U23's match update

I missed the early goal from George Hirst so assumed it was 0-0 on my late arrival. Hull were the bigger side and seemed to have the edge when a long ball from Dawson caused panic in the Hull back line and Hirst profited superbly going to the right and drilling in what I thought was the opener. Hull still had the edge and their fake equaliser from the spot was not undeserved just before half time.

It was during the break we discovered that Wednesday held the lead thanks to that early strike. Liam Williams had had a superb first half, breaking up many Hull raids. Breaking superbly and some clever distribution. So it came as just reward when he rose superbly to head Wednesday into a 3-1 lead at the midway stage of the second half. Throughout the second half Hull did not lay down and it was due to a good few superb saves from Cameron Dawson that they were not able to find a way back into the game. Towards the end Wednesday squandered three great chances to extend their lead.

MOM for me was Liam Williams with Cameron Dawson and George Hirst not far behind.     

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
ommision

Great performance. First time I have watched them this season and very workmanlike side who have quality in all areas. Stand out players for me were Matt Penney and Liam Williams. Its was nice to see the team spirit and togetherness in abundance. Fully deserved to win the game, lets hope its a further motivation for the first team.