Poll: Man of the Match vs Fulham...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Fulham  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Fulham?

• Wildsmith
    • Palmer
    • Sasso
    • Semedo
    • Fox
    • Lee
    • Jones
    • Hutchinson
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Matias
    • Buckley
    • Emanuelson
    • Nuhiu

Stand out men today:

(1) Winnall for his shocking attempt at parking his shiny BMW. My gran could've parked better and she couldn't even drive. Well done on the goal though so you're forgiven. 

(2) Hutch for his elegant 6yd sliding tackle on his own daughter in his flip flops after the match. Legend. 

Wildsmith  -  6   Couple of decent saves, but still very inexperienced,  I hope we have swerved a bullet in not having an experienced back up keeper all season

Palmer  -  6   Gave his man far too much time and space , came alive last 15 mins

Sasso   -  5   Poor today IMHO

Semedo   -  7  Pick of the back 4, always thought he could be a decent back up defender for us.

Fox  -  4   looks like he is playing a division above his standard to be honest

Lee   -   7   Great to have him back, another valuable 60 mins under his belt

Jones  -  5   Not my cup of Earl Grey this guy.................backs off too much , never got into Cairney`s face once all game and slow in possession.

Hutchinson  -  6   poor in possession at times, but today was more about getting him ready for the play offs where I would pick him at centre half.

Mattias   -   5    Was doing OK til the challenge which effectively lost us the game, couldn't really see how bad it was.

Rhodes   -   5   A bit disappointing today to be honest , thought he needed to work much harder when we were down to ten.

Winnall   -  7   Just shaded MOM for me,  great finish and played out of position second half without any fuss and worked hard throughout.......sorry Athde fans but he should be on the bench for play offs

Buckley  -  6    Tried to be positive

Emmanuelson  -  6   Crazy that he hasn't figured at all when you look at his CV

Nuhiu  -  6   Worked hard when he came on

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

Very similar to the Wolves games last year - we were second best and it was pretty much a waste of time. We are fortunate that Hudders lost really as it gives us the home advantage for the second leg. I know there is a bigger picture at play, but we got hammered today and it was painful to watch. As soon as you saw the line-up you knew we would struggle. I thought that Fulham were very good and Cairney was the best player on the pitch by far. I'm glad we are playing Hudders rather than them in the semi finals.

Anyhow, on to the next two games now which is what really matters.

Wildsmith 6 - One great save but other than that I thought he looked shaky to be honest.

Palmer 6 - Did well enough and looked composed on the ball.

Semedo 7 MOM - I thought he did well and was very composed with his distribution.

Sasso 6 - did ok but not the best distribution form him.

Fox 2 - appalling. Worst player on the pitch.

Lee 7 - was our only positive player in midfield and showed some class at times.

Hutch 4 - poor. I really do think he is better at CB.

Jones 4 - poor. Too slow.

Matias 0 - idiotic. I hope he gets docked a months' wages for that.

Winall 7 - played well first half and took his goal well. Marco messed up his afternoon by forcing him right mid for the entire second half.

Rhodes 6 - battled well. Again, Marco messed up his afternoon too.

SUBS

Buckley 7 - positive.

Urby 7 - very positive too. Not a bad little cameo but I still don't understand the story of his season. How can he not get in ahead of Fox? He must not be a left back...

Atdhe 6 - tried his best.

Have a word with yourself. It was fairly even until we took the lead at 1-0 we sat back and allowed them to play. 2nd half they had plenty of chances and could have won by more. Having said that they had around 9 of their first team playing for the 11 man team against our 10-man reserves for 45 minutes. Absolutely nothing to read into that result, other than our reserve team are probably a bit short of being able to finish in the top 6, get over it.

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Have a word with yourself. It was fairly even until we took the lead at 1-0 we sat back and allowed them to play. 2nd half they had plenty of chances and could have won by more. Having said that they had around 9 of their first team playing for the 11 man team against our 10-man reserves for 45 minutes. Absolutely nothing to read into that result, other than our reserve team are probably a bit short of being able to finish in the top 6, get over it.

You've called me out and then ended up agreeing with me. 

I never suggested anything different - it was our second 11 Vs. their first 11. Still, I never enjoy watching us getting outplayed and that was the point I made.

2 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

You've called me out and then ended up agreeing with me. 

I never suggested anything different - it was our second 11 Vs. their first 11. Still, I never enjoy watching us getting outplayed and that was the point I made.

Not sure commenting on what you said is 'calling you out' - it's generally the way that forums work, people have their say and others discuss this.

Your post spoke of fearing Fulham due to the fact their virtual first team beat our 10 man reserves 2-1 having had to come from behind when our reserves were not even playing at full pelt.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure commenting on what you said is 'calling you out' - it's generally the way that forums work, people have their say and others discuss this.

Your post spoke of fearing Fulham due to the fact their virtual first team beat our 10 man reserves 2-1 having had to come from behind when our reserves were not even playing at full pelt.

Yep because they are obviously a good side based on how they moved the ball today. Take your blue and white specs off pal.

4 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Yep because they are obviously a good side based on how they moved the ball today. Take your blue and white specs off pal.

Never said they are not a good side, they are top 6 on merit. For all their hype our form is still better than theirs and I think our first team is better than theirs.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Never said they are not a good side, they are top 6 on merit. For all their hype our form is still better than theirs and I think our first team is better than theirs.

And I've not argued anything different so can you remind me of your point again?

1 minute ago, roundhayowl said:

And I've not argued anything different so can you remind me of your point again?

Just that I haven't got blue and white specs on then if you agree with me and not to live in fear of Fulham as you seemed to suggest.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just that I haven't got blue and white specs on then if you agree with me and not to live in fear of Fulham as you seemed to suggest.

Most fans must be happy we are playing Hudders out of the three, surely? Based on our record against them this season and current form. Therefore I am glad it's them rather than Fulham. Do I think our best side would beat Fulham? Quite possibly yes. But some on here are making out they were poo which is utter testicles.

3 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Most fans must be happy we are playing Hudders out of the three, surely? Based on our record against them this season and current form. Therefore I am glad it's them rather than Fulham. Do I think our best side would beat Fulham? Quite possibly yes. But some on here are making out they were poo which is utter testicles.

I agree in so far as Fulham were far from rubbish today and I hope Reading somehow turn them over. I don't think the previous results count for that much going into the play-offs though and I would probably have rather faced Fulham over 2 legs than potentially in a 1-off game on a big pitch.

Wildsmith 7- Couple of class saves

Palmer 8- Thought he had a reyt game to be fair

Sasso 6- Ok

Semedo 7- Good game out of position

Fox 3- Second half thought he was dire

Lee 8- Class player that turn in the first half by the dugout, unreal

Hutchinson 6- Bit quieter than usual, played one superb ball into Rhodes first half

Jones 7- Thought everything came through him when going forward, always available never misplaces a pass

Matias 1- Was playing well up until moment of stupidity. Cost us the game, moronic tackle

Rhodes 7- Works hard, needs to find a goal from somewhere

Winnall 8- Man of the Match, ran his socks off, excellent goal, won every header. Shame Matias ruined his afternoon by forcing him out wide

Buckley 6- Didn't notice him really

Emanuelson 6- Thought he looked tidy when he came on, could tell he bad a bit fo quality about him

Nuhiu 7- Worked so hard when he came on

Nice one Roamin

Went for Winnall, took his goal well and proper ran his nadjers off today.

Lee was right up there too, ace player to have back.

Good to see Hutch get some game time that lad does want to win every game. Last but by no means least Jose Semedo Captain Wednesday had a decent game at Centre Half and what a guy to have round the players at this time.

Can't wait for next 2 games..UTO 

Edited by TANGLED UP IN BLUE

was a bloody awful game between 2 sides who looked like they would have preferred to spin a coin to decide a winner rather than play .......I voted for hutch because he looked like he cared just a bit more than the rest .