A letter to Lee Bullen

33 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A bit gushing and cringey.

Half expected the Op to end with he loves him.

Also fear that the Op has a room covered in pictures of Lee ala Jackie Merrick/Alan Partridge.

lol

Christ, imagine an image of Lee's face being the first thing you see in the morning and the last thing you see at night before lights out!!!!

lol

Guest Coyt
34 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A bit gushing and cringey.

Half expected the Op to end with he loves him.

Also fear that the Op has a room covered in pictures of Lee ala Jackie Merrick/Alan Partridge.

lol

Haha one of my most favourite episodes that one! 

Just having visions of Lee trying to start an old Rover 25 in a countrylane whilst the op chases him in nothing but Fruit Of The Loom underpants

Mcmigo: Aye up bully remember me from owls in the park.

Bullen: Yea I remember you, how you doing?

Mcmigo: Good thanks, I followed you after we left the park.

Bullen: Oh rayt, what's your Twitter so I can follow you back.

Mcmigo: What's Twitter? 

*Awkward silence*

Mcmigo: By the way your out of milk. But don't worry I've left a note on your door to remind you to get some.

Written in blood.

I got from you cat.

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Dear Lee

Before the play offs, a letter from a supporter.

As someone who grew up in the glory days under sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Tricky Trev and that glorious squad of players, I have been blessed to see us compete at the highest level. It is fair to say the last 16 years have been a long 16 years outside of the top flight, including of course our stints in League 1.

We now find ourselves on the brink once more of a return to the top flight and no one at this club deserves that more than you. 

a 33 year old utility player signed for free from Scotland, having never played in England, didn't get me very interested to be honest. We were skint and Chris Turner had to put a squad together with virtually no money. I am guessing if we hadn't been so skint you wouldn't have even been on the radar. 

But you battled your way into the side at centre back and when chris marsden had to retire took on the captains role. You were outstanding in our promotion season, leading our young squad with future stars like brunt and whelan on and off the pitch. In the play offs you were terrific and were commanding in that final.  The picture of you lifting that trophy is iconic.

a year older, a bit slower, you gamely battled in the Championship but your game was starting to fade a bit. But whenever you were called on you battled like hell, none more so than your legendary stint in goals at Millwall. Another year ticked by and at 35 you were still going, filling in wherever you were asked to play, helping the squad and leading them off the pitch.

Your farewell to swfc was emotional for us all, you were key to us stopping that slide and starting the recovery process.

i always hoped you would come back and was chuffed when you starting coaching our young players. The outstanding results they are now achieving are a credit to you and the coaching staff. 

We were all a bit sceptical when we hired a manager from Portugal we had never heard of , but he is a smart cookie and got you alongside him as part of his team. You deserved that promotion. And the last two years have been terrific as Carlos you and the team have brought us hope again. 

So good luck this weekend Lee Bullen. You are an outstanding football man, a true owls legend, and if anyone deserves to go up , it's you.

Wonderful letter mate. Should print this only a banner and fly it over the Cop next Wednesday. When we go up (hopefully this year) the dedication and gifts that Lee Bullen brings to the players, especially the fantastic crop of young talent coming through, will play a big part keeping us up. Money will only go so far trying to compete with Chelsea and Man City.  We will need our inspirational coaches much more. Yes, this man deserves every praise we can give him. I so hope we do it for him. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

His farewell wasn't emotional for me.

As a player he was dire.

Maybe in his last but certainly not in the first three. IIRC he was a key defender in the 2006/07 defence that had a tilt at the play-offs

3 hours ago, vulva said:

I'm really not sure what this is. 

What is it?

Gusher man innit? Gusher man in full flow. 

Were different in my day. Blokes couldn't get away with that arty stuff. You just couldn't do it. There was a line...and well quite frankly the line has been absolutely obliterated here.

While I can sort of understand the sentiment....Its a bit sorta....dunno how to put it really...err..a bit sorta...like what..uuuumm.... a young boy at Eton, would write to..an...errr...older boy at Eton ..in 1876....

Edited by asteener1867

6 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Wonderful letter mate. Should print this only a banner and fly it over the Cop next Wednesday. When we go up (hopefully this year) the dedication and gifts that Lee Bullen brings to the players, especially the fantastic crop of young talent coming through, will play a big part keeping us up. Money will only go so far trying to compete with Chelsea and Man City.  We will need our inspirational coaches much more. Yes, this man deserves every praise we can give him. I so hope we do it for him. 

He'll have to hire a 777X to pull a banner that size!

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He'll have to hire a 777X to pull a banner that size!

Yes a bit extreme this. I'm sure at the 84 semi at Highbury there was a banner from the Park and Arbourthorne Owls that seemed to fill the entire end of the ground.  Did I imagine this?  

6 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Yes a bit extreme this. I'm sure at the 84 semi at Highbury there was a banner from the Park and Arbourthorne Owls that seemed to fill the entire end of the ground.  Did I imagine this?  

Think you might have...I was there an can't remember being covered by a banner