Can I firstly start by congratulating CC on steering us into the playoffs under immense pressure. After the Barnsley game I'd have been quite happy for DC to pull the trigger but I've always wanted CC to turn it round and he's done it at the most crucial time of the season, that shows the character of the man and this team.

Onto the playoffs.

Last season I don't think we were prepared mentally for the final and the big game experience from Hull's players proved pivotal on the day. This year we'll be the team with the experienced and big game players.

One question that the other teams haven't answered yet is have they got the bottle? Whenever Reading and Huddersfield have had the chance to put pressure on the top 2 they've faltered. Fulham have had a good run going but have been helped by the Leeds collapse and our mid-season dip. We on the other hand have had to take the bull by the horns in the last 7 games and came to the fore when it mattered most.

All the experts and neutrals have got Fulham running away with it at a canter, but I know where I'll be putting my money....

Back against us at your peril.

WAWAW

Im not sure why any experts would have Fulham running away with it, as you say we are the team to watch in my opinion, we have the experience, form and depth of squad.

I put a bet on us back in August and a joint bet for us and the blunts to get promotion - I think I am going to collect that money.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we lost our heads in a couple of big games this season, Brighton and Leeds. Hopefully we have learnt from that. 

I saw us as a little unlucky in both the Leeds games?

30 minutes ago, mindingthegap2012 said:

The 2 penalties in Leeds away and Brighton away cost us. Brighton were just better than us at Hillsborough.

Brighton and Leeds away are the games I'm thinking of. Brighton was a meltdown.

Brighton were better at Hillsborough but we still managed to miss from a yard

I'll probably get pelters for this but as far as I'm concerned the playoffs were the minimum we all expected this season.

As far as I'm concerned the next 3 games will make or break the future of CC. Let's hope the recent good form continues, and we don't slump back into the bad habits that we've seen for most of the season.

23 hours ago, Eightace said:

We've got the bottle and I believe we'll win if we get to the final but against Huddersfield it will be anyone's game and might come down to luck more than anything.

In all fairness, it's more than likely the final will be 'anyone's' game as it's a one off match. Against Udd's though, we've got 2 stabs at it. 

I'm utterly convinced we've enough to get past Udd's over 2 legs. Why? Our squad depth and underlying quality throughout it. 

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 13:05, mindingthegap2012 said:

The 2 penalties in Leeds away and Brighton away cost us. Brighton were just better than us at Hillsborough.

^^^^^

This. Agreed. The loss at Brighton was the worst as we had the game pretty much won and there was no need for Fletcher to get himself sent off. At that time we were bossing the game and only one outcome was on the cards. Then Hutch gets sent off and we lose 2 key players to suspension. It wasn't just the three points lost although we did get 7 points from the next three games it could have been worse.

32 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

^^^^^

This. Agreed. The loss at Brighton was the worst as we had the game pretty much won and there was no need for Fletcher to get himself sent off. At that time we were bossing the game and only one outcome was on the cards. Then Hutch gets sent off and we lose 2 key players to suspension. It wasn't just the three points lost although we did get 7 points from the next three games it could have been worse.

The trigger was missing the penalty and going down 2-1 to ten men. 

4 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

In all fairness, it's more than likely the final will be 'anyone's' game as it's a one off match. Against Udd's though, we've got 2 stabs at it. 

I'm utterly convinced we've enough to get past Udd's over 2 legs. Why? Our squad depth and underlying quality throughout it. 

I think in a one off game we have the experience and bottle to win.

Over two games I think anything could go wrong.

It could be anyone's game in the final as you say but i just feel more confident of winning the final than I do of beating Huddersfield.