Gary hooper

1 hour ago, Dylan93 said:

"If Hooper is out" He's not Ronaldo! Yes, he's been like a new signing, linking the team together and being a constant threat, BUT! We can still win games. We still have enough to go up! The midfield will always be the key. 

At the beginning of the season it was a shambles. Far too many players when he can only pick 4. Carlos couldn't pick his best formula. April has been by far our most consistent month of the season and that's without Fessi and Hutch. It had a lovely balance with Reach, Wall, Ban, Lee/Jones and even Semedo. 

Agreed.

Our midfield has been perfectly balanced recently. Let's keep it that way.

22 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Comical Ali was the bounder was he not? seem to remember from the news broadcasts of the time (as opposed to Chemical Ali who gassed his own countrymen)

"We have not been hit. There have been no hits at all. We still hold the area and everything continues as it was" he'd say, stood infront of a half mile crater where a factory used to stand , with smoke billowing all around.

2 hours ago, SBOwl said:

So why has his injury been leaked to the press?

Can only go on what I've been told. I was told a couple of days before the star leaked it. As another poster will vouch for. But unless this Treatment abroad is a faith healer then he's not playing in the semis.

2 hours ago, SBOwl said:

So why has his injury been leaked to the press?

A couple of people had been tweeting midweek, before the Fulham game, that Hooper had been seen on crutches. Doom Howson only needed to look at the #swfc latest on twatter. His car not moving from the training ground is a good indications something's wrong.

14 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Can only go on what I've been told. I was told a couple of days before the star leaked it. As another poster will vouch for. But unless this Treatment abroad is a faith healer then he's not playing in the semis.

Real shame. 

Eileen Drewery then hopefully.

Would be a huge blow of course.

But we have built a squad with depth this season.

How many teams could lose a player like Hooper and have options as good as Rhodes, Fernando, Winnall to come in and replace.

On a positive note. Though the loss of Hooper and his ability to drop in and link the play is a negative, the re emergence of Lee, who looks as fresh as I have seen him since last season, is a massive bonus. His ability to get between the lines and link the play himself with his awareness and cuteness in tight spots has been a massive boost to us and the way we're playing.