Poll: Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Huddersfield (1st Leg)?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Wallace
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Jones
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall

Maybe it's me? What warrants an 8 or 9 in peoples opinion? Simply coming away with a clean sheet?

For me that was a bad performance and really hard to watch. Against a more clinical side we would have lost 3 or 4 nil.

Well done to the lads for battling on and hanging in til the end, but SO casual and sloppy today!

Westwood - 7 - Had next to nothing to do, except the smart save from Wells. Distribution pretty ordinary throughout though.

Hunt - 7 - Did OK defensively, kept Van La Parra quiet. Nothing going forward however.

Lees - 7 - Defended very well throughout, but hopeless distribution. As poor as he's passed the ball all season.

Loovens - 8 - MOTM - Defended and lead the team strongly. Man of the Match by default really.

Pudil - 7 - Again, similar to Hunt, did his job on Kachunga. Odd lapse, but comfortable for the majority.

Bannan - 7 - Kept his discipline in the middle, some important tackles and interceptions. But, really careless with the ball.

Lee - 6 - Relatively poor game from Lee today. Careless in possession, and struggled to make an impact.

Reach - 7 - Helped Pudil out well defensively, which stifled him and us, offensively. Need more from him on Wednesday.

Wallace - 6 - Really quiet game. 

Forestieri - 6 - Didn't have a kick. Hassled Mooy well on occasions and won the ball in dangerous areas. But suffered from a staggering lack of support or intent from others.

Fletcher - 6 - Like FF, he was peeing in the wind today. Given a frankly impossible role up front. 

Jones - 6 - Added an element of control when he came on, but like the rest of the team, just couldn't get involved enough to have an impact.

Rhodes - 6 - Ran the channels well when he came on.

Winnall - 6 - Worked hard, but no impact really.

Overall, it was a solid, functional performance that did the job of limiting Huddersfield. But, as an attacking performance, as poor as we've been all season. I'd be surpised if our passing stats have been as bad as that all season. But, at the start of the game, most of us would've taken a 0-0 or a draw, and we've got that, playing way off our best, and without really been troubled by a Huddersfield side, who gave it a good go.

Must improve Wednesday night, and you'd have to say, we will do. Not over yet, but it's not a bad position to be in...win...at Hillsborough...in a sell out...under the lights...against Huddersfield, and we're at Wembley.

UTO

Loovens or Lees.

I'll give it to Lees, Loovens misses out due to completely missing the ball just before they hit the bar. Other than that he organised the defence well.

Just got back so I have not seen any TV coverage but it was a poor game.

Overall the game itself was more akin to an FA cup tie where an underdog is at home to a big club. The whole town seemed to have turned out and they did seem to make some noise but overall the fact that they did not win probably means they missed out on their big day.

This was certainly a day when defences were on top. They had a decent chance in each half and we had a couple of half chances and long shots but by and large we did not show nearly enough enterprise to win the game.

Westwood- 7 Did not have much to do apart from one save.

Hunt- 7 A solid performance and did not get much cover from Wallace

Loovens- 7 The odd mistake but calm and assured.

Lees- 8 Solid! MOM

Pudil- 7 Along with the rest of the defence was solid despite being busy.

Wallace- 5.5 Went missing.

Lee- 6 Did not do a lot wrong but had a quiet game overall.

Bannan- 6 Some nice touches but we were largely overrun in midfield

Reach- 5 Was pushed around all afternoon and declined opportunities to overlap/get forward.

FF- 5.5 Quiet but did not get a lot of service.

Fletcher- 5.5 Marked and hardly won anything against their central defenders..

Jones 6- Was brought on to stop them from bossing central midfield, did okay for me.

Rhodes 5.5- Yet another display with lots and no reward

Winnall 7- Impressed me with his effort

Carlos- Probably the clean sheet was the important thing for him but we have got to do more going forward given our attacking option. HT are no world beaters.

Slim pickings today.

Carlos set up not to lose, and we suffered in attack because of it. Very poor with the ball, although excellent discipline in defence. 

Gave it bannan, outnumbered but got himself everywhere, vital to stopping brown and mooy. We badly missed hutch today, him and hooper would have made that game very different. 

Westwood 7 - erratic distribution but gets in the way of everything. 

Hunt 5 - poor finish for our one good chance, Wallace left with nothing to work with today.

Lees 8 - premier league ready.

Loovens 6 - never know which Glenn you'll get, today was clumsy Loovens day out.

Pudil 6 - thought he was overrun but fair play, their right back was a nightmare. 

Wallace 5 - bypassed, spent a lot of the game helping hunt

Bannan 8 - work rate was exceptional, tried to get us going, and helped break up a very dangerous udders midfield. 

Lee 5 - looked tired, worked his nuts off but unusually poor distribution. 

Reach 6 - he always looks like the 1 player who will produce. Sacrificed his attacking game to stay tight defensively. 

Fletcher 4 - terrible. No support but I'm sorry, that's his job - hold up the ball. Didn't win a thing.

Forestieri 5 - worked hard but match sharpness not there. Can't play the hooper role, doesn't have the discipline. 

Jones 5 - meh 

Rhodes 5 - meh 

Winnall 5 - I'd have started him today, his pressing style was better suited.

Westwood - 7

Hunt - 5

Lees - 7

Loovens - 6

Pudil - 6

Wallace - 5

Lee - 5

Bannan - 5

Reach - 4

Fletcher - 5

Forestieri - 5

Rhodes - 5

Winnall - 5.5

Jones - 5

Turgid performance, but I can't help but feel that's exactly what we were going for. Neither side realistically threatened (though Westwood pulled off that fantastic save in the second half), but no doubt 'Udders were the "better team" on the day. That said, I never really thought we'd concede. We did the job it looked like we set out to do, and you can't ask for much more than that. Doesn't change that it was a poor performance in terms of a 90 minute game, but as part of the bigger picture... well done