Play Off Semi Final Ticket Sales

I don't think anyone can complain about the order tickets are sold in. Everyone knows at the start of the season how ticket priority works so if you are worried about getting tickets for big games, you have to either a) go to more games in the season or b) lay out some cash for some kind of membership.

Anyone who has less than 50 points has no right to a ticket. Im not saying they shouldn't have one, just that they have no God given right to get one and every single person with 50 points (5 matches in 2 years) could buy a ticket yesterday.

Regards the website, too busy with long waits is one thing but no excuse for dropping people out of the queue or system not working properly once they are in no matter how rare an occurrence these big games are. They are plenty of 3rd party ticketing systems that can cope with huge traffic, even on a one off basis.

Edited by londonowl

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

34500 ish then ?

Well trhats the only really ridiculous thing about it isn't it?.....5000 empty seats....I dunno how they could work the system better TBH.

The moans were, "But I can't get down to Hillsborough to queue"...Folk are always going to be disappointed, but I suggest they send their complaints to S.A.G, because its bordering on the ridiculous.

Whats this the 3rd sell out of the season?...All crowds under 35k....?..Then we get some who think the sodding ground should be about 30K capacity anyway?

5 hours ago, Russy said:

Buying a membership at the start of the season for only £50 guarantees you a ticket at the semi final and Wembley (if we get there).

They also have an ID and you link the accounts with Friends and Family. 

I don't think people have issues with the regs and rules, its obviously a tense time for people wanting tickets. Secondly, Ive attended multiple games this season which my partner or friend has booked on so we can sit together so its not a fool proof nor autonomous system as you like to portray. 

I didn't get one despite queuing since 8:45 (more to bad server system) but I do hope all those who wanted tickets did get them. UTO

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Today's scramble shows me the way we do it is fair. Everyone who has been to plenty of games got a ticket assuming they did it right and collected the points. Those that were borderline had to work at it but in the main I'd say they got em. There'll be the odd one or 2 that missed out and a few that got em who had less points but overall it's a fair system. 

Get a season ticket

Get membership 

Attend lots of games and get the points

Attend a few games and get the points

Attend 1 or 2 games and scramble at the end. 

How else could it be fair? 

The idea is fair, but there's no denying the online ticketing system is a mess and not acceptable for a club of our stature. Must be fixed soon. Got my tickets but reading all the people suffering, getting pushed to the back of the queue after waiting hours is disgraceful. And many of those people won't have got them now, nor will be able to sit at a computer all day!

46 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I don't think anyone can complain about the order tickets are sold in. Everyone knows at the start of the season how ticket priority works so if you are worried about getting tickets for big games, you have to either a) go to more games in the season or b) lay out some cash for some kind of membership.

Anyone who has less than 50 points has no right to a ticket. Im not saying they shouldn't have one, just that they have no God given right to get one and every single person with 50 points (5 matches in 2 years) could buy a ticket yesterday.

Regards the website, too busy with long waits is one thing but no excuse for dropping people out of the queue or system not working properly once they are in no matter how rare an occurrence these big games are. They are plenty of 3rd party ticketing systems that can cope with huge traffic, even on a one off basis.

Exactly. If our online ticket system isn't up to the job (which it isn't), then we should use a 3rd party site to avoid all the disappointments/frustration to people.

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

The idea is fair, but there's no denying the online ticketing system is a mess and not acceptable for a club of our stature. Must be fixed soon. Got my tickets but reading all the people suffering, getting pushed to the back of the queue after waiting hours is disgraceful. And many of those people won't have got them now, nor will be able to sit at a computer all day!

That is true.

The website is a mess.

However, the vast majority of people that wanted to buy a ticket online today would have been on at 9am. Even if the website worked properly, most of them weren't getting a ticket.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That is true.

The website is a mess.

However, the vast majority of people that wanted to buy a ticket online today would have been on at 9am. Even if the website worked properly, most of them weren't getting a ticket.

Owt thats dependant on a fast internet connection, a better computer an' all other sorts of peripherals is never going to be fair though mate, but its probably as near as it can get.

Not sure if this will be helpful, and apologies if this has already been posted, but those without tickets should enquire about being added to the reserve list by emailing the ticket office. I had to return my ticket at approx 4pm today as the match clashes with a stag do (really unhappy about this). I imagine others may also have to return tickets on account of them going on sale prior to play off dates being confirmed. Wish you all the best of luck.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Difficult to get to Hillsborough when you're working in places like Spain, Namibia, Borneo and Peru...

I'm currently in the Pyranees so not like I can just saunter down the shop or get a call out

Surely the answer for you, Minton, is to join the Owls Foundation. OK I understand that the initial charge of

£104 which does,at first, seem a lot but as well as it giving you a level of preference for ticket allocation it

is a pre-payment subscription for the next 52 weeks Foundation draw with weekly top prize of £1000 and a

quarterly prize of £5000.

I would have thought that this was ideal for supporters whose job, like yours, prevent them from taking out a ST.:rolleyes: