Play Off Semi Final Ticket Sales

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We can't just extend the capacity of the ground if the SAG won't allow us. 

Feel sorry for those people who can't get tickets, but blaming the club for something which is outside their power is ridiculous. 

Not blaming anyone just needs sorting that's all 

Trouble is, once season ticket holders have been looked after, then members you're down to a few thousand tickets. If we go up we will have to put a cap on the number of season ticket holders and the number of members. Tickets will be hard to get for some games, easier for others. Regardless of the website there has to be a system that either rewards people or makes it a total random act. I prefer the former. 

On the subject of the website, it's not designed to work in the way we are trying to make it. We needed it to work like this once last season and once this season. In fact, last season it wasn't this type of thing cos season ticket holders could buy 2 I think. Maybe members too. I'm sure if we needed it regularly the club would sort it. As it is, it's unfortunate that some people have missed out. I don't believe every sob story I've read today though. 

2 hours ago, Minton said:

20170509_191906.jpg

23 minutes ago, Minton said:

Always wanted to do it, even from being a nipper. 10 years of working my way up, lots of 18hr+ days, 16 day weeks, starting out working for free and a LOT of barely minimum wage roles on crappy BBC daytime shows. I mainly do Discovery/Animal Planet stuff now though.

It's definitely worth it, I get to go a lot of places and see and do some crazy shizz, but means I'm away an awful lot! (9 months abroad last year!)

Looks like a very demanding job: firstly working 16 days a week and, by the date on the photo, having to work on dates that are 3 months in the futre. Completely unreasonable.

So it turns out I have a spare ticket for Huddersfield at home. Any takers?

Only joking.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Trouble is, once season ticket holders have been looked after, then members you're down to a few thousand tickets. If we go up we will have to put a cap on the number of season ticket holders and the number of members. Tickets will be hard to get for some games, easier for others. Regardless of the website there has to be a system that either rewards people or makes it a total random act. I prefer the former. 

On the subject of the website, it's not designed to work in the way we are trying to make it. We needed it to work like this once last season and once this season. In fact, last season it wasn't this type of thing cos season ticket holders could buy 2 I think. Maybe members too. I'm sure if we needed it regularly the club would sort it. As it is, it's unfortunate that some people have missed out. I don't believe every sob story I've read today though. 

Ifs and buts , but if we go up that's when this will become an issue we will have practically thousands of fans who can't get in , this restriction on our capacity needs sorting big time , we could have sold 5 k more for this game I'm sure of that , I missed out on a ticket for a family member today ,  who is a part time fan even though I queued up over 4 hours online . He paid £120 for a seat in the Gods at Wembley last season all the same , It's not just all about die hards we need to be able to accommodate all fans imo 

I got my tickets on members sales , I also in my heart wouldn't like to see us leave hillsborough,

BUT, days like today with so many disappointed fans alongside side our ongoing progression on the pitch make me think a brand new state of the art stadium is needed to bring us into the modern age.

Sadly parts of hillsborough aren't fit for purpose so it seems else urgent work is undertaken asap....with a good chance of the premier league next season, sadly we won't be ready for the ever increasing demand. 

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If Wednesday have any sense they will sell out every match easily should they get promoted.

you need to buy a ticket for two of these matches:-

Brighton

Swansea/Hull

Palace 

Southampton

WBA

Stoke

Leicester

Burnley

Watford

Bournemouth

To get a ticket for one of these:-

Man U

Man C

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Newcastle, West Ham and Everton will take care of themselves.

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Today's scramble shows me the way we do it is fair. Everyone who has been to plenty of games got a ticket assuming they did it right and collected the points. Those that were borderline had to work at it but in the main I'd say they got em. There'll be the odd one or 2 that missed out and a few that got em who had less points but overall it's a fair system. 

Get a season ticket

Get membership 

Attend lots of games and get the points

Attend a few games and get the points

Attend 1 or 2 games and scramble at the end. 

How else could it be fair? 

Great summary - I think it's as fair as you can get.

Speaking as I am now, a complete glory hunter, I learned the lesson of last year - I missed out on buying a semi- final ticket (but bought one on the day thanks to a mate of mine) and had to sweat it out on very few TPP for Wembley. To make certain I avoid the stress of last year I've been to 5 or 6 games since Christmas. Topped my TPP up nicely.

Ive just got to learn the names of the players and I'm all set.....

Edited by RobHowe

4 hours ago, SBOwl said:

Some guys in black appeared out of nowhere and dragged me out of the queue and threw me in the back of a van. 

Woke up 30 mins ago in a car park near Huddersfield. 

Hope you online ticket buyers are happy now!!

No still in the queue. Could you go back and get thrown out again?

5 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

I got my tickets on members sales , I also in my heart wouldn't like to see us leave hillsborough,

BUT, days like today with so many disappointed fans alongside side our ongoing progression on the pitch make me think a brand new state of the art stadium is needed to bring us into the modern age.

Sadly parts of hillsborough aren't fit for purpose so it seems else urgent work is undertaken asap....with a good chance of the premier league next season, sadly we won't be ready for the ever increasing demand. 

This exactly 

2 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

Great summary - I thinks it's as fair as you can get.

Speaking as I am now, a complete glory hunter, I learned the lesson of last year - I missed out on buying a semi- final ticket (but bought one on the day thanks to a mate of mine) and had to sweat it out on very few TPP for Wembley. To make certain I avoid the stress of last year I've been to 5 or 6 games since Christmas. Topped my TPP up nicely.

I've been to most games this season and if all players knocked on my door right now I wouldn't be able to put names to faces on half of them. :duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

Your a glory hunter and chose Wednesday?!! lol

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Looks like a very demanding job: firstly working 16 days a week and, by the date on the photo, having to work on dates that are 3 months in the futre. Completely unreasonable.

That's without the paperwork.

4 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

Some ST holders don't know the names of players, someone called Urby played on Sunday ? :manager:

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I've been to most games this season and if all players knocked on my door right now I wouldn't be able to put names to faces on half of them. :duntmatter:

Neither could Carlos.  Bet he makes Matias,mcgugan and urby wear name badges 

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We can't just extend the capacity of the ground if the SAG won't allow us. 

Feel sorry for those people who can't get tickets, but blaming the club for something which is outside their power is ridiculous. 

To be fair im a ST holder getting a ticket for someone and that ticket system was a farse.

5h 45mins to buy tickets.

Problem was once you got to 3hours waiting it kicked you to back of the queue meaning those behind you didnt wait as long getting served before you henst unfair system. 

I can see the kop having restricted view tickets released too as these werent available to buy.

22 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They all look about 12 to me.....but then again I'm close to being a pensioner.