Poll: Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Wallace
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Jones
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall

Westwood - 8 - my MOTM just for the one key save. Keeps us at 0-0 for the second leg.

Hunt - 6 - average game, beaten too easily a few times. Did look our only outlet most if the match despite doing nothing with the ball.

Loovens - 4 - two big errors that should have been punished by Huddersfield. Disappointed with him today, although I bet others disagree with me. 

Lees - 8 - runner up for MOTM. Solid, win most things in the air and a couple of crucial clearances. Wish him and Loovens were capable of carrying the ball 10-20 yards just so the midfield doesn't have to drop so deep. 

Wallace - 5 - did a job defensively and that's it.

Reach - 5 - same as Wallace

Lee - 5 - feel in being generous, thought he was poor today. 

Bannan - 5 -same as Lee

Fletcher - 4 - isolated, can't really blame him too much but was a poor performance, ball just didn't stick.

Forestieri - 5 - contributed defensively changing down and winning the odd ball. Offered nothing going forward.

all subs 5-6. Offered nothing really.

As a defensive team performance if give it 8/10. Frustrated them and didn't give much up, but there was no desire to keep the ball, win second balls. We looked poor today. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wearing the old blue and white tinted specs. 

I know the game plan was to stifle them,  But to not even create a half chance in 90 minutes is awful. Any chance we had to counter or put pressure on the ball we didn't take, just went backwards. 

Decent result, us in the driving seat, but what a poor performance and had Huddersfield had more up top we'd have lost that game

Edited by jonesy87shef

I know there was an obvious overall plan today, but my God that was horrible to watch. We rarely strung more than two passes together although we did defend very well. Mooy was the best player on the pitch for me.

We'll need to come out and go for it on Wednesday evening. An early goal will mean they will have to go for it and will end up exposed. 

Westwood 7 - poor kicking but rarely troubled.

Hunt 5 - tried to nip in first too often and rarely gets there. Wasteful in a couple of good positions.

Lees 9 MOM - solid.

Loovens 7 - a couple of shocking moments early on but did well after that.

Pudil 8 - did well again.

Wallace 5 - never received the ball.

Lee 5 - nothing came off for him and he was poor with the ball. Worked hard as ever which was the only positive.

Bannan 5 - as above. Non-existent really.

Reach 4 - poor. One positive run and shot but other than that offered nothing. Was also caught out defensively a couple of times.

Nando 5 - no server it all and was completely isolated.

Fletcher 4 - poor game. Not much service but extremely wasteful when he did get it. What was that shot?

Subs

Jones 4 - past it for me. Far too slow.

Rhodes 7 - held it up better than Fletch did and battled well.

Winnall - as above.

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

Eh???  We must have been watching a different game!

Evidently . He got skinned time and time again . I rate the lad a lot but I don't see how you can say he played well. Anyway don't really matter I'm pleased with the result and looking forward to Wednesday 

40 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Don't want to go on about Bannan again and he was far from our worst player today. However when we are not on top he offers nothing in the middle-he is an easy target in headers and 50/50 balls. He just isn't built for it at all.

Hopefully we are more on the front foot in the second leg and it won't be as much of an issue. 

This

9 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

I know there was an obvious overall plan today, but my God that was horrible to watch. We rarely strung more than two passes together although we did defend very well. Mooy was the best player on the pitch for me.

We'll need to come out and go for it on Wednesday evening. An early goal will mean they will have to go for it and will end up exposed. 

Westwood 7 - poor kicking but rarely troubled.

Hunt 5 - tried to nip in first too often and rarely gets there. Wasteful in a couple of good positions.

Lees 9 MOM - solid.

Loovens 7 - a couple of shocking moments early on but did well after that.

Pudil 8 - did well again.

Wallace 5 - never received the ball.

Lee 5 - nothing came off for him and he was poor with the ball. Worked hard as ever which was the only positive.

Bannan 5 - as above. Non-existent really.

Reach 4 - poor. One positive run and shot but other than that offered nothing. Was also caught out defensively a couple of times.

Nando 5 - no server it all and was completely isolated.

Fletcher 4 - poor game. Not much service but extremely wasteful when he did get it. What was that shot?

Subs

Jones 4 - past it for me. Far too slow.

Rhodes 7 - held it up better than Fletch did and battled well.

Winnall - as above.

Wouldn't rate Hunt and Pudil that far apart but otherwise I'd agree with all that. 

6 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Wouldn't rate Hunt and Pudil that far apart but otherwise I'd agree with all that. 

I think Pudil is a lot more solid. Hunt gets turned too easily. I'll credit him for going forward but let's be honest, it rarely results in anything positive at the end of it.

Edited by roundhayowl

Westwood 7 - Did everything he had to do which given Huddersfields possession want that much.

Hunt 6 - Some excellent work particularly 1st half but also some awful moments too.

Lees 8 - MOTM for me, dominant in the air.

Loovens 6 - Decent 2nd half, in sleep mode 1st half.

Wallace 5 - Offered nothing, stupid yellow card.

Lee 5 - Didn't get into the game really, he & Bannan were too lightweight for today's game plan.

Bannan 6 - Similar to Lee but got some decent tackles & blocks in.

Reach 7 - Worked hard, no great effect going forward.

Fletcher 4 - Didn't get great service but when he was involved his decision making & passing were awful.

Forestieri 5 - Not really in the game looked of the pace.

Jones 5 - If we're going to use a deep sitting midfielder to help the defence out he needs to be able to intercept passes & tackle, unfortunately he can do neither.

Rhodes 6 - Held the ball up & brought other players into the game far better than Fletcher.

Winnall 7 - Phenomenal work rate.

Personally I'd start with Rhodes & Winnall instead of Fletcher & Forestieri in the 2nd leg. Leave them in the bench as impact subs in the 2nd half if required. Rest of the team same as today.

1 hour ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Westwood 7

Hunt 8

Loovens 6

Lees 8

Pudil 8

Wallace 6

Lee 7

Bannan 7

Reach 7

FF 6

Fletcher 5

Jones 7

Winnall 8

Rhodes 7

Have you drawn those numbers out of a hat? Hunt, Pudil and Winnall 8's?? I usually don't mind a bit of unwarranted positivity and support, but let's be honest, it's a good result but Hunt and Pudil in particular were pretty bad.

Edited by Internationowl

Westwood 7

Hunt 4

Loovens 6

Lees 8

Pudil 6

Wallace 4

Lee 7

Bannan 6

Reach 6

FF 6

Fletcher 6

Jones 7

Winnall 7

Rhodes 6

Thought Wallace was shocking along with Hunt. Happy clappers won't like that but that's the truth. Reach had a poor game as did Bannan. Lees definitley MOM for me.