Huddersfield Away Leg Ticket News

4 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

But in the ticket offices defence, what are they supposed to do? Sell tickets that don't exist? If they're sold out, They're sold out.

Or ... Not state a bracket they can be sold out in, hence giving hope to what I would have thought would be a large amount of people , before then just shrugging and saying they got their figures wrong. 

Pathetic

I'd really have to just accept it as being a genuine mistake if it was one, but you just know a fair chunk of tickets will have gone to people not deserving of one - i.e. agents, ex-players (Lee Peacock at Brighton last year), and others with inside contacts.

That's what they probably didn't count on when calculating when the tickets would sell out.

4 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Or ... Not state a bracket they can be sold out in, hence giving hope to what I would have thought would be a large amount of people , before then just shrugging and saying they got their figures wrong. 

Pathetic

I was referring to the 'shrugged their shoulders' comment, when it's sold out, theirs nothing they can do, also it isn't the staff selling that set the TPP and do the calculations. 

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I'd really have to just accept it as being a genuine mistake if it was one, but you just know a fair chunk of tickets will have gone to people not deserving of one - i.e. agents, ex-players (Lee Peacock at Brighton last year), and others with inside contacts.

That's what they probably didn't count on when calculating when the tickets would sell out.

Good point - likely that the calculations were based on the full 2k being available to paying fans rather than some being creamed off for players...

13 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

But in the ticket offices defence, what are they supposed to do? Sell tickets that don't exist? If they're sold out, They're sold out.

I agree there was nothing that could be done at the time but it's the pre planning piece that has let people down. Advertising it couldn't sell out until the 1pm block has mislead people.

As others have said TO staff are usually spot on and no issue.

The biggest frustration in all this is the likelihood is neither match is going to be a true sell-out despite both teams away followings capable of 4K-5k. These should be the show piece games of the championship played in front of huge home and away followings. Whoever signed off on £2k each wants their heads looking at as football is the real loser in it all.

Sympathy for ticket office staff. Have to say a job well done though, those deserving a ticket on points got a ticket. Demand meant no phase 2 tickets.

May still be boxes available £450 to £1595 ( groups of 10 ) cat E to A don't know if any are left. Can't imagine that this is a cat A game with ground tickets at £20.

17 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Confirmed that the tickets were sold earlier than they thought was possible because they've given loads to 'corporate guests'

What a joke. 

If that is the case then this is the biggest joke of the lot and not the fact that the ticket office got their sums wrong

The fact that "corporate" tail tuggers are taking the place of fans who have followed the club up and down the country is just plain wrong

Corporate bell ends shouldnt be ahead of us who spend their hard earned cash each and every year. People taking time off work etc and spending thousands every year and people who probably spend nothing and arent really bothered can jump ahead. not exactly looking after the lifeblood of the club is it 

13 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If that is the case then this is the biggest joke of the lot and not the fact that the ticket office got their sums wrong

The fact that "corporate" tail tuggers are taking the place of fans who have followed the club up and down the country is just plain wrong

I think I need to add some perspective here.

• Firstly all box holders (that have paid at least £30,000 + VAT) are CONTRACTUALLY entitled to the option of buying 10 tickets per match.
  • Secondly, the vast majority of Wednesday box holders are proper supporters.
  • Wednesday box holders including Chansiri, Hooper and Westwood cannot number more than 15 which totals 150 tickets.
  • All seat holders in Dooley's are also contractually entitled to a ticket.  I believe that this season that doesn't number more than 30.
  • Therefore, not many of the 2,000 tickets went to proper corporate customers and surely you can understand why the club give them priority for the money they spend.

The one thing I would say that I am struggling to see that more than 1,500 Wednesday supporters have been to more than 28 additional matches on top of season tickets in the last two years.  Therefore, I suspect that a lot of tickets have gone to players etc.  I am struggling to see why they should get priority over loyal supporters.

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Corporate bell ends shouldnt be ahead of us who spend their hard earned cash each and every year. People taking time off work etc and spending thousands every year and people who probably spend nothing and arent really bothered can jump ahead. not exactly looking after the lifeblood of the club is it 

Come on don't be so naïve.

Why should corporate fans who haven't been to an away game all season get priority over normal fans who've been to a dozen?

Because they've paid more money? How about giving South Stand ST holders more priority than North Stand ST holders?

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Why should corporate fans who haven't been to an away game all season get priority over normal fans who've been to a dozen?

Because they've paid more money? How about giving South Stand ST holders more priority than North Stand ST holders?

Rules were in place at the start of the season. Assumption that corporate away tickets don't get taken up. I too would love to have gone the only argument I have is clubs agreeing to artificial reduction of travelling away fans. Conversely this gives our POTD fans more of a shot at turning up for the big home games. Generally, I'm happy though ! 

30 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

The main reason being that they are contractually entitled to get them.  That is part of the deal.  Part of the perk.

And it is a worthwhile perk of having the box that is valued by box holders.

How do you think the conversation would've gone at the start of the season?

"So you want me to pay £30,000 + VAT for a box?"

"Yes"

"So you've put up the price, you want the money all in one go and you've took away my priority on away matches that box holders have had for the past 20 years?"

"Yes"

Come on get real!!!!

Corporate customers get priority in every single football club because they pay more money!

Customers that pay more money get better deals in every single business!!!!

If you bet £10K per month with Ladbrokes you get invited on racedays for free.

If you put £10K per month into your bank account they give you a better bank account.

You even get more discount at a supermarket if you spend more money!

I mean come on, get in the real world!