his career.

Anyone LISTEN whilst the game on Sunday was being broadcast? The commentators were talking about it for quite a while , for them. They rehashed what was for us an old, ye true, story. Apparently, at the end of last season, Chansiri offered Carlos a three-year contract, which Carlos rejected in place of a one-year contract. It did not say that he was leaving, but would be out of contract at the end of this season. Whether DC has offered him a new contract or not was not discussed. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The Newcastle fans hated him didn't they? He seems like a cocky arrogant prat, don't want him anywhere near us. 

what and you go on the type of fan that turns up in chavy trackies to protest every time they sell a player?

Newcastle fans might have hated him, bet they wished they had him the season he got relegated. If he was to come (probably all talk) judge him on us not others