Dissent

After the game wasn't much on, choice between either Escape to the country or Rugby League so I watched the rugby. Near the end the was a fight between pretty much all the players. Ref walks up and tells them to break it up which they did fairly quickly. Ref then tells a player involved in the incident and had a bit to say to walk away which he did. Then ref gets captains together and tells them to calm their players down or else. One of the captains chats back to be told by the ref shut up i'm talking. Player shut up. It finished with the players saying yes sir to the ref and they carry on playing

Just now, modboy said:

Noticed hudds players whinging at the ref all game today 

This. 

Constantly badgering the ref every single time there was a foul. 

Thought there were a couple of nawty challenges on Nando in the first half. 

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I don't know why this cannot happen in football as well. Mike the refs up as well so everybody can hear what's being said. The rules in Rugby are much more complicated than football ,(i know very little about Rugby) and the ref explains why he has given the decision. It works so why not football? The players would learn very quickly. 

In rugby from what I've seen the ref's word is final and respected by the players. Also there doesn't seem to be all this crap about the player has 7 days to appeal as in football. In rugby it seems that players are carded or put on report and a couple of days later they are up in front of the disciplinary board and banned or not. If the ref says it happened it happened until proved otherwise