4 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

It starts on Thursday I believe.  Even Sheffield council wouldn't be that stupid.

Technically the responsibility lies with Amey, although I imagine for events such as Wednesday night the council and / or police would liaise with them.

1 minute ago, RobHowe said:

Technically the responsibility lies with Amey, although I imagine for events such as Wednesday night the council and / or police would liaise with them.

It's quite a responsibility for one woman isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

It starts on Thursday I believe.  Even Sheffield council wouldn't be that stupid.

It started last Thursday, it was shut 7pm -7am on both Thursday and Friday night, they have since reopened the road over the weekend but it is not finished, I live just offer Herries Road so use the road daily.

The Sheffield Star reported it would be close Thurs & Friday last week and Tues & Wed this week, however the signs on the side of the road now say from the 10th-16th on them meaning they are expecting to finish the work by Tuesday night.

The road it's self is being done in large chunks over the evenings and I expect them to finish on time. 

I think the Tuesday & Wednesday 16th and 17th was the original plan before the playoffs but the signage defo now says it will be done by the 16th

6 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

If it is, it would just go to show the idiotic planning of the council to close a main road adjacent to the stadium on the night of the biggest gate of the season.

Its not the council that are carrying out these works.

Its Amey who have the responsibility for delivering the whole Streets Ahead project.

can't help but smile at the council, subcontractors and police communicating and working in train

besides if sag get to find out about it, they might decide the fumes from said road surfacing presents a serious threat 

Just now, steelowl said:

besides if sag get to find out about it, they might decide the fumes from said road surfacing presents a serious threat 

There isn't a better smell in the world than tarmac going down!