Huddersfield Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

We're So Boring Aren't We. At least Hull are Relegated.

Just think of Hull last season...Mmm

3 minutes ago, themaskedowl said:

hmmm, well can't be too disappointed with the score but puzzled with the performance. 

We did a great job of frustrating them but, we showed very little going forward. A couple of half chances was about it.

Spot on TMO.

Reach was disappointing and we did not put their keeper under any pressure at all.

Players clearly fighting their instinct to attack which just ended up in misplaced passing and hopeful balls down the channels.

Our crowd was quiet but will more than make up for it on Wednesday night.

Guest Coyt

Think it summed up how much we missed Hutchinson in midfield we had no bite at all, letting Mooy dictate play.

That said, another clean sheet and still up for grabs, I'm pretty sure Carlos will go with a more positive approach and been at Hillsborough its actually advantage us!

2 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Think it summed up how much we missed Hutchinson in midfield we had no bite at all, letting Mooy dictate play.

That said, another clean sheet and still up for grabs, I'm pretty sure Carlos will go with a more positive approach and been at Hillsborough its actually advantage us!

We missed hooper today nothing stuck upfront 

Guest Coyt
Just now, stocksyuto said:

We missed hooper today nothing stuck upfront 

Yeah agree with that aswell

We defended well apart from a few heart in the mouth moments (Loovens' air kick in the first half and a few dodgy tackles second half), but absolutely no constructive play whatsoever.  The result is as much as we could have expected bearing in mind that performance, but it's all set up for a barnstorming performance on Wednesday and a trip to Wembley on the 29th when this time we have to turn up and perform.  We can beat Reading or Fulham (sorry Barcelona) with the right approach and a good team performance on the day.

Edited by Kevan

That was a tough watch TBH. A lot will be said about Huddersfield dominating possession and little about them being a boring dirty side which stick the boot and head in. We get the yellow cards but how Hefele and Wells avoided them was a joke. Wells could've done Loovens ankle with that late challenge when he left one on him?

Is Hutch fit for Wed night?  We need to break them up further up the pitch. I'm sure Carlos knows this. Pleased he rested Nando for last 20. We will really need him at his best if Hoops is still out. Carlos said in his press conference that we had to be functional but I didn't think he meant like that. Different game on Wed night - let's see if we can bring back the Hillsborough Roar. Safe journey home everyone. 

Huddersfield like to knock it around and retain possession but don't have the cutting edge upfront.  I think overall we dealt with them fairly well defensively and we set up not to concede.  We got what we came for now let's finish it off on Wednesday evening.