U23's match update

9 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

What needs to be done to get to the next academy level? Are we a stil quite a distance away or is it realistic that we could get there in the next few seasons. 

sorry o don't really understand this

In terms of how close we are, I really don't know, maybe a question for the next steering group meeting? I'm sure if we get promoted to the PL it would hasten our category 1 status.

This document lists all the requirements, it's over 100 pages WTF:   https://www.goalreports.com/EPLPlan.pdf

I was really impressed with Matt Penney. Seems to have a great turn of pace and he was gliding past players with ease tonight. Some great marauding runs from the back. Was hoping he could grab himself a goal to be honest.

Was also impressed with Liam Williams at the back. Looked strong in the air and really composed with the ball at his feet. Couple of great last ditch tackles too.

2 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

In terms of how close we are, I really don't know, maybe a question for the next steering group meeting? I'm sure if we get promoted to the PL it would hasten our category 1 status.

This document lists all the requirements, it's over 100 pages WTF:   https://www.goalreports.com/EPLPlan.pdf

Thanks for that. 

Hundred pages you say? 

Ill read that tomorrow 

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

What needs to be done to get to the next academy level? Are we a stil quite a distance away or is it realistic that we could get there in the next few seasons. 

sorry o don't really understand this

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

It's a good question I think many of us are in the same boat

1 hour ago, OwlLuke said:

Regarding how close we are or how much needs to be done to achieve Cat 1, Scram  (who'd know better than most) had a bit to say about it a while back and at the time it seemed that quite a lot would need to happen including a lot of financial outlay (and more land too iirc) that probably wasn't worth it right now. If we manage to get promoted and stay there then maybe. I'm happy for someone to correct me on this if more recent info is available. 

Matt Penney and George Hirst look like first teamers of the future and I think a few of the others will also have good careers in football.

The likes of Jack Stobbs, Liam Williams, Jordan Thorniley all did well last night , and if it were 2011/12 a lot of these lads would have been pushing for the first team squad but the standards are much higher now.

Big praise to all concerned as the youth set up is light years better than 5 or 6 years ago, we actually have some REAL prospects now.

Edited by sheriwozgod