4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Logically it makes no sense, as opposing teams supposedly raise their game at Wembley, so why not Spurs.

More importantly is the cost of bringing a ground up to Premier league standards, and the overall infrastructure going forward. That will be the ultimate deciding factor.

Personally I'd love to see the old lady get a boob job and botox. 

Old ladies are ugly with boob jobs and botox 

Guest The Claw

the old lady is our home and synonymous with Wednesday unlike anything in the past or even the future 

I remember looking up at the kop as a child, long before the roof; it seemed to go on & on right up to heaven and even without the amplifying effect of the cover the noise was deafening. 52000 people made the difference, not the structure it's self.

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Was listening to a guy today who was on about part of West hams problems on the pitch was down to scrapping Upton Park and moving to a modern plastic soul less bowl with no atmosphere and how spurs were going to play at Wembley while they had there new ground built and may have similar problems with the atmosphere etc.. With all this talk of maybe moving from Hillsborough it makes you think oooh do we want a sparkly new stadium, or just redevelope our existing ground? 

Russ Abbot never had any problems. 

56 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I remember looking up at the kop as a child, long before the roof; it seemed to go on & on right up to heaven and even without the amplifying effect of the cover the noise was deafening. 52000 people made the difference, not the structure it's self.

Used to think the same mate. On a good night with a big crowd the Hillsborough roar is something really special. 

9 minutes ago, flo said:

Hillsborough is the best stadium in world football so what's the point in changing it  

i think we are biased but feel pretty much the same flo  ...... keep the the stadium and build a bloody great car park nearby is my preferred option .

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

When I first went to Liverpool was disappointed with the famous Kop looked so small compared to Hillsborough's Spion Kop.

Yes Hillsborough was a great majestic ground after 66 (along with Goodson and Villa Park) when other big teams were still in poky little grounds. I have great memories of Penistone Road with all the flags. 

9 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Yes Hillsborough was a great majestic ground after 66 (along with Goodson and Villa Park) when other big teams were still in poky little grounds. I have great memories of Penistone Road with all the flags. 

Yes it was good to the flags flying gave a sense of occasion.  Love to see Hillsborough full, still looks as impressive as most other grounds.

17 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

That's nonsense there's potential to expand round Hillsborough just need to purchase some land either old car park, School when it re-locates or Houses on Vere Road? Infact our current footprint allows for plenty of redevelopment of facility's on the Kop plus new facility's behind the North and West stand. 

Location lets you be on the M1 in 10minutes or in Manchester in an hour.

Parking really not sure why anybody thinks its bad as compared to Majority of Similar grounds I've visited which either mean parking miles away/getting public transport in or being stuck in a car park round the ground for ages.

At least 2 stands at Hillsborough need to be replaced to maximise any sort of income.  The Kop and Leppings lane end are well past their sell by date.  

The north stand its self is ok but the facilities on the concourses are poor and the rear of the stand needs total redevelopment to improve this.

Hillsborough school wont be going anywhere soon as its grade 2 listed.  The houses on Vere Road will cost millions to buy up and the redevelop the area for what we wont.

Unfortunatly i just cant see anything other than a new stadium being built assuming we become a stable premier league side.

I'm in the camp of not bothered either way. If we redeveloped Hillsborough to the World Cup plan from a few years ago then yes, that would be perfect. But if we had to move to a new stadium, providing it was done right and had a uniqueness about it, then I wouldn't be against it. With the corners filled and a more enclosed ground it does make it more intimidating and turns up thto atmosphere a few notches. Some of it does get lost in the pretty vast and open surroundings at Hillsborough.

8 minutes ago, mike84 said:

At least 2 stands at Hillsborough need to be replaced to maximise any sort of income.  The Kop and Leppings lane end are well past their sell by date.  

The north stand its self is ok but the facilities on the concourses are poor and the rear of the stand needs total redevelopment to improve this.

Hillsborough school wont be going anywhere soon as its grade 2 listed.  The houses on Vere Road will cost millions to buy up and the redevelop the area for what we wont.

Unfortunatly i just cant see anything other than a new stadium being built assuming we become a stable premier league side.

Don't buy most of this to be honest.

So at least 2 stands need to be replaced.  Stands get replaced at football grounds around the country all the time, there is a cost implication but compared to other outgoings not particular punitive.

I have been to numerous new grounds where the concourses aren't particular much better. The standard seems to be painted breeze block and still fairly cramped.

The buildings around the ground issue. I'm pretty sure housing values around Hillsborough are probably at the very bottom end of housing values, so again, yeah a cost implication, but not particular punitive in the scheme of things. As for the school thing, rules and planning permissions are rescinded and changed all the time. Green Belt areas are suddenly allowed to be built on, decisions on graded buildings are taken. Red tape nightmares yes, but not insurmountable.

There are people who make things happen and there are people who find reasons why things can't be done. I would assume DC is from the former category and i would hope that he sees that improvements are achievable which would allow us to remain at what is unarguably one of the iconic grounds in the country.