Hillsborough is actually in a good place, transport wise .

If you develop them, that is.    For a modest amount, the Supertram could be extended slightly (800 metres of track, doubled up, so 1600 metres of track side by side) - which could allow people to get the tram from virtually inside the stadium.   That's one way of getting some fans out of the ground quickly after the game.

I'm sure the train route could be made to happen again.  It's been left to ruin, but it wouldn't take much to bring it back into town.   That's another quick route out.

Football busses could be brought back easily..

I'm sure a multi storey car park with pubs/restaurants on some levels could help too.   The restaurants helping to stop people to want to leave so quickly.

A link up with the greyhound arena keeping people inside the area after a game could work too also.   Simply transferring a fan from one sport, to another within walking distance on the same evening.

For people walking away, keep some fans drinking inside the ground.   The more inside not wanting to get out, allow those wanting to get out quickly to do so faster etc.   It also brings in extra revenue for the club, and lets be honest a lot of fans go drinking after the game around Hillsborough, an awful lot.

27 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

This is beautiful. 

Where is this from, looks the business to me, same location, retains the character, stands out from the crowd, not the goldfish bowls of today, unique.

18 hours ago, debram said:

Where is this from, looks the business to me, same location, retains the character, stands out from the crowd, not the goldfish bowls of today, unique.

It's the redevelopment fir if England had hosted world cup