Huddersfield Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

After a very crap nights sleep I woke up with a horrible feeling in my stomach. I somehow managed to john Wayne run to the kazi and dispatch last nights curry down it rather than on the bedroom floor. Feeling much better now, plenty of room in my stomach for some beers and no nerves. 2-0 Wednesday.

I want Wednesday to win 3-0 or more today. Give Huddersfield no chance of getting to the final. A draw and the home leg will be hard with both teams knowing they're one game away from the final. I know the second leg is at home but when a team has nothing to lose they'll throw the kitchen at sink and mistakes can happen. Happened a lot this season for us. 

C'mon Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

They will be all over us first 20 where they will score...we'll get one back mid second half

1-1 

I'd really like to think we have prepared for an initial onslaught. We need to slow it down and take the sting out. 

Excellent as always Pauli , Udders have the advantage with rappers like DJ Smile that's for sure !! A gifted rapper there !!!! Lets hope they play as good as he can rap !! Or should that be c rap !!! Come on Boys big big big performance today show them all we are Sheffield Wednesday and we are on our way back , 

It will be tight, and i expect Huddersfield to press from the off as they know it might be their best chance over the 180 minutes, and will want an advantage going to Hillsborough. 

I hope we can pick them off as the game goes on and we certainly have the better options to do this from the bench.

16 minutes ago, soldierowl said:

I live 4 miles from Huddersfield and the wife was kept awake by an owl last night - hopefully a good omen.

Living 4 miles from Huddersfield, she should be used to being woken up by Nora Batty chasing Compo with a sweeping brush.

lol

Pauli bringing his A game at just the right time. Brilliant OMDT old chap.

There's a quiet optimism in the atmosphere today. Last season we threw everything we had into reaching Wembley, from the start of the season to the very last kick of the ball, and we came up short. This season has been more workmanlike, more professional - if a bit plodding at times - and we arrive at the first leg of the semi-finals having seen it all before, worn the T-shirt, etc, and with a better, more experienced, and far more rested squad of players. We're not in this to make up the numbers, we're here to win the barsteward!

To feck with caution, let's batter the blighters!

4-1 to the Owls. BRING IT ON!