Was listening to a guy today who was on about part of West hams problems on the pitch was down to scrapping Upton Park and moving to a modern plastic soul less bowl with no atmosphere and how spurs were going to play at Wembley while they had there new ground built and may have similar problems with the atmosphere etc.. With all this talk of maybe moving from Hillsborough it makes you think oooh do we want a sparkly new stadium, or just redevelope our existing ground? 

West Ham being an example of how not to do it. There are plenty of other teams (Derby, Leicester and Southampton to name three) that would back up  a move. 

Several reasons to move include:

The unfair stigma attached to something that happened there nearly 30 years ago.

The fact is makes zero non match day revenue

Poor location.

See how low our turnover is compared to other similar sized championship teams. 

The fact that nearly a quarter of the seats cant be sold . 

There are more but im boring myself now 

Logically it makes no sense, as opposing teams supposedly raise their game at Wembley, so why not Spurs.

More importantly is the cost of bringing a ground up to Premier league standards, and the overall infrastructure going forward. That will be the ultimate deciding factor.

Personally I'd love to see the old lady get a boob job and botox. 

The new Spurs ground looks amazing and they have kept one end as a big single tier stand behind the goal which i guess is to help keep the atmosphere?

If we were to move I'd hope we would plan something similar behind a goal.

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

West Ham being an example of how not to do it. There are plenty of other teams (Derby, Leicester and Southampton to name three) that would back up  a move. 

The unfair stigma attached to something that happened there nearly 30 years ago.

Poor location.

Unfair Stigma is unfair 100% but the other reasons -

Zero income can be improved at Hillsborough with new facility's

Location isn't poor Tram & Bus stops either side of ground and loads of parking compared to a lot of grounds

Turnover again can be improved at Hillsborough

Unsold seats again can be resolved at Hillsborough.

Winds me up people wanting to leave our iconic home that's been used for World Cup, European Championships, Cup Finals, Cup Semi Finals when we can just spend some cash and keep the history and have top notch facility's.

I'm sure half of those that slag Hillsborough off don't travel away on a regular basis.

West Ham's problems have come from a number of places - not least moving to an athletics stadium with a massive running track around it. Also - have 60,000 season tickets available (and sold?) to people who had previously not been able to afford or get on the waiting list - the "rougher" end of the community.

17 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Unfair Stigma is unfair 100% but the other reasons -

Zero income can be improved at Hillsborough with new facility's

Location isn't poor Tram & Bus stops either side of ground and loads of parking compared to a lot of grounds

Turnover again can be improved at Hillsborough

Unsold seats again can be resolved at Hillsborough.

Winds me up people wanting to leave our iconic home that's been used for World Cup, European Championships, Cup Finals, Cup Semi Finals when we can just spend some cash and keep the history and have top notch facility's.

I'm sure half of those that slag Hillsborough off don't travel away on a regular basis.

zero income can be improved but with Zero space around the ground it cant be maximized say like man city (not comparing us to them) who have an fan area which must coin it in.

Location is shocking, in a poor end of town with nothing around it, meaning there is no reason for people to venture there other than for the match. an overcrowded tram stop doesnt mean it has good access. As for parking its shocking, even worse when that scruffy patch of land behind the kop stops being available.

We can patch the place up but no matter how nostalgic you or anybody wants to be, Hillsborough is an and never will be fit for purpose in supporting a top premier league team, which in time is exactly what i hope we become. 

27 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Poor location.

All their original grounds were absolute sh**te holes which make Hillsborough look like the San Ciro in comparison, so not the greatest examples to be fair as they had no choice, we do.

Also all three are the absolute epitome of 'souless'.  Leicester rely on f****n clackers to make any noise, Southampton just boring boring boring and Derby, well what can you say?   

Both Anfield & Old Trafford prior to their gradual modernisation and development, were both inner city and not dissimilar to the location and immediate surroundings of Hillsborough.

Buy up land & houses (fairly, for a good fair price) re develop the area and go down the Old Trafford route, retain some soul & character and retain a ground synonymous with our name & history.

15 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

All their original grounds were absolute sh**te holes which make Hillsborough look like the San Ciro in comparison, so not the greatest examples to be fair as they had no choice, we do.

Also all three are the absolute epitome of 'souless'.  Leicester rely on f****n clackers to make any noise, Southampton just boring boring boring and Derby, well what can you say?   

Both Anfield & Old Trafford prior to their gradual modernisation and development, were both inner city and not dissimilar to the location and immediate surroundings of Hillsborough.

Buy up land & houses (fairly, for a good fair price) re develop the area and go down the Old Trafford route, retain some soul & character and retain a ground synonymous with our name & history.

Our stadium is hardly known for its atmosphere, its like a graveyard most of the time. 

I dont hate Hillsborough and if they poured money into it then so be it although i dont think thats the best way forward, but right now its by and far the biggest thing holding us back 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

zero income can be improved but with Zero space around the ground it cant be maximized say like man city (not comparing us to them) who have an fan area which must coin it in.

Location is shocking, in a poor end of town with nothing around it, meaning there is no reason for people to venture there other than for the match. an overcrowded tram stop doesnt mean it has good access. As for parking its shocking, even worse when that scruffy patch of land behind the kop stops being available.

We can patch the place up but no matter how nostalgic you or anybody wants to be, Hillsborough is an and never will be fit for purpose in supporting a top premier league team, which in time is exactly what i hope we become. 

That's nonsense there's potential to expand round Hillsborough just need to purchase some land either old car park, School when it re-locates or Houses on Vere Road? Infact our current footprint allows for plenty of redevelopment of facility's on the Kop plus new facility's behind the North and West stand. 

Location lets you be on the M1 in 10minutes or in Manchester in an hour.

Parking really not sure why anybody thinks its bad as compared to Majority of Similar grounds I've visited which either mean parking miles away/getting public transport in or being stuck in a car park round the ground for ages.

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Our stadium is hardly known for its atmosphere, its like a graveyard most of the time. 

I dont hate Hillsborough and if they poured money into it then so be it although i dont think thats the best way forward, but right now its by and far the biggest thing holding us back 

The atmosphere at Hillsborough when we're at it is second to none.  The 'dead' periods only reinforce the times it's buzzing.

If you mean there's not a constant drone drone Palace choreographed, leicester clacker type atmosphere, then A:- I wouldn't want it and B:- That's not real atmosphere anyway.

Ps the atmosphere is generally created by the people in it, not the actual stadium where it takes place.

Edited by bigthinrob

If DC decides to relocate the east end of Sheffield must be on his radar, the Hillsborough residual land value would be low, and he would no doubt be looking for larger combined training facilities so he would have to put his hand deep in his pocket. My favoured course of action would be to to redevelop Hillsborough and build a state of the art training facility nearby, there are many sites, such as Club Mill Road that could fit the bill, most of Penistone Road is a complete tip, he should be able to pick up a suitable plot for a song.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

That's nonsense there's potential to expand round Hillsborough just need to purchase some land either old car park, School when it re-locates or Houses on Vere Road? Infact our current footprint allows for plenty of redevelopment of facility's on the Kop plus new facility's behind the North and West stand. 

Location lets you be on the M1 in 10minutes or in Manchester in an hour.

Parking really not sure why anybody thinks its bad as compared to Majority of Similar grounds I've visited which either mean parking miles away/getting public transport in or being stuck in a car park round the ground for ages.

They should put you in charge of this project, I'm liking your ideas.  Manchester in hour hmmm I wonder why? lol Unbelievable Geoff