Play Off Semi Final Ticket Sales

42 minutes ago, Smurf_Cas said:

Not sure if this will be helpful, and apologies if this has already been posted, but those without tickets should enquire about being added to the reserve list by emailing the ticket office. I had to return my ticket at approx 4pm today as the match clashes with a stag do (really unhappy about this). I imagine others may also have to return tickets on account of them going on sale prior to play off dates being confirmed. Wish you all the best of luck.

Smurf, how do you return them? I've got 3 to return for family who live too far away to make a night match. i can't find anywhere on the website about returns/refunds and, not surprisingly, couldn't get through to the ticket office.

8 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Smurf, how do you return them? I've got 3 to return for family who live too far away to make a night match. i can't find anywhere on the website about returns/refunds and, not surprisingly, couldn't get through to the ticket office.

My ticket was loaded to my season ticket. I called the club on 03700 201 867 (option 1). Really helpful and all done in a matter of seconds. Alternatively try email to ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk. At the bottom of the swfc homepage is a contact us link which you might find useful.

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Today's scramble shows me the way we do it is fair. Everyone who has been to plenty of games got a ticket assuming they did it right and collected the points. Those that were borderline had to work at it but in the main I'd say they got em. There'll be the odd one or 2 that missed out and a few that got em who had less points but overall it's a fair system. 

Get a season ticket

Get membership 

Attend lots of games and get the points

Attend a few games and get the points

Attend 1 or 2 games and scramble at the end. 

How else could it be fair? 

Can you imagine if everyone took your advice and at least bought membership !! What then with 10 k members in a mad scramble !! This could well happen if we go up  Leicester City fans have this problem every game our capacity needs sorting NOW !! 

Is it just me that has thought of the solution to Minton getting into the game? Either contact Sky to see if you can be a cameraman for the match or just pretend you are one making up a press pass carrying suitably heavy equipment that looks like camera equipment as you breeze past security. Mind you the main security man is a big lad and not to be messed with.

4 hours ago, Minton said:

I got lucky this season, I have a gap in my work plans that meant that I'll be back from Friday until the start of June.

I watched last season's playoffs from a hotel in Nepal. 

Working in TV is a ballache sometimes

d60e8db695d8d0566807b078d4d2b6edc799b9cf5335b0ada7edab52b9de503a.jpg

5 minutes ago, darklord said:

Does anyone know where you can view the seating plan.  Obviously can't on the official site.  Only ones I can find just have the blocks but wanted the one with seat no and rows on.  For the grandstand 

Wednesday player pal.

3 hours ago, DesWalker said:

The club only has so many tickets and they use a priority scheme.

Everyone who has missed out or got one today knew the situation because of last year.  

It's your choice not to go to Hillsborough and that's fine, but that fact of the matter is to have guaranteed a ticket everyone knew what was required.

That's what people are saying

My argument is what if all fans that can't go to every game just buy membership and collect points throughout the season there will be so many that some will still miss out even after taking all this advice this issue will escalate if we go up   This capacity issue needs sorting now that's the big problem not who have been clever or whatever are we not allowed to have casual fans ? 

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Just loving some of the smug comments on here aimed at imaginary fans that are complaining !

Think most of the comments were typed and ready to post days ago

No smugness from me. No sympathy for people that can't get tickets though. I live 200 miles away, can't go to midweek games because we can't get there in time after school, can't get to many Saturday games because we can't get there in time after both the kids have finished playing football between October and April. Can't get away tickets for half the matches anywhere near us because don't have priority. Have a total of 110 priority points, a massive 11 games in 2 years yet had no problems buying 3 tickets 5 days ago. As it is, because it's on a Wednesday night, we can't go so I have passed my tickets on (at face value!!).

Its not about being smug, it's about people who think they have a God given right to a ticket because they went to the Play Off final last year. If you have shown any level of support to the club over the last 2 years, you will have had no problem getting a ticket with the priority system as it is.

In fairness though, you are right we are responding to imaginary complainers in a way because I think people have been much better prepared this time round, we haven't had all the 'hard luck' stories that we had last year of all these people that had been to every match for 30 years but somehow hadn't been able to get a ticket. 

Guest Ash76

Site might perform better if people didn't have his obsession with needing to see the seating availability image every 5 minutes for big games

1 hour ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

How do you end up in a job like that?  know a sports camera man who's done world cups and stuff. Seems like a really rewarding career, albeit with a lot of long days... 

Always wanted to do it, even from being a nipper. 10 years of working my way up, lots of 18hr+ days, 16 day weeks, starting out working for free and a LOT of barely minimum wage roles on crappy BBC daytime shows. I mainly do Discovery/Animal Planet stuff now though.

It's definitely worth it, I get to go a lot of places and see and do some crazy shizz, but means I'm away an awful lot! (9 months abroad last year!)

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

My argument is what if all fans that can't go to every game just buy membership and collect points throughout the season there will be so many that some will still miss out even after taking all this advice this issue will escalate if we go up   This capacity issue needs sorting now that's the big problem not who have been clever or whatever are we not allowed to have casual fans ? 

So you want the club to increase capacity to accommodate fans who only attend one or two games per season? It will certainly be worse next season as those same fans will probably want to go to seven or eight games instead of one or two.

Just now, Plonk said:

So you want the club to increase capacity to accommodate fans who only attend one or two games per season? It will certainly be worse next season as those same fans will probably want to go to seven or eight games instead of one or two.

Yes but our ground can hold 39 k this is the issue if we had this capacity today I'm sure practically all the fans who didn't get tickets would have been able to , 

We can't just extend the capacity of the ground if the SAG won't allow us. 

Feel sorry for those people who can't get tickets, but blaming the club for something which is outside their power is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes but our ground can hold 39 k this is the issue if we had this capacity today I'm sure practically all the fans who didn't get tickets would have been able to , 

It needs sorting asap to stop this madness.Disappointed fans and lost revenue.