Huddersfield Away Leg Ticket News

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The main reason being that they are contractually entitled to get them.  That is part of the deal.  Part of the perk.

And it is a worthwhile perk of having the box that is valued by box holders.

How do you think the conversation would've gone at the start of the season?

"So you want me to pay £30,000 + VAT for a box?"

"Yes"

"So you've put up the price, you want the money all in one go and you've took away my priority on away matches that box holders have had for the past 20 years?"

"Yes"

Come on get real!!!!

Corporate customers get priority in every single football club because they pay more money!

Customers that pay more money get better deals in every single business!!!!

If you bet £10K per month with Ladbrokes you get invited on racedays for free.

If you put £10K per month into your bank account they give you a better bank account.

You even get more discount at a supermarket if you spend more money!

I mean come on, get in the real world!

Case closed.

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

So should a South Stand ST holder be first on the queue over Kop and North Stand ST holders because they've paid more? 

No. Firstly the difference is negligible.

Most importantly, it wasn't part of their agreed deal.

Box holders getting priority is CONTRACTUALLY AGREED!!! 

Why is this so so difficult to comprehend?

As I out in matchday thread...

I will tell you exactly what has happened here.

Wednesday do not have many corporate customers left.

The corporate customers we do have will have emailed the club very early this week saying they wanted tickets for the away match - like I did.

The ticket office is used to corporate customers taking tickets for away matches.

The ticket office will have known exactly (150-300 max) how many tickets our corporate would require prior to them calculating the allocation and then Tweeting it.

Our ticket office are very good at it and ALWAYS get it spot on.

At least 1,700 tickets left for people who have been to 28 away matches & cup games in 2 seasons and this isn't enough!?!?!?

We average just over 2,000 away from home.

Hmmmmm......

The players & staff have taken a MASSIVE chunk of tickets unexpectedly.

The ticket office is getting grief and thinks tweeting it is down to 'corporate' is marginally more palatable than saying players and staff have had them all.

This is absolutely the nail on the head.

19 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

As I out in matchday thread...

I will tell you exactly what has happened here.

Wednesday do not have many corporate customers left.

The corporate customers we do have will have emailed the club very early this week saying they wanted tickets for the away match - like I did.

The ticket office is used to corporate customers taking tickets for away matches.

The ticket office will have known exactly (150-300 max) how many tickets our corporate would require prior to them calculating the allocation and then Tweeting it.

Our ticket office are very good at it and ALWAYS get it spot on.

At least 1,700 tickets left for people who have been to 28 away matches & cup games in 2 seasons and this isn't enough!?!?!?

We average just over 2,000 away from home.

Hmmmmm......

The players & staff have taken a MASSIVE chunk of tickets unexpectedly.

The ticket office is getting grief and thinks tweeting it is down to 'corporate' is marginally more palatable than saying players and staff have had them all.

This is absolutely the nail on the head.

We average just shy of 2500 away from home, that's not just over 2000.

2 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

We average just shy of 2500 away from home, that's not just over 2000.

Ok.

how many do you think have been to 28 additional matches or more????

previous high demand matches indicates it is inder 1,000.

the numbers are nowhere near.

out ticket office does not make mistakes like this.

what do you think @Sam779?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

I don't know to be honest.

I expect that they calculated that everyone who wanted one could have them in the first 2 categories.  So 2,000 people (minus away ST, corporate) had 740 TPP.  The reason they expected it to go to the 3rd phase of sales was allowing for a % to not buy who could have and this would have been worked out like all season.

I'd be interested to know how many people with 740 TPP missed out because I would expect it to be very few.  Most people would have bought 1100-1130 just to be sure.

Maybe Barry Bannan (fictional example as been mentioned about the final last season) decided he wanted 10 more and that is why they sold out.  Find this difficult to believe as players are usually asked how many they want for a fixture before ticket sales are announced.  They're limited too - so if my mate was to ask Semedo (another fictional example because he loves all fans) for a ticket he wouldn't be able to pull extra out of thin air or preorder above his quota.

I just think it has all been a genuine mistake.

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

It's just the disappointment Andy (like small print on a Willy Wonka golden ticket)

There were always gonna be people that were disappointed. too many fans too few tickets

I had 730pts so missed out sadly. There's probably people out there with more than 730 who have missed out as well.

If Wednesday think that a corporate sponsor or a family member of a player is more worthy of a ticket than a fan that's been to more than half the away games over the past 2 season, then they should check their priorities. Shame on Wednesday. Get used to it though because if we go up this could be a fortnightly occurrence.

Away leg ticket just arrived in todays post, can't fault TO staff for processing and despatch. After yesterdays wee wee tail up I thought they deserved a bit of praise when they get stuff right, well done.