Poll: Man of the Match vs Fulham...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Fulham  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Fulham?

• Wildsmith
    • Palmer
    • Sasso
    • Semedo
    • Fox
    • Lee
    • Jones
    • Hutchinson
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Matias
    • Buckley
    • Emanuelson
    • Nuhiu

Wildsmith - 6, Thought it was a really soft goal he let in, but made one excellent save in the 2nd half vs Ayite to tip it onto the crossbar and a decent one vs Martin in the 1st half, looked more confident as the game went on. The lack of game time seems to have hindered his development, struggled vs Middlesborough in his last appearance if I remember too.

Palmer - 7, One of our better players today, worked hard and didn't look troubled defensively in a an unfamiliar unit, looked much better offensively on the counter with Buckley ahead of him, Matias offered nothing 1st half going forward so harder for Palmer to get involved. 

Sasso - 6, Ok, could have been tighter for the first goal, hard to look good when your on the back foot for most of the game, made a few decent tackles but most of there chances were from wider players getting too much time/space on the ball.

Semedo - 6, See above ^ did much better than I thought he would.

Fox - 4, Not at the races today, i now understand why he hasn't been in the squad...positioning was really poor but never looked comfortable with Lee then Winnall ahead of him...inexperience showed.

Matias - 3, Just why...first start in over a year and finally a chance to do something and he gets sent off for a stupid/needless tackle just before HT. He was doing ok like everybody else up until that, result meant nothing anyway but it's just a shame to end his time here like that, like the rest of us I just wanted him to show us what maybe could have been.

Jones - 6, Never going to work with both Jones & Hutchinson in a midfield 2, especially when we need to score and down to 10 men. Played his role well, sat back, passed the ball, tackled well but like many others found it hard to get involved in the game.

Hutchinson - 6, See above ^ Missed his passion & tackling so much though, love the man! Looks ready to do a job for us in the playoffs.

Lee - 7, created the goal, worked hard, tireless performance up until he went off, guessing CC didn't want him to waste his energy...missed this kid. 

Winnall - 7, Took his goal very well and then worked very hard all game in an unfamiliar role...for me this is why i'd have him on the bench over Nuhiu, work rate is excellent and has that fight in him you need in cagey games. 

Rhodes - 6, Struggled alone up top, never got going like the rest of the team.

Subs/ 

Ruby & Buckley - Both looked lively when coming on, in hindsight maybe should have started...Urby lives!

Overall in what was effectively a 'dead rubber' today we were well beaten and easily the second best team on the pitch. I'm not too disappointed in how we played, Fulham played a strong team and I thought if it wasn't for Matias stupid tackle the match would have gone on to finish in a draw. Second half it was all them, we just seemed to sit back and limit the damage which could have been much worse if Fulham were more clinical only the rare moment of hope on the counter. Atmosphere was relaxed and nice to see all the players at the end, felt more like a testimonial than a final game of the season to be honest. Anyway all that matters is almost everyone is fully fit and we've managed to draw Udders in the semi's which for me was our best option, bring on the playoffs!

I also think that Wildsmith deserves some credit for a couple of great blocks. He was left horribly exposed for the first goal - Jones seemed indecisive all day and was in no man's land marking nobody when the boy ghosted in behind him to score. If Jones had been more aware, he could have dealt with that. That apart, Wildsmith went on to  keep the score quite respectable when it could have been far worse. 

Other stand out candidate for me was Semedo - strong, decisive, led by example. Still just love the guy.

Not sure the game was worth the 400 mile round trip - but a lovely day out in the sunshine all the same!

Lee gets my vote. First 20min we were slicing through them and he was the reason. All got a bit stodgy after we scored.

Honourable mentions for Semedo (brick wall), Winnall (one chance, one nice goal) and Adthe when he came on (ran himself ragged playing endless piggy-in-the-middle with their CBs and goalie).

Enjoyed Hutch's general cut & thrust today but thought a couple of tackles verged on reckless. He looked a bit narked off to me - pure speculation but maybe he felt he should've been bubble-wrapped today too.

Wildsmith looked pretty wobbly to me first half, but increasingly grew into the game. Would like to see him communicate more and command the area better (don't think I've ever seen him open his gob in a game), but obviously he's very young and that'll come. Couple of very good brave stops today.

Urby looked surprisingly sharp given he hadn't played in a year or whatever. Quick feet, very attacking. Could be useful off the bench in certain specific scenarios.

Rhodes badly needs a couple of 'big' goals, he was really chugging today and looked a bit flat. Worked hard nonetheless. Fairytale logic says playoffs are his time to shine.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Wildsmith 6 - Decent save in the second half. Thought he could have done better with the first goal.

Palmer 6 Nothing majorly wrong, just drifted in and out.

Sasso  5 Not his best game. Thought he should have scored from a corner, put his chance straight at their keeper.

Semedo 7 Played well

Fox 5 Get an extra mark for a block in the second half, which stopped them scoring.

Mathias 5 Didn't really notice him until the red card, stupid challenge. 

Hutchinson 6 Couple of decent long range passes

Jones 6 Tidy enough

Lee 7 As you expect from Lee, good runs forward. Tidy with the ball, sets up a goal. 

Rhodes 5 Never really got going.

Winnall 6 Took his goal well, good work rate. Wasn't really a game for any of our forward players, didn't really have enough of the ball to get them in the game.

All in all a difficult game to rate the players really. For a few reasons it being a dead rubber, us having ten men and not really having the ball. Fulham created a lot of chances, but were wasteful in front of goal, along with some good blocks by our players it kept the score down.

Wildsmith - 5 - Very, very shaky throughout. Usually very assured, but looked nervy yesterday. Good save late on however.

Palmer - 6 - Did alright, nothing offensively of any note really.

Sasso - 6 - Steady game.

Semedo - 6 - Looked fairly comfortable.

Fox - 5 - Started the game very well, and was on top of their right winger. Dropped off for the goal, got caught out and struggled thereafter. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Good, combative performance. Looked fit and ready to play.

Jones - 6 - Another steady, if unspectacular display.

Matias - 5 - Started the game well, but moment of stupidity. It was never a red card, but the tackle itself was totally needless.

Lee - 7 - Some superb moments of brilliance. Such a gifted player.

Winnall - 6 - Took his goal well, but sacrificed to play out wide when Matias was dismissed, and we never saw him from that moment.

Rhodes - 6 - Another pretty "meh" performance.

All-in-all, a pretty pointless day of football all round. Wednesday couldn't have cared any less about the result, and the players all did alright. 

Dead rubber result for me - wasn't too fussed about the line up and thought the players out there held their own against a full strength Fulham side so fair play to those that played

thought Semedo did well at centre back alongside Sasso.

Would have liked to have seen more of Urby Urby .. wonder what will happen with him over the summer

Are we allowed 'minus' scores?if so, its got to be one for Matias. Up to the outrageus tackle which deserved its subsequent Red - you don't make a tackle like that in front of a referee who had already shown an unwillingness to dish out yellow cards to teams involved  in play-offs -we were outplaying a Fulham side that were up for it from the start. You cannot beat a side like that with ten men.  

And what has Palmer done to upset the rest of the team? Time after time he beat their full back with delicious little flicks or through balls , but time after time he was ignored by the rest of the side. Wallace would have had a field day with him today.